• Advertisement

Did Mr. Krabs replace Sandy in season 3?

BeachBob95

I noticed that for some reason Sandy was hardly used in season 3, while having plenty of episodes in seasons 1 and 2 (both at least 4 episodes where she was a main character).

Her only main appearance in season 3 was in I Had an Accident, and she appeared as a supporting character in No Weenies Allowed and MM&BB V. Also, in season 3, her treedome was shown just once and very briefly in Pranks a Lot.

It is interesting that season 3 gave Mr. Krabs significantly more episodes than the usual one or two in previous seasons. It's like he replaced Sandy from this point on in the series. Why do you think this is? Did they not know what to do with her anymore?

Edited by BeachBob95

I think it's logical that the writers were running low on ideas for what more story potential they could give to Sandy. While Mr. Krabs had significantly more screen-time in S3, so did Plankton, also worth noting. And similar to Sandy having less screen-time in S3, Plankton played a small part in S2 as a whole.

12 minutes ago, The Guy in the Sweater said:

I think it's logical that the writers were running low on ideas for what more story potential they could give to Sandy. While Mr. Krabs had significantly more screen-time in S3, so did Plankton, also worth noting. And similar to Sandy having less screen-time in S3, Plankton played a small part in S2 as a whole.

I don't think Plankton had a much bigger role in season 3 than in season 2. Given that he is a major character in three season 2 episodes (Imitation Krabs, Welcome to the Chum Bucket and Fry Cook Games) and only two season 3 episodes (TAAG & Plankton's Army).

Sandy's story potential used to be mostly about competing with SpongeBob, and I'm my opinion they could have gone a little further with that. After season 3 she just became the 'inventor' for a long time.