• Advertisement

106b. Sun Bleached

Karen

Luke, Nate, and Rich put together an..interesting episode about over-tanning? Another episode with no real beginning nor end to it's concept. It just sort of is, and that's about it. No satire, no subversion. It seems like there was some sort of intended idea, like maybe a touch on "hierarchies" of people. The top are tan and golden brown. But pale SB and Pat are bottom of the barrel. Like, they are trying to be the popular kids in school. That sort of symbolism. That's all I can gather, but it's not that well presented, and seems sort of ditched after a while. However, the episode is pretty amusing throughout, visually moderately charming, and the sun bleached SpongeBob is a neat design. All in all, not offensively bad or painfully dull. A plus for Season 6.

Decent.

I loved this episode so much. one of my favorites from season six. and i only like about 10 episodes from season 6 and all the post movie seasons. i loved it when spongebob got sunbleached and looked all dried up, but i especially loved it when the chocolate sauce/fudge coating got all over spongebob and he used that to get into the club and the seal, or whatever that guy was, thought it was a tan and passed him off for it. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. now seriously, you guys find that boring? WHAT? i thought it was very creative, hilarious, and entertaining to watch. it did kinda feel like there should have been just a little more added to it, but only somewhat and that hardly and barely even matters anyway and does not even take away the overall quality of the episode. score: 9/10

One of my least favorite episodes, it obvisoly took advantage of spongebob. Plus wait for it... CRAIG MAMMALTON IS THE BIGGEST JERK IN SPONGEBOB HISTORY!

YOU...FAIL!!!! :thumbdown: If any character wins the trophy for biggest "Spongebob Squarepants" character jerk, it's either Squilliam Fancyson, or Kevin the Sea Cucumber! Craig didn't FORCE Spongebob and Patrick to get tans, they didn't HAVE to go to the party. At least Craig was impressed by Spongebob and his ultimate tan, whereas Kevin didn't like Spongebob no matter WHAT he did! :excl: It's not that creepy, and it's pretty entertaining! :D 9.4/10! ;)