• Advertisement

243a. The Nitwitting

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Nitwits: After giving my brain a vacation, I need a rest.
    • 4/5 Nitwits: I'd love to rest my intellect! Can I join?
    • 3/5 Nitwits: I think you guys are a little confused about what civic duty is...
    • 2/5 Nitwits: They do seem blissfully brainless!
    • 1/5 Nitwits: Oh well, I guess I'm just not empty head material...

This episode is amazing in meme wise...I’ve Give it that,otherwise it’s a clearly Bottom 25 tier trash.At least other Patrick’s main episode in past time still had some decent parts for a one or two seconds,Nitwitting is just annoying people doing annoying things in a very disturbing,childish way,just fuck this episode.

Rating:

F23D3390-327A-4BBE-8189-B257EE679666.jpeg.7a94ef5142d207d3905905c1e3ac4ae2.jpeg

Edited by Сашко Фокин
  • Like 2

Alright, I finally watched this at 3 in the morning due to sheer laziness and listening to Plaid on repeat all day. Anywho, what do I think about this episode?

...I feel absolutely nothing. I honestly don't know how to feel. It's bad. It's DUMB, but I can't say anything mean to it besides "it's Patrick being dumb up at 11 that it's annoying" and the nitwitting thing is just them being fucking dicks and makes me hate Patrick and those dumb characters more even if they're unaware of their stupidity. Also feels out of place to ne honest, especially with Uncle Grandpas voice on here (yeah yeah I know he was the ice cream king in another episode I never watched before), but honestly it just feels like a stupid thing that might fit with uncle grandpa but not really?

I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I'm becoming a nitwit myself writing this damn review.

i don't HATE it, (I mean I do) but I just got nothing to say. Same ol wacky dumb shit I've been seeing for a while, just this time it being the main focus with the shows worst written character right now (yes, even worse than Squidward at this point. Season 11 is redeemed that just a teeny, tiny bit.)

also saw Karl Hadrika in the writing credits of this ep, might be for Filthy Muck next week though, considering I didn't see boards similar to his and the credits for both episodes are together since they're the same production code. If karl DID storyboard any portion of this ep tho... *cue sad violin music*

I don't think I liked ANY expression on here. Too much of that slanted ren and stimpy bs I hate, I only liked one animated portion that Benjamin Arcand (an artist i actually fucking love and admire believe it or not) which I liked and rt'd on twitter:

I will say though this wasn't even close to the most disturbing SpongeBob episode ever like the official spongebob social media pages promoted as, most dumbest? Fuck yes. Still think a lot of post movie and post second movie moments from other eps were worse than the stuff shown here (it was still gross though).

Don't know what else to say. I dislike it, but I just expect this a lot now so I got nothin this time. Same old insane drivel with a character I never really liked anyway... goddamit kaz 

Farmerbob aired a long with this episode so I might check that out and review it since I want to review all the episodes I can, I got like", 7 to watch though. Siiiigh

2/10

also rip to the fishes that died Driving Simulator 2013 style when the nitwits returned at the end of the episode and crashed into everyone. F

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 4

Honestly I feel almost the same as Prez does. When I watched this episode I just felt nothing. I have no strong feelings towards this episode. It's bad, but like, "regular" kind of bad. I know what to expect from modern Patrick episodes and this one met my lowest expectations. But I am happy that this episode isn't remarkable in the slightest, because I really don't want another Ink Lemonade to destroy post-sequel, already shaky, reputation. So, yeah...

2/10

• Like 5

This episode suck really bad but I can’t call it the most dumbest episode ever made when at least Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful,That Sinking Feeling or Face Freeze exists.Sandy worked at F.E.M.A is somehow clever twist even if her appearance ended up begin useless.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I agree with Klu and Prez, this is bad but not bad enough to be horrendeus to me, it really just exists and I’ll probably forget 90% of it by the time Feburary starts too. 

Either way though, the episode is very unfunny, just being “lol the characters are dumb hahahaha” humor, and having a few gross moments, and it barely has any plot, just going to one thing to another without doing anything good or even interesting with them.

3/10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This episode wasn't good but I wouldn't call it terrible. SpongeBob being the sane man throughout the whole thing was cool, but seeing him turn dumb was creepy. Sandy's club was cool too. I don't really remember anything else so that must be what it was. Yeah, so won't be watching it again anytime soon.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, RDSP said:

And now to anger everyone with my unpopular opinions... I liked this episode. I don't even know why, I just found it funny. The weird antics that happened throughout were honestly funny to me, and while I didn't like EVERYTHING that happened throughout, it held me over at least. I didn't find it very gross (outside of a few scenes) or horrid either. I'm sorry I had to disgrace you all with my opinion but there you go.
(sorry about the bare review also, there's not really much to say here)

Unpopular opinion time part 2, I agree with RDSP; not the best first new episode to air after the passing of Stephen Hillenburg, but I felt that at least Kaz MADE an effort to write a good episode this time around, as opposed to "Ink Lemonade" where he was just...NOT...EVEN TRYING!!!! :rolleyes: Sure, all the jokes didn't work, but the episode amused me well enough, and I'm not even bugged about the Ice Cream King returning! Honestly, I don't GET all the dislike for his character! o.o Honestly, there ARE worse cartoon characters out there! (I'm looking at YOU, "Teen Titans Go!") And for Spongebob's weird face? I honestly think that the gross, frozen faces made in "Face Freeze" in season 8 are STILL worse than the derpy face Spongebob made in this episode! So, ultimate verdict; not a masterpiece, but STILL a major step up from "Ink Lemonade!" :D I'd give it an 8/10. (Haters gonna hate). Enough said! ;)

Edited by 4EverGreen
Made an error, fixed it.
  • Wow 1
  • God Himself 3

1 hour ago, 4EverGreen said:

Unpopular opinion time part 2, I agree with RDSP; not the best first new episode to air after the passing of Stephen Hillenburg, but I felt that at least Kaz MADE an effort to write a good episode this time around, as opposed to "Ink Lemonade" where he was just...NOT...EVEN TRYING!!!! :rolleyes: Sure, all the jokes didn't work, but the episode amused me well enough, and I'm not even bugged about the Ice Cream King returning! Honestly, I don't GET all the dislike for his character! o.o Honestly, there ARE worse cartoon characters out there! (I'm looking at YOU, "Teen Titans Go!") And for Spongebob's weird face? I honestly think that the gross, frozen faces made in "Face Freeze" in season 9A are STILL worse than the derpy face Spongebob made in this episode! So, ultimate verdict; not a masterpiece, but STILL a major step up from "Ink Lemonade!" :D I'd give it an 8/10. (Haters gonna hate). Enough said! ;)

Face Freeze is in s8.

Season 12 is probably going to be like Season 11 in the sense that in one episode, we have good storytelling and funny jokes. In other episodes, we'll have 11 minutes of idiotic screeching. *cough* Bunny Hunt *cough*

When the Post-Movie SpongeBob crew came along, it took them around 50 something episodes before the show became consistently bad/boring. The Post-Sequel crew just passed that mark... so maybe Season 12 will become the new Season 6.

In any case, I don't think you can expect Season 12 to be better than Season 11. Just saying. 

• Like 2

I know that it’s just a nitpicking compared to the rest of episode but why Patrick strongly disliked garbage in this episode?It’s so odd for him but in a bad way.Especially that a very next episode is all about him diving into trash.

So,Intelligent Member from Wiki been unbanned and the first thing that he did is wrote a review for this episode,get ready to read facts:

Spoiler

From all those 3 mounts I’ve been banes I finally saw some of Season 12 episodes.Hasn’t seen Krusty Slammer yet,but other 3 are really impressive.FarmerBob is really clever parody of video game from smartphones called Hey Day and has a really great substance,Ballad of Filthy Much is amazing and hilarious minus reference to abysmal No Pictures Please,and then The Nitwitting...God Neptune...this episode is PERFECTION!!!!I can’t think of last time I laugh that hard at Spongebob episode as this one.Everything about this episode works for A++++++++++,First of.I’m so shocked my episode subtle premise,I thought that crew never going to do episode that has something related to communism,but we actually have episode like that,idea of society that has an equal amount of intelligence is among subtle and even better than message  of Bumper to Bumper where we learned that if we not going to focused on the road We going to crust and died,but let’s back to Nitwitting,this episode is really funny,very joke has a brilliant building and punchlines beat my meat every time with it’s edgy cleverness of spit jar drinking and tongue handshake.The song is so beautiful that I put it into my alarm clock,now any time I’m going to wake up every morning I will listen a work of pure effort and enthusiasm.What I appreciate as well is how episode try to fix Mimic Madness and became superior,in both episodes Spongebob loses his sense of identity,and someone tried to tell him to explain who he is,they even use "I’m really" as a key for problem solving,don’t give me wrong,Mimic Madness isn’t a bad episode,but it’s noticeably ripped off classics like Face Freeze and Gone,one of my other favorite episodes of the series,while Nitwitting made a similar plot at its own glorious season way,it give to us the whole sequence where Spongebob make artistant faces and stalk lady on a street,memorable quotes as "What's a brain stem?" or "Obviously not the sharpest tool in the—the tool thin",easily top 5 quotes of the series,before that I also found gags as Patrick smash mailboxes with his butt and him diving into garbage can to be high-key entertaining,gives me Secret Mountain Fort Awesome vibes of its creativity and coolness.Another mega epic aspect is that Ice Cream Kind return,his first appearance from Patrick Coupon was just as magnificent as Squiditis so I’m glad this episode return him again for another bunch of quality jokes.

I honestly can’t believe,but it’s even better than Old Man Patrick,yep,that one is still outstanding and especially for godawful Season 11,but Nitwitting is a new level of quality content,character are at their best,story is even better than it was in Good Ol’ Whatshisname,humor made me laugh more than Mr Enter comparing abysmal Karen’s Virus to Doodle Dimension.It’s easily one of the greatest episodes of any show and I’m glad that I rewatched it even more than amount of good qualities from Hide and Then What Happens.If the rest of S12 going to be like that,then I’m glad that crew hat their sins  from Season 11 and made such and wonderful,charming masterpiece...

We're all unfit.

We must admit

We're dumb as a box of rocks. 

But time permitting

We'll be nitwitting.

Has anyone seen my socks?

• Like 1
  • God Himself 3