• Advertisement

Watership Down

Steel Sponge

With the new Netflix miniseries having already come out, I thought it was a matter of time before I create a discussion for not just the most recent installment, but for just about everything else in-between: the original book and the 1978 film, to be most specific. I'm only familiar with the 1978 animated film, so far. While I am planning to rewatch it later this year before getting into the miniseries, my current standpoint towards it is that I thought it was well-written and astoundingly animated, but I can't seem to come to the popular agreement that it is an absolute classic because I've found it hard to keep myself invested in its story and dialogue.

If I'm not the only one who knows about Watership Down, I'd like to know what anyone else thinks about the book, the 1978 film, or the recent miniseries.

The 1978 animated film was pretty great, and it's one of the FEW animated movies that actually EARNS its PG rating, and STILL manages to earn its PG rating, even by TODAY'S hard standards, which is really saying a lot! o.o Definitely not for little kids, and let's leave it at that! :rolleyes: But very satisfying to watch when you ARE able to handle it! :cool: Enough said! ;)