• Advertisement

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Jinjo

8 hours ago, SOF? said:

palpatine is coming back???

Also, the trailer looks cool.

Actually, that DOES have some merit in the "Star Wars" canon! o.o In the original "Star Wars" canon (before Disney bought it), Emperor Palpatine was "Crazy Prepared", and actually anticipated the fact that he MIGHT be killed, so he had himself cloned (the same way Jango Fett did for the original Clone Troopers). So, I'm guessing that they are going to be bringing THIS aspect of the original "Star Wars" canon, back into the NEW "Star Wars" canon! :cool: It's going to be sad, seeing Carrie Fisher in this film, it will be the last original footage of her. Also, HOORAY for Billy Dee Williams coming back! :D It will be interesting to see how the "Star Wars" saga finally gets all wrapped up. December 20th can't come soon enough! Enough said! ;)

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Actually, that DOES have some merit in the "Star Wars" canon! o.o In the original "Star Wars" canon (before Disney bought it), Emperor Palpatine was "Crazy Prepared", and actually anticipated the fact that he MIGHT be killed, so he had himself cloned (the same way Jango Fett did for the original Clone Troopers). So, I'm guessing that they are going to be bringing THIS aspect of the original "Star Wars" canon, back into the NEW "Star Wars" canon! :cool: It's going to be sad, seeing Carrie Fisher in this film, it will be the last original footage of her. Also, HOORAY for Billy Dee Williams coming back! :D It will be interesting to see how the "Star Wars" saga finally gets all wrapped up. December 20th can't come soon enough! Enough said! ;)

clone sheev is a shit shit shit idea. ghost sheev >>>

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

more plausible than ghost sheev tbh

ghosts are already a thing in SW universe and clones of sheev is just a dumb and unnecessary premise.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, The Drifter said:

Is that really Sheev at the end? Wow I dont know what to feel.

Sounding like a yes:

jnCkXM3.jpg

And for those wondering how this could be possible without cloning (since I don't think they want to repeat the most hated old EU storyline): In the new canon, they had a story in the Vader comics where an old Sith Lord bound his soul to a mask, which allowed him to survive into the future. Maybe they're doing something similar here (granted if they do it will just be confusing to the normies who don't read the EU but w/e). Also as I said on the Discord, I feel like this honestly could just be a bait and switch and not amount to anything more than a cameo knowing Abrams. You can clearly see the Death Star 2 wreckage in that teaser, so maybe they come briefly across his soul there where he is trapped, but I don't know if it'll have a major impact outside of some fanservice. We'll see I guess.

• Like 3

Have never watched a minute of Star Wars, but I saw the trailer for this today while scrolling through Instagram, and I just have to say, the scene of the girl (with a ligh saber in hand) back-flipping over a coming spaceship was litty. Almost makes me wanna watch, lol. 

• Confused 1

So for those not in the know, this film's plot leaked several months ago and with the early premiere reactions, everything has been confirmed. Sadly, this film is looking like as much of a clusterfuck as I expected it to be. Looks like JJ caved to The Last Jedi haters in several areas, because some of the decisions in this movie...oh boy, it's going to be an uphill battle for me, and I say this as someone who usually isn't hard to please when it comes to Star Wars. I'll only share one spoiler below that is bound to be controversial:

Spoiler

Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter. I really am annoyed we couldn't just leave her as a nobody, but alas.

I had time prior to accept a lot of what's going to happen in this film, so I've set my expectations accordingly at least. In the most surprising twist though, it looks like even several critics are actually disappointed:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-12-18/star-wars-review-the-rise-of-skywalker-last-jedi

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/18/review-disney-and-lucasfilms-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-is-a-terrible-end-to-the-skywalker-saga 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-may-give-fans-what-they-want-but-not-what-the-story-needs/2019/12/18/14dcd25a-1eb4-11ea-87f7-f2e91143c60d_story.html

I'll be seeing the film this weekend, and I am going to have a lot to say. Stay tuned for my own review.

• Like 1

I'm mad at seeing the leaks because most of stuff happenning in the movie looks so goddamn awful that makes me wanna rewatch The Last Jedi just to see how good it was.

Spoiler

THEY MADE TWO WHITE STRAIGHT HERO/VILLAIN PAIR KISSED WHILE TWO INTERRACIAL MALES AREN'T A COUPLE BECAUSE WE DARE FOR TWO GUYS WITH ACTUAL CHEMISTRY TO BE NOT GAYS IN MUH STAR WARS.

I'm just...so pissed off right now. I'll see this movie because I'm still a Star Wars fan but let me tell you I'll hate so much of this clusterfuck.

• Sad 1