• Advertisement

244a. The Krusty Slammer

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Slammers: Finally, the Krusty Krab is back to being a regular old money making restaurant!
    • 4/5 Slammers: Pencil me in for a 3:30 massage, SpongeBob!
    • 3/5 Slammers: You're going in...the hole.
    • 2/5 Slammers: I've been a prisoner here for years...
    • 1/5 Slammers: You're under arrest!

Mr. Krabs, I don’t think turning your highly successful restaurant into a prison would be the best decision. I mean, look at you, you’re running the best food establishment under the Bikini Atoll, people literally WORSHIP your food for chrissake, and you’re going to give that all up just so you can temporarily have your greatest nemesis under your watch and possible torture? Again?

I’ve seen you pinch pennies, I’ve seen you manufacture fake news, I’ve seen you make people pay for footsteps, and I’ve even see you fire your only good employee just for a couple of cents. But this? This isn’t damaging just to Plankton, but to yourself and your entire business as well. Are you really that shortsighted that you can’t see how stupid of a decision this is? Think before you leap, Krabs. Or I swear upon Satan himself that you will regret it.

Sincerely, D. B.

Edited by dmandaman
  • God Himself 5

This episode was pretty great! It wasn't amazing of course, but this episode is clearly the best out of s12 so far. I liked atmosphere, really enjoyed comedy and visual gags (faces are priceless as always) and ending was pretty funny too even if a bit predictible. I will probably lower this rating later, after a few re-watches, but I legit liked this episode THAT MUCH.

9/10

This episode is without a doubt the best episode of the season so far. I think at this point most people can see that the show's obsessed with jail and we've had many jail themed episodes over the years (Doing Time, Krusty Road, The Inmates of Summer, Jailbreak, Call the Cops) and surprisingly each episode feels refresh and even if they aren't great, they are still solid enough episodes. This was no exception. Turning Krusty Krab into a prison and later a prison themed restaurant was a cool concept that was used so well. I liked the humor in this. Red Handed joke, bowling joke, the trap Krabs set up to capture Plankton, prisoners enjoying their time because of SpongeBob, one of prisoners acting like a baby, the whole end with Plankton punishing Krabs etc. I gotta say I also enjoyed the plot. Mr. Krabs actually got what he deserved for being greedy and Plankton being the one to punish him was a great closure. Even if Plankton did commit a crime, how Mr. Krabs treated Plankton was jerky, so it makes sense. I liked how SpongeBob comforted the prisoners, even if they didn't deserve it. I also loved that they brought back some of characters from Jailbreak, criminals from The Getaway and Tattletale Strangler. Fanservice is either good or forced but this one made sense and I was glad for return of these characters. I didn't love every aspect of the episode like the whole Plankton being hit by the chained ball and the episode could have been funnier. Regardless, I enjoyed this one.

Grade: B+

• Like 3

Finally Season 12 gives some good content out there.Basically,that’s how Call the Cops should’ve been,idea of non jail building begin a part of jail was done before in Gumball to say at least,but SpongeBob’s version is still enjoyable at it’s own way.At first episode seems like it’s has no real goal or plot,but there still some development and twists that are connected all of happened here so not a big deal.Humor is fairly decent,I like slapstick with Plankton’s punishments and Krabs’ as well.Prisoners’ is also a really comedic characters here,and speaking of prisoners,all of ester eggs with criminal characters from earlier episodes are pretty interesting and fitting for episode.And if I mentioned better version of Call the Cops,THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT PLANKTON IN THIS EPISODE IS SMART ENOUGH TO JUMP OVER LATTICE WHY IN CALL THE COPS HE JUST IGNORED THAT UNTIL 6 MINUTE OF EPISODE.Also there poped out one really great aspect,even though the climax of episode is that Krabs became greedy in episode as an old cliche of show,with situation with prisoners it’s works really well and not annoying at all,so it’s a big proc for Made this characterization not only tolerable,but entertaining.

So yeah,it’s a solid,fun sized episode where honestly I can’t really say anything bad besides one nitpick:

Spoiler

there some really odd animation mistakes with Fred,in pretty much every scene he just changed his place in episode just because,in one frame he is a customer,in other prisoner,I know that it’s a very little thing but damn Fred is so used in show now that it’s not responsible to see how much nobody care about him here.

But I still enjoyed Ktusty Slammer and recommend it for anyone who looking for a silly fun.

Rating:

CD5E977522394AB7844C.jpeg

• Like 2

I thought it was a really funny episode. I liked all the close-ups of all the criminals was really entertaining and it was cool seeing the Strangler and the two getaway drivers again. The prison themed restaurant excuse was funny and the prisoners taking a liking to SpongeBob was pretty neat. The ending of Mr. Krabs getting comeuppance for torturing Plankton in jail was amusing. Course each of them kinda deserved the torture they got what with Plankton tagging Bikini Bottom and Mr. Krabs releasing prisoners. I think this episode was the best out of the three.

Another overdue statement from yours truly, I'm actually surprised that this exact plot hasn't been done before. Even though it's another jail-based plot, it feels refreshingly new and interesting. Mr. Krabs turning his restaurant into a prison in order to get more money, does seem to be perfectly within character for him to do. Not to mention, he got to punish Plankton while he was doing it. All in all, this episode feels like "Call the Cops" done RIGHT! :cool: Plus, bringing back some characters not seen since "Spongebob Meets the Strangler; The Getaway;" and "Jailbreak!"; certainly helps out matters a lot. Plus, it was refreshing to see Mr. Krabs getting laser-guided karma for releasing his prisoners too early, and for his earlier mistreatment of Plankton. All in all, I'd give this episode segment a 10/10. Enough said, true believers! ;)

• God Himself 1

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I found this episode to be not funny, like, AT ALL, all the visual gags people mentioned are just interesting to me, which is just kinda strange but I still like this episode, cause even though I found it to be not funny, it just so amusing to me, kinda like the episode new dig, where everyone found it to be funny while I found it to be anything good but funny.

7/10