• Advertisement

Tales from the Crypt

image.png.b0e351072804872e44e96e408fb86c5e.png

Greetings, boils and ghouls! Renegade here with my second work not belonging to my larger "Reneverse" and my attempt at an "anthology" sort of series. Based on the classic comic and TV series, the Crypt Keeper tells terrifying tales both original and familiar. Co-written with @GreyKnight151.

“There is a house on a non-descript street, in Everytown, USA. It has a reputation as “the scary old house”, and for good reason too - it is a decaying old Victorian mansion, perhaps a century or even two old. Its paint, that had once might have been a blinding white, is now crumbling and grey. Its grass, once clean, green and neat, is as dead as the house itself, long and brownish.

Inside the house, however, is a different story: though it is seemingly abandoned, the house itself seems perfectly maintained. As you venture further, however, one begins to suspect that something is...off about the place. And then you notice the stairwell. Curious as to what might be at the bottom, you decide to walk down. Further and further you go, your sight growing darker, the air growing staler, and that sense of dread of something-or someone-dwelling here growing larger. As you reach the last step, you behold the sight before you - a crypt; it’s a fairly spacious place, with a few coffins here, and a nigh-infinite stack of comic books there. Immediately, however, your suspicions about the house are confirmed when a decaying corpse with blue eyes appears before you. He is the Crypt Keeper, and those comics? They are the Tales From the Crypt.”

----

"The Devil's Hands", premiering at SOF 9.