• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever! (20 Year Anniversary Edition!)

Sweat

It's not on there, and neither are most of the choices that I picked. Then again, I admit that my tastes in personal choices for "Spongebob Squarepants" are probably more on the weird side, compared to other users who frequent this website. Enough said, true believers! ;)

You know I think I'm too harsh on Band Geeks. It's not my #1 favorite, but I can see a lot of the appeal towards it, it is an awesome episode and one of the only episodes where Squidward gets an amazing happy ending. I'm too harsh on Sweet Victory too, I shouldn't dislike it due to it being a 5/10 song outside of the show. It works awesome within the context of the show, and it IS a memorable and lovable moment. Wish we had more awesome, happy moments for Squidward like this. It's still a very great episode that I love to this day if I ignore those dumbass points like the Sweet Victory song itself and the "Is Mayonnaise An Instrument" quote that Nick loves to meme to death. ? 

Now since I sadly never posted thoughts on none of the episodes, and I'm too lazy to do every single contender now, here's my top 25 list I submitted:

25. Squid's Day Off 

24. Christmas Who? (#4)

23. I'm With Stupid

22. Imitation Krabs (#29)

21. The Paper (#30)

20. Sailor Mouth (#17)

19. Pressure

18. Graveyard Shift (#11)

17. The Secret Box 

16. MM&BB V (#27)

15. Club SpongeBob

14. Idiot Box (#19)

13. Frankendoodle (#10)

12. New Student Starfish 

11. No Free Rides (#34)

10. Krusty Krab Training Video (#5)

9. Squidward, The Unfriendly Ghost (#60)

8. Krab-Borg (#25)

7. No Weenies Allowed (#40)

6. Nasty Patty (#15)

5. Wet Painters (#9)

4. The Camping Episode (#8)

3. Chocolate With Nuts (#3)

2. Snowball Effect (#22)

1. Can You Spare a Dime? (#7)

That was a fun list as usual. See you all next decade.

(My original post about Honorable Mentions that got deleted by an error on that day but I recovered it from my profile page, so I'm reposting this. If you lost your post, find it on your profile page but stop the page from loading completely and be quick to copy it before your post is shrunk down. See ya in 2020/2021 for the next best list!).

- Pranks a Lot is such a hilarious episode but I never considered it as one of the best episodes ever.

- Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost is one of my favorites from s1, even though it's not on my list.

- Squid on Strike is very funny but I don't think it's as amazing as people say. I have a slight issue with Mr. Krabs' portrayal and I know that's the joke but his entire shtick rubbed me in the wrong way.

- Employee of the Month is no longer on my best list but It's still one of the best episodes ever and it's one of the best SB/Squid dynamics the show has ever provided.

- Missing Identity is great but I don't think it's that good enough to be on top 50, so I'm ok with it not being on the list.

- Procrastination is so damn good and relatable but not exactly one of my favorites.

- Gary Takes a Bath is such a classic simplistic episode that uses jokes so damn well and it's definitely the best Gary centric episode but I'm not as crazy as I wish to be.

- I will always consider Mimic Madness as one of the best post-sequel episodes and it's one of the better episodes of s10, so I'm a little disappointed it missed this year but honorable mention is just as good. Although, it's not an episode I would put it on my list.

- FUN is great but I'm not that big of a fan.

- Wishing You Well deserved better, admittedly I kind of lowered it on my list but it's still one of the best episodes ever. It's just so charming and cute.

- LOL Truth or Square. Part 1 good, part 2 bad. Worthy on the lowest of the worst list? Nah. Worthy on the best list? Nah. Middle of the road episode.