• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever! (20 Years Edition)

OWM

while I don't think the fishbowl's end was that horrid, I can agree that it was very idiotic and it removes any significant development of Sandy and Patrick. The episode imo had so much potential with that concept and I like Sandy being flawed but the storyline did nothing to make me invested in Sandy's side nor SpongeBob and Patrick's situation which was yet another pointless and dumbass fight they have had. Patrick was definitely an asshat and yes, part of the fault was because Sandy manipulated him but that was no excuse for him to act shitty and when he owned up to his mistake, he later dumped it all on science, which was a slap in the face. I almost had fishbowl on my list but eventually I had to drop it. Still the episode was really boring and tedious.

I honestly can't hate Pineapple Fever at all. It's one of my personal guilty pleasures due to it being really insane and over the top. Yeah, it's slow but also a really intense mindfuckery with Squidward and SpongeBob/Patrick. I loved them slowly losing their minds and acting like animals and there were some really bad jokes that I enjoyed for whatever reason. I felt like this was rather a parody of annoy squidward episodes and yet it was somehow ironically fun to me.

• Like 3

FisH Bowl

" Yeah, I think Fa saidd it the best, it kind of dull, come off in nowhere, so it wasn't that great episode IMO " lol shut up me, this episode i honestly rewatched it was good enough to like it i mean yeah it's weakest, but there are some running gag made me laugh, even tho this is weakest I would say 8/10

Pineapple Fever

While i still hated it, it just BORED me so much like SB & Patrick acting like this is silly game of it. I really didn't like it this whole it's forgettable to me IMO but otherwise, it's meth overall.

• Like 1

FishBowl.

I personally like this episode, not one of the strongest 9b outings, but it's enjoyable to watch for me. It's hard to explain to actually why I enjoy it, but somehow Squidward wanting ice-cream makes me chuckle and Sandy examining SpongeBob's and Patrick's behavior is really interesting to watch for me. Patrick was an ass, but it wasn't wasn't his worst portrayal, besides, SpongeBob could stand up for himself this time so I didn't really mind it.

Pineapple Fever.

welp it's bad

Lots of slow and going nowhere gags, lack of any kind of focus... SpongeBob, Pat and Squdiward going crazy didn't felt earned since it was pretty abrupt. They were normal seconds ago then presto, they behave like wild animals for some reason. I will give this episode credit, it has atmosphere that I kinda like, one SpongeBob expression is sorta amusing and concept of the episode, while not the most original idea, had some potential to be executed well. So I guess, while this is episode is bad, there's tons of episode, from season 6 alone, which were much worse.

Edited by Klu

thoughts on episodes

pineapple fever: rating 10\10

5 good scenes

drinking hot tea

patrick not getting how to solve the puzzle

squidward falling out of the house

you may not cross the line

squidward eating snail food

any bad scenes

none

fishbowl ratings 

fishbowl good scenes

squidward and icecream

thats our line

fishbowl worst things

the ending

sandy

patrick

episodes on my bottom 25 that are on the worst list

5 the fishbowl

episodes in my top 25 that are on the worst list

3 pineapple fever

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • God Himself 2

The Fishbowl isn't bottom 50 for me, but man it was really wasted potential. I remembered being really excited by this episode but in execution it's just a dull experience with pretty lackluster characterization. With that said the beginning had a couple of jokes I liked such as SB and Pat being camera shy.

Pineapple Fever is just a plain bad episode to me. Not something I would put in my list but bad enough to where I wouldn't defend it. It's too drawn-out and the jokes get really cheesy, and after awhile it's a draining experience to get through.

• Like 1

I don't get the hate for this episode at all I though Squidward's behavior was funny and Patrick was a jerk but I think it's redeemable at the end

Spoiler

The Fishbowl is alright for me. It still has more life in it than all of 9a. The episode has the benefit of good animation and a couple funny jokes, and I didn't really mind Patrick in the episode given the scenario the episode was trying. However, the bus scene with Sandy was really obnoxious and the episode does have lame scenes like the sand counting scene and zany Squidward, but I can't really dislike it. 

Pineapple Fever is probably unironically pretty awful, but it is probably one of the few "so bad it's good" eps for me. It feels like a parody of how dumb these s6 episodes are, and it has epicness like the hot cocoa joke and it isn't as obnoxious as stuff like Boating Buddies. Wouldn't make my bottom 50 either.

Spoiler

At least one of tomorrows eps will make me happy

Edited by hippythehippo

The Fishbowl: Didn't bother me as much. It's just kind of boring. I actually really like the idea though, it's an okay one.

Pineapple Fever: Damn, I actually find this one really funny. Even the dark seasons have unironically stupid but funny episodes in my opinion.

• Like 1

#50 is an okay episode, albeit a little irritating. Still don't get the hatred sometimes.

#49 is a supremely awful, annoying-as-shit episode, though. It's ugly, every acts like an idiot in it. It's no fun at all, and made it decently high on my bottom 25.

The Fish Bowl: OMG THIS MADE THE LIST AFTER ALL? This reminds me of when Trenchbillies urned out to be on the list after all last year, as I had assumed it wouldn’t have had enough. While this episode didn’t make my list, I do consider it bottom 50, because this episode is just boring for the most part, but has a few things that drag it from meh to bad. Squidward going so insane over ice cream felt OOC, and the ending where Patrick blames his wrongdoings on science and then is perfectly fine with trapping Squidward in a cage is stupid.

Pineapple Fever: lol idk

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. :thinkegg:

46. :thinkegg:

45. :thinkegg:

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. :thinkegg:

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. :thinkegg:

37. :thinkegg:

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. :thinkegg:

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. :thinkegg:

30. :thinkegg:

29. :thinkegg:

28. :lennythink:

27. :thinkegg:

26. :thinkegg:

25. :thinkegg:

24. :thinkegg:

23. :thinkegg:

22. :thinkegg:

21. :thinkegg:

20. :thinkegg:

19. :thinkegg:

18. :thinkegg:

17. :thinkegg:

16. :thinkegg:

15. :thinkegg:

14. :thinkegg:

13. :thinkegg:

12. :thinkegg:

11. :thinkegg:

10. :thinkegg:

9. :thinkegg:

8. :thinkegg:

7. :thinkegg:

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. :thinkegg:

3. :lennythink:

2. :thinkegg:

1. :thinkegg:

"The Fish Bowl", had potential to be a really great episode, but didn't utilize the premise very well. / "Pineapple Fever" Probably could've made my list if I had been asked to submit more choices. / Enough said, for now.

Completely forgot The Fish Bowl existed; very unmemorable ep (really only memorable for reasons that aren't that great in my mind). Pineapple Fever is an episode that exists. That is all.

I should also mention despite these eps both being lackluster, neither made it on my bottom 25.

Hmm, both were pretty funny to me. However, Fish Bowl was kind of annoying at times (with Sandy and Squidward being annoying lolwut).

PF just grew on me. Yes, it's very stupid, but it's supposed to be, and I think it's funny now, despite SpongeBob and Patrick being out of character and ugly sometimes. But yeah, kind of got used to that in those years. Also, the ending was just so bad that it was pretty good.

• Like 1

Gone: Overhated. In all honesty, I like the atmosphere and the general idea of the episode. My only gripes are with how they could've done more with the premise (as such it's somewhat boring until probably the second half or so) and they could've improved the ending a fair bit. Other than those, it's still a fair 6/10 in my opinion.
also no patrick day is one of the funniest moments of season 6 prove me wrong

Squidward's School for Grown-Ups: This episode just exists. That's literally all there is to say. The only thing I can comment on is the beginning, which is one of the most awful of the whole show, but even then the rest of the episode doesn't keep it up in the trash department due to how utterly mediocre it is. I don't think this made my bottom 50 but it might be in my bottom 100.

• Thanks 1

Gone: tbh, I find this one ok. Most of the episode, in fact, is even great to me. I love instances of insanity in shows, and this is no exception. The loneliness getting to Spongebob, causing Spongebob to befriend a car, and later making him go even more insane by thinking the car is after him (which it may be; the episode never says) is really entertaining and has an awesome creepy atmosphere that I love. The reason why it’s just ok is because of the terrible ending, however. Having the bikini bottomites make a “day” (really weeks) dedicated to hating spongebob, including burning a statue of him to the ground and dancing on the ashes, was just horrible and about the worst way to end the episode. Spongebib did nothing to deserve this and it makes no sense for most of bikini bottom, espicially Patrick, to do this. It becomes even worse when Spongebob just does the same thing to Patrick anyway, as it makes Spongebob just as bad as the rest of them, and only gives comuppance to one of the many characters who deserve it. 

I think this episode would’ve worked better as a special, because it didn’t really have enough time to make a good ending. With extra length, they could’ve done even more with the car stuff, and make an actually good ending, where the cars are indeed evil and did something to the bikini bottomites and SpongeBob has to save them.

Squidward’s School for Grown-Ups: This is a good episode and I really don’t understand how anyone could ever think this is bottom 25. The only problem really is that its a bit sterotypical, but theres so many great things with this. The story is amazing, its very funny, Patrick’s characterization here is amazing, the song is great, and it has great atmosphere.

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. :thinkegg:

46. :thinkegg:

45. :thinkegg:

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. :thinkegg:

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. :thinkegg:

37. :thinkegg:

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. :thinkegg:

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. :thinkegg:

30. :thinkegg:

29. :thinkegg:

28. :lennythink:

27. :thinkegg:

26. :thinkegg:

25. :thinkegg:

24. :thinkegg:

23. :thinkegg:

22. :thinkegg:

21. :thinkegg:

20. :thinkegg:

19. :thinkegg:

18. :thinkegg:

17. :thinkegg:

16. :thinkegg:

15. :thinkegg:

14. :thinkegg:

13. :thinkegg:

12. :thinkegg:

11. :thinkegg:

10. :thinkegg:

9. :thinkegg:

8. :thinkegg:

7. :thinkegg:

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. :thinkegg:

3. :lennythink:

2. :thinkegg:

1. :thinkegg:

I love episodes that show off SpongeBob as different than just a fully happy go lucky guy such as CYSAD so I really like his descent into madness in Gone. While I think it's just a copout and leave it at that before it really bothers me, given that just yesterday I had Fishbowl on mostly for the ending, I can understand one being bad enough to tank an entire episode so even though I wanna disagree, I of all people shouldn't :p

Grownups I will flat out not get "hate" for outside of the opening scene with the pointless yelling, besides that it's just dull like most season 8 episodes and targeting it in particular the past year or so on here and in discord never made sense to me, so I'll at least take it being low as some sort of victory and it does make things really interesting my own opinions regardless given how often it gets brought up, figured it ramping up this year compared to last would've gotten it higher but it seems like the high list submissions countered that, and it somehow only got 3 more points than last year too. Guess someone with it higher up didn't have it this year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PEPSI✭MAN said:

I love episodes that show off SpongeBob as different than just a fully happy go lucky guy such as CYSAD so I really like his descent into madness in Gone. While I think it's just a copout and leave it at that before it really bothers me, given that just yesterday I had Fishbowl on mostly for the ending, I can understand one being bad enough to tank an entire episode so even though I wanna disagree, I of all people shouldn't :p

Grownups I will flat out not get "hate" for outside of the opening scene with the pointless yelling, besides that it's just dull like most season 8 episodes and targeting it in particular the past year or so on here and in discord never made sense to me, so I'll at least take it being low as some sort of victory and it does make things really interesting my own opinions regardless given how often it gets brought up, figured it ramping up this year compared to last would've gotten it higher but it seems like the high list submissions countered that, and it somehow only got 3 more points than last year too. Guess someone with it higher up didn't have it this year.

Slug lowered it. I think Wendy, who didn’t submit this year, had it on his list as well.

I have talked enough on Gone already but I'll put it shortly. I really really really despise the ending because it's against at everything the show stands for. For a show that is supposed to be about SpongeBob's being a wholesome character that people love and respect, all of Bikini Bottomies leaving SpongeBob to be lonely and insane for weeks is insulting, cynical and it makes no sense whatsoever and I hate that SpongeBob accepted this whole concept because that whole day was all about him, even though everyone was shitting on him. Just a really bad end that ruined the flow of the episode and eventually became my #1 worst episode.

I used to really hate Squidward's School for Grownups because that was literally popular to be a disliked s8 episode. However my hatred died down and I just found the whole thing to be dull. Boat screaming was awful but that was the only awful thing about it. I liked the opera scene and Plankton's cameo but rest was rather mediocre.