• Advertisement

Onward

Clappy

Coming to theaters in March 2020, it will be Pixar’s first non-sequel in two and a half years.  Set in a suburban fantasy world, the story is about two teenage brothers (Tom Holland and Chris Pratt) who embark on a quest to see if there is still magic out there.

My thoughts: Dammit Quill!  For the last time, stop imitating Thor!

I'm looking forward to this; I love the mystical, magical world setting. Initially, I was really only going to it for Pratt and Holland playing the leads and having lately become a sucker for Marvel actors, but the trailer makes me feel like there's a lot more to enjoy.
Don't know how precisely, but I did get vibes of the Monsters franchise from the trailer, as well as some Hotel Transylvania-esque vibes too (in terms in visuals). But I have hope for Pixar as I always do with their content so I'll be waiting patiently for this movie with delight.

This looks like it will actually be interesting.

It's almost what The Good Dinosaur should've been. Take something that existed long ago (or in this case, something that never actually existed) and see what it would be like in modern times. Here, they seem to be executing it right. Since Pixar's last original movie, Coco, took me by surprise, I have high hopes for this.