• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever! (20 Year Anniversary Edition!)

Sweat

oh shoot sorry for the spam, it was by accident

also while I have shown my list, whatever

25. Patrick kills a band
24. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#42)
23. Pencil
22. Life of Crime (#41)
21. Two men debate over a cartoon
20. The ending makes people mad I think
19. SpongeBob makes friends with copies of himself
18. Plankton tries to die
17. Sandy gets offended
16. The episode where Frank Welker did some voices
15. Something Smells (#31)
14. One Krab's Trash (#47)
13. Squidward should be inside a coffin I'm I right?
12. Mountain Climbing Adventure!
11. SpongeBob makes a sweater
10. Gum
9. Squidward gives away his possessions to make SpongeBob happy
8. Squidward becomes a fat fuck
7. SpongeBob and Patrick use tape to hurt Sandy for their own benefit
6. Sweat
5. None of that spadinner garbage.
4. I Love You
3. Sponge tries to sabotage Squidward, and vice versa
2. Squidward's a lazy bitch
1. The Paper (#30)

Edited by SI-LLY
  • Happy 1
  • Sad 1

The Paper and Imitation Krabs are always episodes that are better than I remember, since their plots became so formulaic as the show went on. Still, you can’t be the originals.

Plus The Paper has one of my all-time favourite quotes, “That was great, Squidward! All those wrong notes you played made it sound more original.”

Survival of the Idiots: This one's better than I remembered, tons of memorable quotes here too.

Something Smells: I like this one slightly more than SOTI, the gags to the people reacting to spongebob's breath are just gold.

The Paper: Wow, I don't hear about this episode a lot, but it totally deserves to be here, who knew an episode about a plain piece of paper could be so much fun.

Imitation Krabs: Easily the best Plankton disguises himself episode, classic stuff.

Edited by chio

28. "Happiness is just a suction cup away."
1jO2YYR.png
Squidville, 137 points
10 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank 2 #1's @CakeCup@E.V.I.L.) (+19)

Squidville experiences a bonkers jump, earns two number ones, yet still cannot make it into the top half. It's like The Paper's situation but not quite as bad, but it still goes to show how competitive this lsit is getting. This episode's only previous appearances were in 2015 and 2018, but this year's position is easily the highest of the three years. Sometimes, I just totally draw a blank on why an episode jumps really high, but with this one, I think it just fits the SBC zeitgeist. We're all fucking sad and dissatisfied with our lives, and Squidward in this episode is just a great performance. I didn't put it on my own list, but it was a very painful cut. This episode is painfully relatable, yet it's also morbidly funny.

27. "Now go save the world or you're fired!"
6PegRA4.png
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, 142 points
10 out of 44 lists (Highest Rank #2 @almy) (-12)

This is another unfortunate one. A regular in the top 50 and, besides 2013, a regular in the top 20, has fallen out. Despite the fall, the fifth Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy installation reigns supreme as SBC's favorite MM&BB episode. There were certainly good ones beforehand, but this one lives up to what you expect from an episode based on superheroes. It's packed to the brim with action and suspense, has more than its fair share of comedy and gags (as the image above shows), and you get a really heartwarming resolution. While it's not my favorite MM&BB episode (that actually goes to #6), I can see why so many have such fondness for this one.

• Like 3

Squidville is not on my list but it's very close to make it. It's one of the most rebtable episodes of the show and it's filled with astonishing jokes.

MMBB V ismy fav MMBB ep ever. Literally every single joke hits and it's a great superhero team parody. I also very enjoyed the extended cut. It deserved a higher spot on the list and I think this is better than its partner episode.

Squidville: This used to be one of my favorite episodes way back, it has since dropped way down to not even make my top 25, but maybe 50, I still think it's a very good episode and shows squidward needs some excitement in his life.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V: Either this or the motion picture is probably my favorite MM&BB episode, the superhero team is great and it's filled with really funny jokes.

The Paper: Not one of my favorites, but it does have an enjoyable concept, and I like the creative ways SpongeBob can come up with to have fun with a piece of paper.

Imitation Krabs: A really enjoyable episode that always makes me laugh when I watch it.

Squidville: A really good episode that focuses on Squidward.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V: This one is probably my favorite MM and BB episode.

Squidville: Amazing episode that is on my top 50 but not quite my top 25. I’m glad this rose a lot, as #48 was too low and I was surprised it ever got that low. It’s an hilarious episode with great characters, a great plot, and can be sorta relatable in a depressing way.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V: An hilarious episode that is defintely at least top 100 and almost defintely farther in than that too. The fight where everyone defeats themselves was godly.