• Advertisement

SpongeBob Flash Games Archive

JCM

This is really cool, but I’m worried that these very likely might not work anymore after Flash gets discontinued next year. Are any of these getting converted to HTML5 or something?

4 minutes ago, OWM said:

This is really cool, but I’m worried that these very likely might not work anymore after Flash gets discontinued next year. Are any of these getting converted to HTML5 or something?

I do plan to release some of the games with a standalone Flash player after Flash is gone for good, but many of the games do need to be on a server like this one to function properly, so if there's a game you've been itching to play again, I would do it sooner rather than later. 

Alright so I saw a concern of these games eventually not being able to work anymore due to Flash's discontinuation next year, and I felt the best way to archive these is through this SWF file player I found

http://www.swffileplayer.com/

To download the games in their SWF form of the archive that JCM posted:

- Right click and left click on View Page Source

- Press Ctrl + F simutaneously and search for SWF

- There should be a link that has a simplified title of the game with .swf at the ending of it, the link should also be UNDERLINED and clickable

- Click it and accept the download to your computer

- Go to your SWF player and left click Open and find the game you just downloaded and enjoy!

NOTE: I tried doing this with some of the Flash games on the archive that are younger, which are from about 10 or less years ago, and the method I stated won't necessarily work with these games, to download these, you must use Inspect Element and navigate through it to find the .swf link of the game.

WARNING: Also please note some of these games are very old as why they are unstable if you download them, it is very likely for these to have lots of bugs and crashes when attempting to play some, yet on the bright side, a handful of these games work perfectly fine.

Sorry for not updating this in a super long time, but I've added 25 new games, with more to come over the next few days. You can find them at the top of the Games page under "New Additions". With just under five months of Flash support left, there's not a lot of time left to play your favorite games, so if there's any I've missed, please let me know!

• Like 2

Since Flash died a couple of weeks ago, I've converted many of the games to the Flash emulator Ruffle so they'll still work in your browser. The games that actually work in Ruffle have been separated for your convenience:

You can find the page again at this link if you lost it for some reason.

Please, test the games out as much as possible and let me know if there are any glitches that weren't there before. If Ruffle ever does expand support for games made in newer versions of Flash, I'll make sure to let you know here. Happy gaming! :)

• Like 1