• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever! (20 Years Edition)

OWM

6. "Don't worry, little worms. I know a place where we can go to find homes for every single one of you."

670082928_6.PetorPests.jpg.7d8442068955cfa4126d453bafffe571.jpg

Pet or Pests, 464 points

26 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank 3 #1's @The last carotte @Loopers @CakeCup) (+5)

Carotte: I won't say much about this episode because it's basically every Season 6 flaw in one episode. There is literally nothing that I can find decent. It doesn't have a plot and everything that happens is boring and gross. First of all, the animation is at its worst and the designs are so ugly. It's the worst SpongeBob design in the whole show mainly because of the overuse of Springer cheeks. Even the worms are gross. Also, there are some gross-out moments that are really disturbing to me, for example that birth scenes. I hate how the baby worms throwing up is a running gag in this episode. Speaking of gags, the doorbell scene sure was a NICE attempt to add comedy. It lasted like 30 seconds and the doorbell didn't even sound like a real doorbell so it becomes an annoying scene. Oh yeah and Larry was unusually jerkish and I suspect he was pretending not to know SpongeBob. He tried to eat the worms because he didn't give a f about nothing! I won't comment on every scene because they're all basically bad at best. This is an episode that deserves more hate than Squid Baby tbh. Enough said!

5. "Well, actually, SpongeBob, uh, there's two words. And they're not very good."

1773458390_5.SpongeBobYoureFired.jpg.3d3a7c7ae67999aab133ea6aec48e2ea.jpg

SpongeBob You're Fired, 471 points

25 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank 5 #1's @SquiddyFace @Klu @Trainman2002 @dmandamanAndKnuckles @Matt0417) (0)

More: SpongeBob You’re Fired was the episode I crowned as my least favorite episode of the series. I’ve said that confidently almost since I first saw it. This year a peculiar Season 11 episode pushed it to #2 but in retrospect I don’t think I made the right call. Calling this the most hated episode of the series by the general public, if not the most hated episode in any series, would be right. The reviews of this episode have more passion and feel more like SpongeBob than this. 

The way the story progresses is absolutely atrocious. The turning points are all based on ridiculous contrivances like Mr Krabs firing SpongeBob for a mere NICKEL. Which is stupid and makes the ending of the Krusty Krab going kaput predictable from 20 minutes away, as SpongeBob’s the only thing keeping the Krusty Krab alive in the first place. In other cases, they contradict everything that happened in the episode beforehand. The stupidest part of the episode is when all the food mascots come back to attempt to kidnap SpongeBob... for the fact that his patties are delicious. Even though all of them threw the patties on the Filthy floor only minutes earlier. The worst part is that those two things along with SpongeBob moping around and crying the ENTIRETY of the episode are the only things resembling a plot or stakes. Every single part of the episode is painfully long and only serves to waste the viewers time. Ink Lemonade might be horrible but at least it grabs your attention. I could speed up SBYF to eleven minutes and everything would still go on for twice as long as it should. Hell, I could cut out everything between SpongeBob getting fired and him getting re-hired and and that would have zero impact on the story. 

Every single character here is a shell of their former selves that makes the character in Atlantis SquarePantis look like they have personality. Mr. Krabs is excruciatingly cheap. Sandy is a messed up scientist only conducting experiments for the fun of it. Patrick is a total bum and a terrible friend for promoting his lifestyle to SpongeBob. And SpongeBob is miserable to watch as his one biggest trait of optimism and happiness is completely missing. At the very least, in other terrible episodes, these characters at least interacted and were fleshed out enough to make a story out of. This has nothing. 

The episode steals elements from dozens of episodes from Karate Choppers, to Le Big Switch, to Welcome to the Chum Bucket, to Model Sponge. It didn’t even have to be this unoriginal. The scene where SpongeBob creates Snail-Po makes me think of an alternative universe where SpongeBob can create a new business and find a niche success outside the Krusty Krab... oh wait that’s the plot of Patty Hype. Not that it matters as the Snail-Po scene is abandoned within seconds and has no impact on the episode at all. I still stand that I could create a clip show of past episodes strung together to resemble SBYF and it would still be more competent than it ever would be. 

Possibly even worse than that is how this episode tried to be somewhat political in its depiction of unemployment but it fails to convey any message at all, not unlike Modern Simpsons. If there’s ONE thing I can give this credit for, it’s that the news blew the moral way out of proportion. The fact that SpongeBob does eventually realize the wrongs of unemployment and finds another job is at least competent. It wasn’t an intentional moral or a well-constructed one, it fails to show anything political or relevant in any way, and it feels manufactured as much as the rest of SpongeBob You’re Fired. But at least it saves this from being worse.

Lastly, let’s discuss the comedy. Wait I worded that poorly...

Let’s discuss how this episode only gets more broken in that it has no comedy at all. I forgot how this episode takes such a depressing and serious tone and subject matter. The few “jokes” there are are painfully long and arduous, from SpongeBob crying for four straight minutes, to SpongeBob getting kicked from a job four times in exactly the same way. The fun-employment scene is the worst example of this where SpongeBob is completely fed up with life and is miserable to look at. There did not need to be multiple close-ups of his face to drive home that point. His portrayal is on par with Squidward in “Are You Happy Now?” and that’s saying a lot. 

That one season 11 episode may have made me lost passion for the series for a long time. But it was a fluke. After watching the rest of Season 11especially Karen’s Virus, Plankton Paranoia, Squid Noir, and many others—I see that the post-sequel crew is really passionate about their work and are always bursting with new and creative ideas. SpongeBob You’re Fired is the last straw in a sea of a slow, dead, series that overstayed it’s welcome. It felt like a corporate product that Nickelodeon pitched. It was bad enough to get attacked on major news outlets and cemented the show as a zombie. Good riddance that Post-Sequel gave the series a much needed overhaul after this.

For that, I think I can safely call this the most fundamentally broken and poorly made episode of the series. Consider this my #1 once again.

WhoBob: SpongeBob You're Fired single handedly defeated every single episode for being the most uninspired and laziest episode ever existed. I can't even believe this was pitched in the first place. This episode has Marc Ceccarelli, Luke Brookshier and Mr. Lawrence as writers, all of them are incredibly talented writers, especially Luke Brookshier who is my favorite post-movie writer ever and yet none of them seemed like they wanted to make this episode at all. It all feels like a studio meddling by Nickeloden to force the crew to make a special about SpongeBob getting fired, which is why this episode feels so soulless that it's literally on par with season of Fairly OddParents, I'm not even joking. 

Lets start with the premise. SpongeBob gets fired from Krusty Krab, and from the start, this episode already shows us it rips off the premise of Squid on Strike, therefore the premise isn't anywhere close to being original to begin with. To makes things worse...the reason why Mr. Krabs fires SpongeBob is utterly nonsense. He fires SpongeBob OVER A DAMN NICKEL. Why is that? Because Mr. Krabs has to do budget cuts. That doesn't make sense, even as a damn joke. Time and time again, the show have told us without SpongeBob, Krusty Krab is NOTHING. He provides the most money and what's funny is that his paycheck is literally a nickel. Mr. Krabs is a businessman, he is not dumb to fire SpongeBob over a nickel. What's funny is that this kind of behavior reminds me of Mr. Krabs selling SpongeBob's soul over 62 cents in Born Again Krabs AND Mr. Krabs accusing of Squidward for stealing his 10 cents, which led Mr. Krabs fire him in Can You Spare a Time. Mr. Krabs' entire characterization is trash here and what's funny is that we're supposed to see how sad he has to make a decision but I don't feel anything because we all know he'll rehire SpongeBob at the end and because of his decision, I just facepalm over it. 

To make things even worse, SpongeBob cries like a baby and who doesn't fucking wanna hear SpongeBob crying? I get why he's sad but it's just so annoying than legit heartbreaking to me. It should have been a big deal because people losing their jobs is so common but I don't care for the conflict due to how it plays out. And of course SpongeBob being sad and obsessive over his job is tackled in Bummer Vacation, so there's another example of why I feel anything but interested in this episode. Then we get to have Patrick seeing a depressing SpongeBob and telling him that being unemployment is the best. Oh shit, this is the scene that caused FOX News to sperg over the episode promoting "unemployment", which caused an unnecessary controversy because this episode never promoted unemployment if they actually paid attention to the episode. That's one thing I'll disagree with the episode's criticism because this episodes doesn't even deserve controversy because it's so fucking boring. "Funemployment" as Patrick calls it isn't fun. It's a boring and forgettable sequence. After that shit is over, SpongeBob and Patrick heads to Sandy's treedome for free food for homeless... What does Sandy do? She warns SpongeBob to not eat the food because it's for experimental purposes. It gives Patrick a second head, which is so concerning. I'm usually a Sandy apologist but this right here is messed up and it's easily my least favorite version of Sandy ever. She would NEVER EVER do an illegal experiment on homeless and poor people. That's NOT who she is. She's not a criminal, yet this episode portrays Sandy as someone who can get away with this kind of shit. It's insulting to her character and it's very disturbing. To cut it shortly, Sandy convinces SpongeBob to get a new job and SpongeBob is headed to his way.

Welp, If you thought it couldn't have gotten more boring, wait and see. SpongeBob getting new jobs, I'm sure that premise hasn't been done before...oh wait. Model Sponge where SpongeBob thought Mr. Krabs fired him and he has to find himself a new job. Does this episode even try to do something different? Nope. SpongeBob tries out every single restaurant to be a chef there but every single time, he enters, he makes a Krabby Patty which leads to him getting kicked out. My god, I can maybe understand the episode doen't know it rips off other episodes but this is the most obvious one and the most inevitable one. Le Big Switch did this joke like come on. What makes it worse is that this episodes does it again and again with no real punchline to it, thus making the gag so stretched out that it becomes tedious. Of course the pointless scenes aren't over yet! 

After being fired last time, SpongeBob decides to make Gary a snail food, which kind of sounds like Patty Hype where SpongeBob tries out a different food to sell but it's funny that of all the rip offs, that premise could have been pulled off masterfully. Albeit, I doubt the episode tries to rip off that episode but I thought it's worth mentioning. You know, wouldn't it be amazing to see SpongeBob running a snail food company? Now that's an actual interesting premise that seems like it's derivated from Patty Hype but it could have been its own unique thing. But nope, this entire sequence is once again POINTLESS because we actually see that all the bosses SpongeBob got fired by, they all wanna rehire SpongeBob to make him do more Krabby Patty, so they kidnaps him and try to make him their slave. Yay, slavery in SpongeBob! And that premise is done done done done done in The Krusty Sponge. I'm just gonna go right into the whole fight sequence between Krabby Patty mascot and the bosses. Now that's an actual fun scene, too bad I still don't get emotionally invested in the story because this episode has all the chances to make me care for SpongeBob's journey but after many many many boring, annoying and disturbing scenes, the episode loses it.

Oh joy, the mascot brings SpongeBob to Krusty Krab which is in a really terrible state. Who would have thought! Oh wait, other episodes especially Whatever Happened to SpongeBob, where SpongeBob being away means Krusty Krab goes bankrupt. My god, it's so predictable that it's not even funny. How many times do I have to see SpongeBob's value over the restaurant to get it? The characters never ever appreciates SpongeBob's value and it makes me pissed off. The mascot turns out to be Squidward who saves SpongeBob only because burned patties are worse than being with him. Am I really supposed to feel something for this scene? It makes Squidward a complete heartless human being and I'm surprised many thought this was emotional, even when the episode's reputation was so low. And we get to see Mr. Krabs who regrets firing SpongeBob and he'll rehire him again. That's just no. Fuck you. You don't deserve SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, it's that simple. If you never valued your best fry cook ever, your restaurant is worthy of being bankrupt. I can't even believe SpongeBob would accept the offer again. I would rather be jobless than working in that environment again. Yea, yea, SpongeBob loves working at Krusty Krabs and the show would lose its appeal If status quo was changed but SpongeBob doesn't even have dignity to move on from that toxic place the episode represented. Why should I care for this type of episode If SpongeBob will always work at Krusty Krab? I just don't because it's a waste of time. Oh joy, the episode ends on Mr. Krabs charging people to use the bathroom for a nickel, he just never learns and everyone's happy at the end.

This episode purposely or not, ripped off or took plot points from 8 EPISODES and I'm not even gonna enter the snail food scene reminding me of Patty Hype and the title being same as "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired". To forget all the rip offs, as a whole story, the episode has some of the worst characterizations from many characters, jokes are too long to make me laugh, story is poorly structured and pointless, animation is very lifeless and this is supposed to be A SPECIAL. For gods sake, I seriously wonder behind the scenes of this episode because it feels forced down our throats. This episode is on my #2 and If it weren't Gone's petty ending, this episode would have been my all-time least favorite episode. Fuck this episode hard and I hope it'll be on SBC's worst lists forever and especially on bottom 5!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • God Himself 1

I don't haaaaaate Pet or Pests, but I do think it's undoubtedly a terrible episode. Its rise on the list is warranted.

Meanwhile, I truly and honestly detest SpongeBob You're Fired. It's almost impressive how badly they screwed up EVERY SINGLE aspect of the premise and took what could've been a somewhat interesting concept for a half-hour special and completely suck any potential redeeming qualities out of it. It used to be my #1 worst at some point, and I still despise it. I'm happy to see it in the bottom 5.

• Like 1

Smoothe Jazz: lol

APFG: A PAL FOR GARY! YOU PUT 24 PEOPLE DOWN FROM YOUR LIST RIGHT NOW!

also this episode is overhated its not even bad until the infamous scene which is admittidly terrible

Pet or Pests: lol

This is a terrible episode........ It’s so boring, unfunny, gross, the story is awful, the animation is easily the worst of the whole show.... and for once, I honestly do not know what there is to defend since there isnt even a single good joke or a single good looking part of the episode. Geez. This episode made it to #2 on my list and it isn‘t going anyway

Spongebob You’re Fired: Had this on my list and in hindsight I shouldn’t have. Yeah it’s boring but it kinda still entertains me...lol

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. WhoBob WhatPants (#27)

46. Waiting (#46)

45. The Googly Artiste (#46)

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. The Play’s The Thing (#44)

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. The Nitwitting (#30)

37. House Sittin for Sandy (#35)

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. A Pal for Gary (#7 LMAO)

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. Squid's Visit (#25)

30. :thinkegg:

29. Sportz? (#33)

28. :lennythink:

27.  Fungus Among Us (#24)

26. Clash of Triton (#10)

25. You Don’t Know Sponge (#45)

24. The Main Drain (#21)

23. :thinkegg:

22. Someone’s in the Kitchen with Sandy (#11)

21. Face Freeze (#40)

20. :thinkegg:

19. Summer Job (#29)

18. SpongeBob You’re Fired (#5)

17. To Love a Patty (#32)

16. The Splinter (#18)

15. One Coarse Meal (#15)

14. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (#12)

13. Cephalopod Lodge (#39)

12. Shuffleboarding (#37)

11. Trenchbillies (#14)

10. Big Sister Sam (#13)

9. :thinkegg:

8. Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom (#8)

7. Slide Whistle Stooges (#16)

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. Yours, Mine and Mine (#22)

3. :lennythink:

2. Pet or Pests (#6)

1. :thinkegg:

18/25 30/50

Pets or Pest is my bottom 5 for being one of the most disgusting and unfunny pieces of shit I have ever seen. The episode lacks zero entertainment. Who really thinks a long doorbell joke funny? Or Larry trying to eat the baby worms? Or the every single scene of baby worms puking? OR THE AGONY OF THE MOMMY WORM WE HAVE TO HEAR? They're all horrible and painful to sit through and the fact that Mr. Krabs makes an easy profit from the worms is shitty. Guess I should be happy those worms found home but I'm not happy with how it ended. Even though It missed bottom 5 here, I truly despise this episode.

I haven't re watched either episode (lazy) but I'll give my take on 5. SpongeBob You're Fired

wAtCh Me bE An aPoLoGisT aND thEn bASh cLoWns AnD faRMerbOb (the former now being my least favorite episode for now)

Now, SBYF has one of the most uninspired and stupid premises ever, its a bland idea, but even so, why would SpongeBob get fired from his job, da fuq...
The episode poorly (its the only way possible really) has this be done by having SB be fired over like a nickle Krabs can save. Its just stupid, and its obvious this episode was likely the result of executive meddling on the studio as WhoBob points out

so from that you're expecting me to hate this episode, as I do think it has a horribly uninspired premise.

Well the episode just kinda exists, the setup to it (if memory serves) is rather mediocre and dull. As the episode progresses, it actually gets decent, and while the events you see later only happen because of that dumb premise, I find SB trying to work at restaurants and failing, then squiddy saving him kinda enjoyable, it is in no way remarkable, but its serviceable.

Now I do not really remember this episode much, and my opinion could probably change on rewatch, but for now SpongeBob You're Fired is an episode that at least felt focused, and actually becomes a bit enjoyable, but it has an absolutely stupid premise, 4.5/10, for now.....

"Pet or Pests" BARELY made my list. I mean, some of the animation is a little gross, but it's certainly not as terrible as some of the other episodes that made my list. And unpopular opinion time, I just can't bring myself to hate "Spongebob, You're Fired". For me, the episode is actually kind of entertaining, in a stupid, moronic way. That's why it didn't make MY personal list!

25. "Pet or Pests" (#6) 24. ? 23. "The Cent of Money" (#26) 22. ? 21. ? 20. "Demolition Doofus" (#31) 19. "Face Freeze" (#40) 18. "The Clash of Triton" (#10) 17. ? 16. ? 15. "One Coarse Meal" (#15) 14. "Little Yellow Book" (#20) 13. "Someone's In the Kitchen With Sandy" (#11) 12. ? 11. ? 10. "The Splinter" (#18) 9. ? 8. ? 7. ? 6. "A Pal For Gary" (#7) 5. ? 4. "Atlantis Squarepantis" (#34) 3. "Boating Buddies" (#17) 2. ? 1. ?

Enough said, true believers! ;)

Pet or Pests: Larry’s reaction to seeing SpongeBob is my reaction to this episode.

SpongeBob, You’re Fired: I remember when quite a few people (including me) liked Abney’s review of this episode, where he said the episode was enjoyable when it first came out. :gold:

23. One Coarse Meal (#15)

22. A Pal For Gary (#7)

21. Trench-Billies (#14)

17. Sponge-Cano (#28)

15. Squidward's School For Grown-Ups (#47)

13. SpongeBob, You’re Fired (#5)

12. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (#12)

8. Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom (#8)

7. Little Yellow Book (#20)

6. Sportz? (#33)

5. The Googly Artiste (#46)

4. The Clash of Triton (#10)

1. Slide Whistle Stooges (#16)

While Pets or Pests isn’t one of my personal worst episodes, it does contain by far the worst gag in this history of this show.  SpongeBob ringing Mrs. Puff’s doorbell for over thirty seconds without anything even remotely funny being attempted is one of the most insufferable moments in any series I’ve ever watched.  It just sits there in prolonged annoyance trying to force a pity laugh but it doesn’t even get that from me.  This series has some incredibly bad moments to watch like Squidward’s toe nail from House Fancy to the hanging the noose innuendo in Are You Happy Now to SpongeBob yelling at Gary to put Puffy Fluffy down to the repulsiveness of The Splinter just to name a few.  But at least I got what they were trying to go for.  Ringing a doorbell for a few seconds would have been understandable, but for over thirty seconds!?  Why!?  It’s the animators and writers purposely being cheap and just trying to find a way to meet the runtime easier.  I can put up with my fair share of gross out humor (except for Fungus Among Us but that’s the only exception) but I can’t tolerate being this purposefully lazy.

FUCK YES. 

Choir Boys is one of the worst characterizations of SpongeBob ever. He was such an asshole to Squidward that he didn't deserve to win at all. Of course we'll give Squidward hell for just wanting to do something for himself. boohoo he's so talentless we have to make him miserable. I hate this implication on this show and this episode is by far the worst offender of it. Jokes are like a kid friendly version of Family Guy and the character faces are so fugly that I can't stand it. I'm so happy it cracked bottom 5, what a shitstain episode.

YES, Ink Lemonade is on bottom 3 once again. I already made a commentary last year but to this day, I still hate it. It combines all of the problems of post-movie and post-second movie, it has Patrick's worst characterization ever and Squidward went through hell for no reason. Jokes are so gross that not even the good animation can't save it. I hate it. I was sad I couldn't watch it before last year's deadline was over and even though it couldn't crack my bottom 5 (#6), it's still one of my least favorite episodes ever.

Choir Boys: This was my #9...... it really should not have been that high on my list if even on it at all. One of the dumn as fug moments of my opinions being too easily persuaded or pressured by tons of people saying their opinions about somrthing. I’m just apathatic to this episode. It’s meh besides the scene where Squidward gets stung while SB sings, that scene is bad.

Ink Lemonade: yeah this is a bad episode. Made it very far on my list. Patrick torturing Squidward for his blood/pee/whatever is really OOC and his worst appearance yet, and this episode is also gross and has things like the spider egg cookies. This episode kinda feels a bit uncomfortable to watch in a way too.

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. WhoBob WhatPants (#27)

46. Waiting (#46)

45. The Googly Artiste (#46)

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. The Play’s The Thing (#44)

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. The Nitwitting (#30)

37. House Sittin for Sandy (#35)

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. A Pal for Gary (#7 LMAO)

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. Squid's Visit (#25)

30. :thinkegg:

29. Sportz? (#33)

28. :lennythink:

27.  Fungus Among Us (#24)

26. Clash of Triton (#10)

25. You Don’t Know Sponge (#45)

24. The Main Drain (#21)

23. :thinkegg:

22. Someone’s in the Kitchen with Sandy (#11)

21. Face Freeze (#40)

20. :thinkegg:

19. Summer Job (#29)

18. SpongeBob You’re Fired (#5)

17. To Love a Patty (#32)

16. The Splinter (#18)

15. One Coarse Meal (#15)

14. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (#12)

13. Cephalopod Lodge (#39)

12. Shuffleboarding (#37)

11. Trenchbillies (#14)

10. Big Sister Sam (#13)

9. Choir Boys (#4)

8. Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom (#8)

7. Slide Whistle Stooges (#16)

6. :thinkegg:

5. Ink Lmonade (#3)

4. Yours, Mine and Mine (#22)

3. :lennythink:

2. Pet or Pests (#6)

1. :thinkegg:

20/25 32/50

For me, "Choir Boys" is too STUPID and dumb, to really be considered a bad episode, just mediocrity at its WORST! I've said all that I want to say about "Ink Lemonade", and I shall say nothing more on the subject!

25. "Pet or Pests" (#6) 24. ? 23. "The Cent of Money" (#26) 22. ? 21. ? 20. "Demolition Doofus" (#31) 19. "Face Freeze" (#40) 18. "The Clash of Triton" (#10) 17. ? 16. ? 15. "One Coarse Meal" (#15) 14. "Little Yellow Book" (#20) 13. "Someone's In the Kitchen With Sandy" (#11) 12. ? 11. ? 10. "The Splinter" (#18) 9. ? 8. ? 7. ? 6. "A Pal For Gary" (#7) 5. ? 4. "Atlantis Squarepantis" (#34) 3. "Boating Buddies" (#17) 2. ? 1. "Ink Lemonade" (#3)

Enough said, true believers!

Ink Lemonade is an okay horror episode. The humor is not that good but the visuals and creepiness are pretty creative.

Choir Boys I've always strongly disliked. It's beyond boring and very badly written. I would have least have expected an awesome song..

Since we're almost done, I'm just gonna state my opinions on 20-11 for now.

Little Yellow Book; Damn, I thought this would be higher. I loathe this episode, it's annoying and incredibly hypocritical.
Are You Happy Now?: Yeah, this one's awful too. It barely got out of being near the tippy top of my list, mostly because of SpongeBob throughout the episode.
The Splinter: This one never really grossed me out, even when I was younger. But there's tons of noticeable problems besides the grossout anyway.
Boating Buddies: Okay, don't freaking kill me, but I actually kind of like this episode. I like the second half more, I always found the boat chase scene really funny. I don't see it as "sQuIdWaRd ToRtUrE" either, it's just a typical SpongeBob/Squidward story to me.
Slide Whistle Stooges: I would've forgot about this episode honestly if it wasn't for the second half. Again, do NOT kill me, but I've always loved the parts of this episode where Squidward is enjoying himself. The fact that he gets SO into it that he steals a goddamn garbage truck always puts a smile on my face. The ending joke is a little uncomfortable but it doesn't hurt the episode much for me.
One Coarse Meal: Yet another episode where a half of it practically saves it. However, this one less so. I like the first two or so minutes alot, it's a typical but really fun SpongeBob/Krabs/Plankton formula dynamic. I don't hate this episode for the suicide stuff unlike Are You Happy Now, but the second half is still really stupid and every character just turns really annoying. Krabs is going too far, SpongeBob doesn't know how to take sides, and Plankton is Plankton.
Trenchbillies: Eh, don't remember much good in this one, it's just forgettable.
Big Sister Sam: See above.
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful: This one's fine, I actually like that Squilliam gets to lose again.
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: I actually kind of like Sandy's parts in this episode, I don't find it cruel towards her, it's actually kind of amusing how everyone reacts. That being said, SpongeBob and "Not Sandy" (Plankton)'s parts are blehhh.

Threshold this year for Dishonorables was 40 points, a number I probably shouldn't have given out at all. Oh well.

Dishonorable Mentions 2019

63. New Fish in Town, 43 points

2041918957_63.NewFishinTown.jpg.64e0cc40

7 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #7 @BeachBob95) (-4)

62. Good Neighbors, 44 points

871454874_62.GoodNeighbors.jpg.6273c11c7

4 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #5 @4EverGreen) (-18)

61. Restraining SpongeBob, 44 points

518736601_61.RestrainingSpongeBob.jpg.eb

6 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #9 @OWM) (-11)

60. The Sponge Who Could Fly, 46 points

1165417363_60.TheSpongeWhoCouldFly.jpg.fb23d5289b04faa310d15b37296b7451.jpg

3 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #4 @dmandamanAndKnuckles) (NEW)

59. Tentacle-Vision, 46 points

104669819_59.Tentacle-Vision.jpg.4b1bac6352ff09d0bf013f1f9966c19a.jpg

5 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #6 @PEPSI✭MAN) (-25)

58. The Battle of Bikini Bottom, 48 points

46955359_58.TheBattleofBikiniBottom.jpg.77d7e91c327cfd26581043f48da7d04c.jpg

2 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #1 @Cosmix humungosaur) (NEW)

57. Dear Vikings, 52 points

2134417818_57.DearVikings.jpg.20fcb1e59f

6 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #5 @Night-Waker) (NEW)

56. InSPONGEiac, 54 points

422956562_56.InSPONGEiac.jpg.9415508d9915e336ce315ee086e6d129.jpg

3 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #4 @Sweat) (+1)

55. Squirrel Jelly, 54 points

651337291_55.SquirrelJelly.jpg.6674d0ec9931b1fa1ec4459035484569.jpg

3 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #1 @Terminoob™) (NEW)

54. Plankton's Regular, 57 points

149098876_54.PlanktonsRegular.jpg.5c3b31065b4fe0a3c521e4b5af710361.jpg

5 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #5 @Clappy) (-6)

53. Hide and Then What Happens?, 57 points

2082857100_53.HideandThenWhatHappens.jpg

9 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #15 @CakeCup) (NEW)

52. A SquarePants Family Vacation, 60 points

1888025571_52.ASquarePantsFamilyVacation.jpg.079e96b61467c4528a9c6e772ffb27b4.jpg

4 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank 2 #6's @The Helpful Mexican @MarcoGagFanatic) (NEW)

51. Doodle Dimension, 60 points

882333375_51.DoodleDimension.jpg.1ced6b3cdcba590ac7057350be40a932.jpg

5 out of 41 lists (Highest Rank #3 @Terminoob™) (NEW)

Well that's all of them. Better luck next time for these episodes! They may show up in 2021's list. Get ready for our final two episodes tomorrow!

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
  • God Himself 3