• Advertisement

SpongeBob Spin-Offs officially in the works

Jjs Goodman

Ĭ̷̧̽̍̌ ̶͍̞͕̺̪̒̏̚͝T̴̩̟̐̿̈́͘H̵̟͝Ì̵̛͚͚͍̟N̶̬̪͆́K̴͎͈̯͍̙̼̝̏͜ ̷̡̢̨̢̠͚̅̊͆̓Ṯ̷̟͖̞̄́̄̔H̶̨̫̪̦͓͙̅͠E̴̡̧̢͇̹̩͇͇͋̈ ̶͈̪̾̒̈́͊̀̓̚F̶̢͇̦̯̰̤͛̅̊A̸͉͛͒̋͌̓N̵̢̝͋̃̍̓̓̚͘S̴̢͎̦̺̮͚̀̌̿̆̓͌̍ ̵̹͔͛͛̒͊̊͘Ä̷̡̘̤̝́Ŗ̴̤͍̥̣̤̬̯̽̅̊̽́̔Ė̵̛̬͓̯̭͈͎͍͑ ̸̪̈́C̶̹͙͙͇̏̀̏L̶̖̳̗̤͍̟͚̞̋͌A̸͎̰̫̳̍̃̒̂͌͝͠M̸̬͑͋̏Ǭ̸̢̗̊R̶̢͔͈͈͇̥̭͔̊̿̊̋̕͘I̷̭͕͓̻͒͆́̐͌͗͠ͅN̸̢̎̀̽̋̏͒Ǵ̴͈͓̼̝̰͈ ̷̲̬̈͘F̴̹̪̹̮̖̯͒͑̅͋̏Ǫ̵̠̱̞̮͍̈́̀͊́̔̕ͅͅR̸̙̪͖̳͑̉͌̑̽ ̵͉̫̩͊̏̊͒̾͠I̴̡̝̤̤̪̩͊̿̍́T̶͍͍̤̐

also I low key wanna be on SpongeBob Smarty Pants Game Show for the lulz

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

The second spin-off project has been revealed:

This Squidward spin-off will be exclusive to Netflix. I'll wait until we have more information before making its own thread like with Kamp Koral.

Is it sad to say that I'm looking more forward to the Squidward spin-off than "Kamp Koral"? At least it probably HAS a chance of actually HAVING some original content and ideas. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Thanks 1

I would be happy but the fact is, if Squidward is written like pure shit on the regular series, I think it’ll just be more of the same with the spinoff. Really sucks because you can make something cool out of Squidward and develop him and his spinoff into pure artistry... but it probably won’t even with the cool music-based idea. But whatever, we’ll see I guess but I am very cautious.

jokingly... squnschpunsch or bust [2]

I'd love a Squidward spin-off, particularly a prequel series (Believe it or not, even though I loathe the concept of Kamp Koral), it'd be interesting to see Squidward in his high school days with Squilliam, etc.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this spinoff is terrible, considering its conception derives from prosperity of a franchise, rather than a genuine artistic drive.

Anything is better than Kamp Koral and Squidward is my fav character, but can he even hold a show? The purpose of his character is being the Straight Man to SpongeBob, so I'm curious as to how they would make it work since spin-offs staring secondary characters rarely work.

13 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

Anything is better than Kamp Koral and Squidward is my fav character, but can he even hold a show? The purpose of his character is being the Straight Man to SpongeBob, so I'm curious as to how they would make it work since spin-offs staring secondary characters rarely work.

Again, you need lots of talent and understanding of Squidward as a character for it to work. You might also have to alter his character a bit while still make Squidward himself. The show can’t even do that since the ”straightman” currently who acts like a raving lunatic.

Spin-off movies are now confirmed and coming soon:

“Bakish said ViacomCBS is producing two feature-length “SpongeBob” spin-off movies for Netflix”

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/its-a-spongebob-squarepants-vision-at-viacomcbs/

No further information available so I won't make separate threads yet.

Going to update the first post with a guide of every spin-off project we know of so far.