• Advertisement

Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated Announced

Jjs Goodman

excited clapping GIF by Cheezburger

YASSSSSSS!!!

Don't care how much it is, I'm so buying this!
The multiplayer mode sounds pretty interesting; I wonder what that's about. Could it be separate from the story mode or will two characters be playable at once within the story? Who knows? Either way, this is gonna rock.

Also fingers crossed they give Patrick's Dream the ice cream makeover it deserves.

• Happy 2
  • Hug 1

The Flash in that announcement trailer is...something, but it’s so gratifying to see SpongeBob look old-school again, if for just a few seconds.

This is such great news! Battle for Bikini Bottom is a part of the franchise’s history, and needs to be shared with kids today. I’m just hoping there’s talent behind it that can buff out the scratches in the original. There’d be no point in remaking the Kelp Forest if it’ll still be bad.

Also, coupled with the rumours of a Simpsons: Hit and Run remake, this could be the year of 2003 tie-in game revivals!

I’m very excited this is happening and all, and I love that image JJS posted above, but am I the only one who thinks SpongeBob and Patrick look a bit creepy in those Steam screenshots? I hope they don’t look like that constantly in the game. 

Nitpicks aside, I can’t wait to play a childhood classic again on a newer console.

14 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

I’m very excited this is happening and all, and I love that image JJS posted above, but am I the only one who thinks SpongeBob and Patrick look a bit creepy in those Steam screenshots? I hope they don’t look like that constantly in the game. 

Nitpicks aside, I can’t wait to play a childhood classic again on a newer console.

i think it's just a weird angle, in og game models also looked awkward from certain angles.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2019 at 12:52 PM, EmployeeAMillion said:

The Flash in that announcement trailer is...something

The Flash himself was in that trailer? where? Was he just so fast I couldn't see him?

edit: sorry for double posting

Edited by SpongeCob

I feel that some fans are probably going to say "oh it looks shitty" and "oh the lighting is odd" and "oh ew wtf this isn't the BFBB I rememberrrrrrr!!!1111!!1111!!!11111!!!!", but guys...this is pre-alpha, AND what are you expecting? This game won't have AMAZING graphics. It's not a AAA game. It's not meant to be one. It still looks great and I can't wait to buy 23921 copies of it.

• Funny 1

I’m actually liking the graphics and I think the camera angle is a bit reminiscent of the original game. 

The thing that bothers me the most about this pre-alpha footage is such an unimportant detail I loved massively in the original.

You know how in the original game, when you destroy a robot or the tikis, you see the damaged pieces fly everywhere off the stages and then slowly disappearing? I always loved seeing where it would go from far away, and in this pre-alpha version, they get rid of it by making the pieces disappear immediately after you destroy a robot or tiki. I hope it’s not like that in the final product. It’s one of those details I found fun as a kid (another one being the tartar robot seeing you, so you move away and it shoots the tartar sauce from a far away spot and you see it about to fall down on you from the sky... it was so cool to see as a kid).

• Like 2

I'm going to be honest, I have little to no faith that the graphics will end up looking that good, literally every 3D platforming SpongeBob game after Truth or Square's graphics looked... not so hot; and no, it doesn't matter that this is a remake of Battle for Bikini Bottom; this is still being made by a foreign studio, by that I mean a studio that hasn't worked on a SpongeBob game before, and have only previously worked on a game from 2017. Could Purple Lamp Studios end up making the graphics look nice? Maybe. But I guess we'll just see. I am aware this it the pre-alpha and of course it's not going to look that amazing because well, it's a pre-alpha build, but my point is if this was the final version put out, I wouldn't be too surprised. It's still from Nickelodeon and you know how they roll. ?

• Sad 2