• 2/5 Crowns
    • 1/5 Crowns

Gz4eS3s.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, June 22nd @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

Plankton practices ruling the world by shrinking himself down and declaring himself king of SpongeBob's aquarium.

Clips:

Note: This episode has already been leaked online due to its UK airing.

Edited by Jon Snow

King Plankton was a pretty damn good episode to start off this summer. The premise of Plankton shrinking himself to rule over sea monkey tank was such a unique idea that was explored to the fullest and I was really invested in Plankton's enjoyment over starting small as a dictator that eventually learned that kings are being sacrificed. While the episode didn't make me laugh that much, it had some good gags. I lol'd at the parents never wanting kids after seeing SpongeBob's behavior, definitely the most notable joke of the episode. Karen using a mirror to reflect her screen to watch her shows got me. I liked the previous king running away with joy. The whole twist of Patrick being the one to drink the tank, instead of Gary that SpongeBob implied was actually unexpected and it made me laugh. My only issues were that the episode could have been funnier and the beginning with SpongeBob going lalalala was a bit irritating, though it made up for the joke. This was definitely an episode I enjoyed as a whole.

Grade: B+

• Sad 1

You know, it never ceases to amaze me just how OFTEN I'm able to predict something happening on "Spongebob Squarepants", and then it ends up HAPPENING!!!! o.o Take for instance, the idea of ACTUAL sea monkeys? I predicted it happening in October of 2018 in one of my story ideas, and now, in June of 2019, we actually see them on the show! I sometimes feel like I'm the Nostradamus of "Spongebob Squarepants" or something! :hysterical: In any case, for Kaz, this episode was WAY better than it had any right to be, after the COLOSSAL misfire of "Ink Lemonade", and the mixed bag that was "The Nitwitting". The beginning portion of this episode could've been tightened up a bit; but otherwise, it was a pretty interesting episode. Plankton tries to shrink himself to an even SMALLER size, and take over as King of the sea monkeys. In his castle, I saw some references to some famous paintings, including "Birth of Venus"; "Napoleon On a Horse"; and "Van Gogh Self Portrait" (Before he chopped off his ear). And while Plankton does have fun ruling over the Sea Monkeys at first, his reign is short-lived when the sea monkeys try to sacrifice HIM, to be eaten by Patrick! I thought it was interesting that Plankton's Shrink Belt was able to make ALL the sea monkeys grow to Spongebob Squarepants' size, and it's interesting that Plankton is able to THROW the rest of the Chum Bucket away! :rolleyes: All in all, I'd give this episode an 8.8 out of 10, because of the pacing issue I mentioned earlier. Enough said! :cool:

• God Himself 1

This was a really great episode. It had a lot of funny jokes "Rube Goldfish device", and everything that happened with Plankton trying to rule over the sea chimps. Didn't expect the ending where the sea chimps manage to grow to larger size and take over the Chum Bucket to the point where Plankton has to toss the whole thing away rather apathetically. Still it was a pretty great episode.