• Advertisement

243b. The Ballad of Filthy Muck

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Muck: Alright, you can stay if you clean up your act.
    • 4/5 Muck: I'm going to call you Filthy Muck!
    • 3/5 Muck: Oh, the poor repulsive pile of sludge...
    • 2/5 Muck: And don't come back until you clean up your act!
    • 1/5 Muck: How unsavory.

1loMcLm.png

Premieres: 

Sunday, January 20th @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

Patrick takes his grime to a new extreme, playing around in so much trash that he becomes unrecognizable.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Wow 2

I thought this episode was a lot better than "The Nitwitting", though I kinda prefer SpongeBob being the neat freak compared to Patrick being the pig pen, it was nice that SpongeBob wanted to stand by his friend. Though I did like the twist of Patrick not being the Filthy Muck, though did kinda see it coming in the middle after realizing that "Patrick" hadn't said a word the whole time SpongeBob was with him. It was funny to see that tourist again and Old Man Jenkins was funny throughout the whole thing, especially at the end. All in all, a pretty good episode, not great but not bad.

• Like 1

I thought this episode is surprisingly not bad at all. I did like the gags as well. I also liked seeing some of character brought back, but is it me or this episode did give me s5 vibe to it? I don't know I couldn't help this also reminds me of Something Smells, too. The song is somewhat good. Even the twist ending was godly. OMJ has funninest parts to this episode, and i laughed some scene from it.

Overall, it's not that bad to me, but at least this is good Patrick episode in s12 from me.

Final Grade: B+

• Like 1

Okay, not gonna lie... I kind of liked this episode. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't AMAZING or anything, but... I enjoyed watchin it. It wasn't gross as some promos suggested, it has good comedy, it wasn't hyper and pretty clear structure, even if plot is really thin. Patrick was written surprisingly good by Kaz's standards, he wasn't annoying and got few good laughs. I like SpongeBob's characterization as well, I like how he was supportive of his friend. Plot-twist was legit godly and made sense, cameos of Rube with signature "Tidal Zone" music was great touch and call-back. I liked "Filthy Muck" song as well. My only complaints is that some scenes in the middle were kind of boring and lame. But overall, pretty nice episode, difinite improvment over Nitwitting.

6/10.

• Like 2

I can't even believe that I actually found enjoyment out of this. This had no chance to work. The concept that gross is the seed for a bad episode but it worked. I guess why it worked is that it didn't gross me out. Yeah, SpongeBob and Filthy Muck were covered in garbage but it was cartoony way of it, instead of more realistic and close up approach. The episode had an actual plot and I liked SpongeBob enjoying time with Filthy Muck. It was fun and cute. I didn't exactly like the smell jokes cuz they were so easy but the episode had other gags to balance it out. Tiny Krabs, pet independency gag, fire in torches gone due to car was etc. I liked the whole Filthy Muck song, the pacing was so fluid and the whole twist of Filthy Muck being its own entity and not Patrick was such an outstanding twist, albeit it does question me. Why would Patrick decide to take a shower just after Mr. Krabs told him no Krabby Patties If he stayed stinky when we've seen Patrick trying to get dirty after Mr. Krabs kicked him out? Maybe Patrick decided to take a shower after he went to dumpster? Idk, the twist was great but that could have been explained better. The episode wasn't great however. Like I said, smell gags were easy going and idk the plot itself wasn't all that interesting to me. I'm all for simplistic episodes but the episode wasn't that funny either. Still this episode managed to be a cutesy fun episode with some decent gags.

Grade: B

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dmandaman said:

Yeah, really. I haven't seen BoFM as of yet but now I kind of want to after seeing a few of these reviews.

don't expect masterpiece, but imo, it was entertaining enough.