• Advertisement

New Cartoon Network Show, Victor and Valentino!

4EverGreen

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-victor-and-valentino-debut-20190221-story.html#nt=related-content

From what I read in the story, it kind of looks like it will be an imitation version of "Gravity Falls"...which is honestly not a BAD thing, compared to SOME of the cartoons that Cartoon Network has been trying to pass off as entertainment *cough*"Teen Titans Go"*cough*. So, I'll probably check it out once it debuts, and this topic can be used to discuss this show once it debuts. Enough said!

you gravity falls fans and assuming anything involving a mystery or the supernatural is an imitation of gravity falls, like my boi Rebeltaxi said:

"If anything, Gravity Falls is the modern day Morville Mysteries. How do you like that, asshole?"

anyway, I'm kind of curious to check this out. It looks like it has potential, but I'm a bit turned away with the same generic artstyle that's used with every single CN original now, though it does have SOME nice art to it, like with the supernatural creature. Plus, awesome peeps like Zach Bellissimo are working on it, so I'll give it a spin.

also it's 2019 and people are still hating on teen titans go, can we all shut up about it and talk about something else for once? This is why I'm that one cartoon weirdo who just sits and watches wunschpunsch and not interact with much people in the community 

For some people, this will be one of the saving graces for the network. For me, this might be just another good quality series on a network that I don't think is currently living in black days. In other words, I'm sold for this. I have hopes that this new series will be good.

Also, while we're still on the topic of TTG being treated like a punching bag, I'm not going to repeat myself as much. It has gotten old. Just look at Johnny Test. It has gotten this similar amount of vitriol ages ago until it got officially cancelled, which is why we all shut up about it since, but even if that series was still treated like a regular internet punching bag in this timeframe, I would've chimed in on how it has gotten old too. Also, keep in mind, the "OG" Teen Titans animated series, back when it was still fresh, had received backlash from old time fans of the comics for some of the similar reasons as to why fans of the original series still rag on TTG. I could name something worth ragging on more than TTG these days, but clearly, I'm not above all throwing shade at a CARTOON. Mini-rant done.

Edited by The Guy in the Sweater

I'll admit it does have a similar premise to Gravity Falls (only biggest difference is the main characters not being twins)  But I'm interested so I think I'll check it out.

And btw Steel, just because dumping on TTG like it's the worst thing ever created has run its course, it doesn't mean that some of us can't express our dislike for it now and then. While I still don't like it and think it's the worst thing ever created, I won't go into detail why because I think everything has been said up to this point. We don't need to go on mini rants about it, but nothing wrong with say that this Victor and Valentino show will probably be more entertaining that the entertainment CN calls Teen Titans Go.

I can't argue with disliking TTG in general. TTG has almost always had this stigma where it's constantly brought up to point out modern CN's flaws. I can absolutely see why it's treated like the epitome of everything wrong with the network, I just don't feel that same way. I've already pointed out having gotten tired of it, but I could also name a couple of shows that I find to be worse examples of CN's current programming yet they don't get the same amount of vitriol, namely the respective 2016 reboots for PPG and Ben 10.

I'll drop the talk for that series now. It's like I should say, if I don't want people to bring so much of their attention towards TTG, then I'm better off not talking about it myself. it's very discerning to think that nowadays virtually everyone can't discuss anything CN-related without bringing up TTG at least once.