• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever! (20 Year Anniversary Edition!)

Sweat

As a teensy tiny fun thing, from here on out, I'll put lists that are on my backburner on the "mood" section of my profile, so if you wanna see if I've acknowledged your list but have yet to tally it, just hover over my username 'n such.

After a few days, we are at an astounding 20 LISTS! We are nearly two thirds of our way from beating last year's number of best lists, and nearly halfway there to beating the number of lists on the 2019 Worst list. Keep the lists coming, guys! You have 25 more days to submit!

Well guys, just as a reminder, you have about two more weeks to submit! We are at 30 LISTS right now, which makes me more than happy, but we need more. Don't dilly dally, y'all! If you want your voice heard, submit a list! I'm excited to see the final results! Cheers ❤️

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 3:46 AM, Josh the trash said:

so yeah...what is PM anyway?

Private Message. You basically send members private messages. This is how 

1) you click on member's profile

2) ROMQJoM.png

click on message

3) Wh1zPUf.png

4) click send and there you go

• Thanks 2

Remember guys, there are only 3 DAYS left to submit a list if you haven't already. The turnout as is is fantastic but we're just a few lists short of our goal. I hope I see a few more come in by the due date. This list is already huge as is, and more lists will only make it bigger.

• Like 1

Today is officially the FINAL DAY of submissions! I will be accepting lists no later than midnight CST. You guys still have a day for any last-minute lists, so I hope I see a couple more today. We are only two lists away from matching the worst list, so keep 'em coming! :) 

• Like 1

Patty Hype: Good episode. Not up there as one of my all time greats but I always found it enjoyable, with some blessed moments such as "THEY MATCH OUR PURSES" and Mr. Krabs getting chased in the end, among other gags here and there. I think it's an 8/10 or so.

It's a SpongeBob Christmas: It's a cute episode, probably Season 8's only good special, but even then it's only merit is that it's the lowest level of good and the most interesting part of the special is the gorgeous Stop-Motion animation itself. Christmas Who? is still miles above this one but I don't hate it. Weird to see it make the list. ? 6/10

Patty Hype - An amazing episode, but still isn't on my list. I love the idea of it but for some reason I still don't think it's one of the greatest episodes of all time. I love the gags with the people of Bikini Bottom showing what Pretty Patties have done to their tongues and bodies, plus obviously "MR. KRABS, I HAVE AN IDEAAA".

It's A SpongeBob Christmas - A great special with tons of fanfare, warm Christmas cuddly appeal (what did I just say?), and stop-motion!!!! But I don't know. It can't be one of my favourites. I'd rather watch Christmas Who?, but this episode is still an amazing special to just sit back and relax to. Not on my list. #EatFruitcake

Patty Hype: I...don't really have much to say about this one. I like it, but it doesn't really have much going for me. Nice to see it made the list, I suppose.

It's A SpongeBob Christmas: So I managed to contribute to making this episode a part of this list for the first time ever, and this was my #1 so...yay! A lot of the appeal of the episode for me is the fact that it's in stop-motion, even the Patchy sub-plot which is cute and it doesn't wear out its welcome for me unlike other Patchy appearances in specials. I love the songs - Don't Be A Jerk...It's Christmas - most notably. And also this ep very much falls into the "I'm a sucker for specials" territory that influenced a lot of my own list. I prefer this Christmas episode to Christmas Who mostly because I found the plot more intriguing than the last one - and I love the five-o-clock shadow thing the Jerks seem to get with the Jerktonium, and just out of personal preference making it one I'd favor rewatching. It's an absolute darling of an episode in my eyes and the only special with one perhaps competing for its spot having finally seen it with a place in my heart.

• Like 1

oh just wow.

Patty Hype has made the list and I couldn't have been happier ever. It's one of my all-time favorites for many reasons. It's arguably one of the most creative plots in the entire show. What if SpongeBob makes his own patties and sells it to costumers? Absoultely genius. I loved how Mr. Krabs got so jealous of SpongeBob's success that he took over the place but eventually it backfired. You could argue SpongeBob was the one responsible for people being affected by pretty patties and it's true but Mr. Krabs took the estabilishment out of greed and he is the one to get the riots. It's such a well written episode with tons of hilarious gags that it made my list.

I'm very shocked It's a SpongeBob Christmas has made the list. It's not on my list but damn, people are so right to call this one of the best specials ever. It's true that the episode has some weird plot holes but the story itself is very sweet, creative and fun that it gives me joy. Stop motion is perfectly executed and the humor was well done for a special. I loved the songs, I loved the episode's plot, humor, animation and tone, what can I say more? It's a worthy of a good SpongeBob special, in fact an amazing special imo.

Patty Hype made my list. I think it's an episode that's super memorable, interesting, and original. I think it's one of Season 2's greats and I honestly love it.

It's a SpongeBob Christmas was an episode I never really loved, but I still think it's decent. The song is pretty good and the plot is interesting enough, but I think the stop motion distracts from the episode and I think it would have been better if it was traditionally animated.

Patty Hype: Amazing episode, probably on my top 75 I think? It’s a very funny episode.

It’s a Spongebob Christmas: This episode is amazing and made it on my list very far, at #8. The episode has amazing atmosphere, and thats the big thing that makes it so amazing to me, it has an awesome christmas atmosphere, and its stop motion animation really contributes to this and looks really cool. I also really like the song, and it has a very good plot and very good jokes too.

Patty Hype: Didn't make my list but still a memorable & funny episode, always found the animation different than most season 2 episodes but it could be just me.

It's a Spongebob Christmas: This was a big surprise for season 8 as specials around that time definitely weren't the best, this is a very solid episode with a great plot and I love how the stop-motion looks, plus the songs were just fun, top 5 season 8 ep for sure.

Edited by chio