Episode Rating  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Pets
    • 4/5 Pets
    • 3/5 Pets
    • 2/5 Pets
    • 1/5 Pets

While this episode hasn't officially aired yet in the United States, it's been online long enough that I may as well make this if you've been itching to review it, especially with SpongeBob's 20th birthday today. The official airing will be this summer. If you have seen it already, feel free to post your thoughts here.

0eS50Z8.png

Premieres: 

July 27th, 2019 @ 11:15 AM ET/PT

Plot: Sandy narrates the nocturnal adventures of Gary and his secret pal, Spot.

Edited by Jon Snow

Such a nice episode.Idea itself wasn’t that unique at it’s cover(in fact,sounds a lot like a fan-fiction),but execution still try to be entertaining and beautiful as possible.Gary and Spot made a really cute team up at its own,but Marvin also was surprisingly a fun one note character that bring some solid slapstick and lines at the same time.Episode while not comedy genius,I can say that I found enough of amusement out there.And animation once again looks inexplicably great,Season 12 so far looks like it’s upgraded animation even more than we seen before and I absolutely love that.The only issues I’m having here is that both Sandy and Patrick felt completely pointless and unfunny here,but neither of them annoyed me that much so it’s forgivable this time.Once again Andrew Goodman impressed me with a quality 11 minutes of Spongebob episode,hope that this season going to have THIS type of simple episodes,and as from leaked screenshots,we have a big chance to get them.

Rating:

akMKOAs.jpg

Also Puffy Fluffy Returns atomically 13/13 

35 minutes ago, NegiSpongie said:

Isn't this the last episode produced by Stephen Hillenburg before his death?

Don't remember this being confirmed anywhere

• Like 1

I felt this was just okay after rewatching. It didn't feel as interesting or funny as other Spot episodes to me, albeit this episode did have its moments. Gary and Spot together were cute to watch. Sandy as the narrative was pretty cool, even if it felt bizarre. I loved "mimeco clock" and I thought that was the best moment of the episode. I really liked the whole sequence with animal control man and the slime wife. But yeah, that was kind of it. I wouldn't revisit this one but it was passable enough and it had its own charm at times.

Grade: B-

• Like 2

I thought this was a really cute episode. Gary and Spot make a pretty good duo with all the fun things they do just to hang out. Sandy narrating their actions kinda gave it a nature documentary vibe to it. The stuff with the animal control officer was okay, but kinda too random to me. Also I could've sworn I saw Puffy Fluffy in there, but I could've been imagining it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NegiSpongie said:

I thought this was a really cute episode. Gary and Spot make a pretty good duo with all the fun things they do just to hang out. Sandy narrating their actions kinda gave it a nature documentary vibe to it. The stuff with the animal control officer was okay, but kinda too random to me. Also I could've sworn I saw Puffy Fluffy in there, but I could've been imagining it.

Puffy was there but with different colors.

• Confused 1

In this episode, I saw the return of Larry the Snail, a Sea Bear, and Mystery the Sea Horse! :D Also, I felt like Patrick added to this episode, rather than taking anything away. Spongebob had relatively nothing to do with the plot (not that such a thing is necessarily a bad thing, just unusual). Definitely felt like watching a nature documentary, which is something I don't think this show has every REALLY tried before (barring the AWFUL attempt that was "The Fish Bowl"), but this attempt worked decently enough. Marvin was definitely a more interesting (so far) one-shot character than most of the one-shot characters we usually get. It definitely feels like more can be done with Gary & Spot, should they ever make another episode like this in the future. As for this episode, I'd give it a solid 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers! :cool:

• God Himself 1

6/10

Certainly a sweet episode. However, Sandy's narration got to me after a while. I get that Gary and Spot don't usually speak English, therefore narration is pretty much needed, but Idk something about the way she does it gets a bit grating after a few minutes. Not much of a funny episode either, except for maybe the wedding scene.