• Advertisement

‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ CG-Animated Prequel Series ‘Kamp Koral’ Greenlighted By Nickelodeon

Jinjo

While it didn’t turn out to be Planet Sheen 2.0, I still have a couple fears with this.

1. It could turn into a rip-off of Camp Lazlo, and steal some of its jokes.

2. SpongeBob relates to 10 year olds more than any demographic in his “adult” form, so aging him down to their level seems a bit odd.

3. I hope the CGi is at least remotely comparable to Sponge Out of Water, which seems unlikely since this is a TV show.

I just really don’t want this to be a step back in a technical department, or for the franchise. But at least since CGi is still more restrictive than 2D animation, at least the faces and movements won’t be as wacky...?

2 hours ago, dmandamanAndKnuckles said:

I mean, I read it.

I wasn't super angry or anything. All I could think was "Why? Why does Nick want this camping s#!*%t to happen so much? Why is it necessary?" Ugh, I just wanna die...

Because Nick wants to milk Spongebob for all it's worth.

2 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

The staff behind the film and for this spin-off series must feel very proud of this whole Kamp Koral idea that they have made originally for It's a Wonderful Sponge, considering that they're announcing a spin-off series based on this concept even before releasing a trailer for the third SpongeBob film. One thing's for sure though, this new spin-off series, whenever it comes out, will probably only feel like Nick's own version of Camp Lazlo.

The fact that Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller are giving this their support speaks some lengths. And although while I can speak for everyone when I say that none of us have really asked for this, I am curious to see how this pans out.

And although while I can speak for everyone when I say that none of us have really asked for this, I am curious to see how this pans out.

Exactly this. I really really did not want a CGI spin-off and "prequel" to SpongeBob SquarePants, but who knows? It might not even be half bad. If it pulls laughs out of me, I'll enjoy it and give it a pass. Same with the other...11? I think? Fuck.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

Paul Tibbitt spoke the truth on Twitter about this. Major respects. Doesn’t matter if you don’t like Post-Movie or not, he’s right.

That part about Steve is really sad, because it's true. I can't believe Nick would turn on his back the very moment he passed away.

Oh wait, yes I can

• Like 2
  • Funny 1