• Advertisement

The BADDLI Scale

Sweat

Do you ever struggle to figure out why you don't like an episode? Or do you just like needlessly categorizing things like I do? Well look no further! Thanks to help from SBCord, the BADDLI Scale is a list of SIX criteria that can make for a shitty episode. I don't mean elements of a bad episode necessarily (i.e. bad writing, bad characters), but moreso the feeling you get on WHY it is bad. You'll see what I mean as I run through the six and offer some examples.

Boring Does a crappy episode put you to sleep? Do you want to change the channel to something more interesting? Think Gullible Pants

Annoying Does a crappy episode give you a headache? Do you wish you could strangle the obnoxious characters in it? Think Slide Whistle Stooges

Disturbing Does a crappy episode give you goosebumps in a bad way? Do you wonder if you can sleep at night after watching it? Think Squid's Visit

Disgusting Does a crappy episode make you nauseous when you watch it? Do you want to look away because it's so unbearable? Think The Splinter

Lazy Does a crappy episode completely disappoint you? Do you think "Wow, this episode clearly had no thought put into it."? Think The Main Drain

Infuriating Does a crappy episode just piss you off? Do you wish that justice could be handed to characters that never get it? Think Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom

Obviously, don't treat this as some kind of gospel for evaluating shitty SpongeBob episodes (like a certain other template), but it's just a fun little way to categorize just why people hate certain episodes.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Boring: Hide and Then What Happens

Annoying: Patrick-Man

Disturbing: Are You Happy Now?

Disgusting: To Love a Patty

Lazy: Plankton Retires

Infuriating: Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful

Also SBYF would be all these categories imo

Boring: Goons on the Moon

Annoying: The Great Patty Caper

Disturbing: Spongehenge

Disgusting: None (unless you count the spit jar scene from The Nitwitting):ohgod:

Lazy: The Chaperone

Infuriating: Spongehenge all the way