• Advertisement

Happy 20 Years to SpongeBob!

Cha

Happy anniversary, SpongeBob SquarePants. This show was the first thing in my life that I was truly obsessed over, it was the show that impacted me the most, without any exaggeration. I still love it, and it's still bring me laughs and feeling of comfort. Thanks to SpongeBob I became interested in drawing, thanks to SpongeBob I met many wonderful people, this community included. I honestly can't imagine my life without it, in a good way. Thank you SpongeBob SquarePants and I wish you being just as fondly remembered and loved in next 20 years, as you are now.

ARdgQm8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Happy 1
  • God Himself 1

Wow I can't believe this show actually hit the age of 20 and it is still going. As much as I'm tired of seeing the show ongoing, the show's impact on people including me is something special. SpongeBob taught us to be kind, positive, happy and open minded. And even if we fail at that goal sometimes, the show always meant to give us a positive look into life itself and not every show can pull it off. The show's clever writing and some of the best humor in all of media is astonishing and a big achievement. I'd even say the show's golden age is the best comedy of all-time. The show has loveable cast, exciting stories, clever humor and plenty of heart behind it. The show earned its place for being one of the best shows ever existed and I'm glad something like a kitchen sponge can unite us all.

Happy birthday SpongeBob SquarePants!

• Like 2

A big reason why I rejoined this forum was because of the 20th anniversary. It took me a long time for me to finally rewatch spongebob after years of thinking it was "childish" and "never going to get better" but, I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

4 hours ago, DrCrunchy said:

A big reason why I rejoined this forum was because of the 20th anniversary. It took me a long time for me to finally rewatch spongebob after years of thinking it was "childish" and "never going to get better" but, I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

Out of curiosity, what was your original account?

I may be critical of the current state of the show a lot, but that doesn't mean I hate everything about it. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I still have a deep love for this show, and can appreciate a thing or two about all the eras this show had over the years. The crew are some of the nicest and most talented people out there in the cartoon industry, and I'm happy a lot of people are enjoying the show again and the fact the crew have tons of fun and are happy when making the show. The reason I do tend to get critical with it being not for me is the fact that I have such a passion for the show and characters, but have my own vision and ideas with what to do with the characters, and maybe one day, I could finally become a decent cartoonist and hopefully have a shot on working on my dream cartoon, or learn a thing or two from the awesome people on there. Working on the show sounds fun and I've always wanted to do writing or storyboards for it, sadly I'm in such a shit rut right now I'm just now starting to become an alright artist, but still not even close to that. Anyway, enough about my wishes and dreams. Without this amazing show, my life would be dull as hell. I wouldn't have as much of an awesome childhood with all the merchandise I had (and trust me, I had A LOOOT, even international stuff like books and magazines from the UK! I also want to try and collect international merch but I don't know the languages at all so buying a German mag at the moment seems pointless) and watching the show religiously. I wouldn't have met all of you awesome people and have a ton of amazing memories I constantly look back on, and finally, I wouldn't have ever crafted crossovers with my favorite character of all time that I dearly love and want to write for one day, Squidward. So, thanks SpongeBob, for being the greatest cartoon of all time, and for bringing a smile on everyone's face. I will forever miss the wonderful Hillenburg, and stick with what this show does next for as long as I live.

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 2

Something I've found through all my years going from fandom to fandom, and interest to interest, there's always one show I find myself repeatedly coming back to no matter what, and it's SpongeBob. I've been watching this show for as long as I can remember, in fact it was one of my earliest memories! I'm not sure what it is that keeps me interested, but I was very much a Nickelodeon kid growing up, so SpongeBob became a part of everyday life for me as a child. I watched the show, saw the movies, played the video games, etc. The world of Bikini Bottom always looked so bright and inviting, with a new zany adventure around every corner, and its population of colorful characters of all shapes and sizes. I remember as a kid I saw SpongeBob as a bit of a role model, and I wanted to be as friendly and happy as him when I grew up. I like to think that stuck with me somewhat all the way to adulthood, as even now I try to think positively, be kind to everyone, and I want to follow my passions and pursue a career in animation. I'm not sure where I'd be without the show, but I'm certain I wouldn't be the same person I am now.

The show was and is still a big part of my life (Even if I don't keep up with it as much as I used to). The crew is honestly full of such amazing and kind people, and I'm so glad that they still have fun with what they do. Regardless of what you may think of how well the show has aged, it's pretty incredible to think that a cartoon about a talking sponge has had such a huge impact on popular culture, as well as bring people from all over together, and is still continuing to do so after two whole decades!

So happy birthday, you funky little goofy goober! Thank you giving me and everyone around the world the best day ever for 20 years and counting! I'm sure Stephen is looking on proudly from the great beyond

• Like 3

I know it's ten days late but I haven't said much of anything about Spongebob's 20-year anniversary yet and I have some stuff to say. Anyways, Spongebob was one of the first cartoons I loved. Its settings, characters and plotlines made for a unique and iconic experience, and little did anyone know at the time how much of an impact the kitchen sponge would have on popular culture as a whole. This show shaped my life, as well as those of many others, in a way I don't think many others can claim to have. Thank you, Stephen Hillenburg, and may you rest in peace knowing your creation is loved by millions around the world.