• Advertisement

243a. The Nitwitting

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Nitwits: After giving my brain a vacation, I need a rest.
    • 4/5 Nitwits: I'd love to rest my intellect! Can I join?
    • 3/5 Nitwits: I think you guys are a little confused about what civic duty is...
    • 2/5 Nitwits: They do seem blissfully brainless!
    • 1/5 Nitwits: Oh well, I guess I'm just not empty head material...

mtyncHC.png

Premieres: 

Sunday, January 13th @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

Patrick inducts SpongeBob into his prestigious society of dullards and doofuses.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • God Himself 4

I don't like to judge episodes before they air most of the time, but this sounds really odd, and not in a good way like No Pictures Please.
Speaking of Season 11, who knows? This might be an episode that sounds completely awful and out there like say Pat the Horse but ends up being really funny and interesting.

Edited by Matt0417

11 hours ago, Coffee_lover said:

At least it’s doesn’t look wacky like odious Season 11.

The only truly awful episode in season 11 was "Ink Lemonade"! :rolleyes: Everything else (in my personal opinion, though yours obviously may differ) was pretty good by comparison! :D Enough said! ;)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Hug 2

this episode wasn't as bad as I expected but it was still a bad one. Why the hell anyone thought an entire episode that embraces stupidity and develops braindead Patrick even further would be a clever idea? The entire episode was so obnoxious, gross and plain unfunny. A lot of scenes in this episode really make me question my intelligence like the whole spit jar, that was supposed to be funny? The ralley sequence was so irritating and plain idiotic (not in a good way). SpongeBob becoming stupid with that horrid design I posted above made everything worse as well. The only time I found something funny was the FEMA club joke, not even surprising considering Sandy's a smart character that joined that club and that joke was the only thing that worked. And animation is as amazing as usual, so the episode does get a bit point from that. Rest? Fuck it. This is why Patrick episodes (ok SpongeBob was the main lead but you get my point) almost never work anymore. It's like Kaz, the writer of this garbage, needs to prove how to make stuff dumber and dumber, especially when it comes to Patrick's characterization. Coming from Karen's Virus and Surf N Turf to this is extremely questionable. Don't waste time on this one unless you are like me that wanna watch every SpongeBob episode.

Grade: D

• Like 6

And now to anger everyone with my unpopular opinions... I liked this episode. I don't even know why, I just found it funny. The weird antics that happened throughout were honestly funny to me, and while I didn't like EVERYTHING that happened throughout, it held me over at least. I didn't find it very gross (outside of a few scenes) or horrid either. I'm sorry I had to disgrace you all with my opinion but there you go.
(sorry about the bare review also, there's not really much to say here)

7/10 (GOOD episode, and I realize I'm dead for saying that)

• Like 2
  • God Himself 1

This one was awful. This honestly makes me appreciate Pat the Horse, and every other Patrick episode in season 11 besides Ink. The episode is just nothing. It's just dumb people being dumb with no good jokes or anything clever. There wasn't anything funny about the episode at all. Patrick was pretty obnoxious, and I can't even understand why they would bring back the Ice Cream King. I don't dislike Patrick's Coupon at all, but the Ice Cream King was the worst aspect of that episode, and he is just another obnoxious Patrick here. There is no plot, just dumb people being dumb. I wish there was a straight man here, but instead Spongebob just rolls with the idiocy. Season 11 has dumb plots like Grill is Gone and Spin the Bottle, but there is a certain craft in those episodes that keeps them from being obnoxious like this one. Season 12 is scaring me so far, and some of the plots coming up sound just as bad as this one. I am not giving up yet, since season 11 didn't have the best start and managed to make dumb plots good, but this so far is not looking promising.

1/10

• Like 6

Honestly, this episode felt very disguesting with these guys (especially Patrick here). A lot of stuff happened wasn't funny, and it was kijd of irritating at times, like the weird dudes were messing aroundf in Bikini Bottom is pure garbage. Also, why's the fuck did they bring back ice cream king character randomly out of all these characters? I think it was throw in this episode to make this episode funny, but nope it's isn't at all. Yes, we had seen Patrick being "lol let's make 11min of how Patrick acts stupidly as even more than Ink has" Fuck it, I am very disappointed how s12 has not have a good start  with 20 years. At least Sandy's cameo worked well imo, but the rest of the episode is just plain not funny.

It would've been better if Patrick isn't acting like an idiot for 100th time.

Final Grade: D

• Like 4

Oh boy... I have to be pretty truthful and say that I disliked this episode. It's practically just Good Neighbors and Cephalopod Lodge meets Salsa Imbecilicus, and was just filled to the brim with nothing but all-over-the-place, unfunny dumb humor. I was just struggling trying to figure out what this episode was going for. Is this about SpongeBob becoming so dumb that he forgets himself or something? The resolution was incredibly anticlimactic as well. Almost none of the "jokes" in this episode made me laugh, either. I did kind of get a chuckle out of Sandy being a part of the "FEMA", but that's it. I usually value the visual humor in the show, but it didn't work here at all. I also did like the Easter eggs and the return of the Ice Cream King, but that along with the aforementioned joke were really all I enjoyed. Say all you want about Patrick's Coupon and Sportz?, two episodes that I actually happen to enjoy. At least they actually had a plot and a smooth progression, unlike this absolute mess. I'm rating this a 3.5/10.

Goodness gracious... here we have the first bad episode of season 12 and only the second to be aired? That's not setting off a good signal. I really pray that this season picks up soon.

• Like 8