• Advertisement

Bunsen is a Beast

Steel Sponge

Butch Hartman's newest series, officially premiering somewhere in February, featuring Lewbert as the voice of Bunsen. Like with the Fairly OddParents as of recent, it is also Butch's foray into producing/creating animated shows made in Adobe Flash. I will watch this out of my own curiosity, but I don't have any expectations for this to be anything spectacular.

So far from what I've seen, I do like how varied the art style is compared to Butch Hartman's other shows.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Honestly, every time I see the title, it makes me think the name of the show is "Benson is a Beast". As in Benson from Regular Show. :P

Anyways, I might check this show out some time. I think there's a full episode online or something.

also wow I didn't know that lewbert was in this

Since this has the same writing staff as FOP S10, I'm not really expecting much quality from it. Like others have said before, Steve Marmel was pretty much a key reason in why early FOP and Danny Phantom's first two seasons were pretty good. Butch's stuff since then without him has been...well, yeah. I suppose it might end up being slightly better than modern FOP, but that's not really saying much in the grand, twisted scheme of things.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 8

tbh I'm not such a fan of the animation. Not sure if it's flash or not but movements of the characters kind of remind me of flash in new fop. I have no hope for this whatsoever. The premise sounds too much like My Gym Parther is a Monkey and it has modern FOP crew, so I won't check this out at all. :/

I just watched the sneak peak of this new show, it premiered after the new "Spongebob." This show is all right, and interesting. It's definitely FUNNIER than the last THREE seasons of "The Fairly Oddparents," and that's just from ONE episode! I expect for it to do a decent job, and HOPE that it doesn't get cancelled TOO soon, like they did with "TUFF Puppy." Here's hoping that this is the face of things to come! :D Enough said! ;)

• Like 1

I've watched more episodes of it (since it airs right after the new Loud House episodes) and I still find it to be alright. It's still nothing special, but it's definitely better than what the Fairly Oddparents is right now. Speaking of which, I watched that crossover it had and I admit it was actually pretty entertaining, probably cuz there was no Chloe and I liked the interactions between Crocker and Amanda. I willing to give this show more of a chance and so far there seems to be hope.

• Like 2

I'm not going to lie, I've watched a few episodes of this show and I really like it. Sure, it doesn't have the most creative plot in the world, but I can appreciate it for it trying to do something. I really like the Bunsen character, he's like an alien version of Pinkie Pie. And he's also really cute <3

• Like 1

So, Nickelodeon is already done with this. Bunsen is a Beast is now currently airing new episodes on Nicktoons and it only lasted like 10 months on the main network. The main network didn't even ignore it for a long period of time before making the decision to give it to Nicktoons (which is usually a part of their usual principle), they just pulled a John Wilkes Booth on it and now it's on Nicktoons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Cousin Mel said:

So, Nickelodeon is already done with this. Bunsen is a Beast is now currently airing new episodes on Nicktoons and it only lasted like 10 months on the main network. The main network didn't even ignore it for a long period of time before making the decision to give it to Nicktoons (which is usually a part of their usual principle), they just pulled a John Wilkes Booth on it and now it's on Nicktoons.

NICK IS WINNING THE BATTLE OF THE NETWORKS

2 hours ago, Clappy said:

What a prediction, Mark.

Yep, Nickelodeon doesn't have any respect for animation anymore. It's all just SpongeBob, Loud House and live-action stuff. Tbh I couldn't care less about the show and I'd rather Nick to have more variety with different creators (it's time for Butch Hartman to retire already) but It's still shame they didn't give Bunsen a chance to shine and this is why Nickelodeon will continue to lose its chances with animation show creators.

• Like 3