• Advertisement

Hellboy (2019)

Jjs Goodman

It looks sooooooooo

Bad.

Visuals looks atrocious, comedy is very cringeworthy and i just didn't get the sense of what to be excited for a movie that promotes end of the world stakes. I have never read Hellboy comics, so idk if they are comedic or not but I'm not a fan of how this is trying to ne like Deadpool/GOTG and trailers gave me zero reason why I should be excited for Hellboy as a character.

Yeah, I have no hopes for this one.

The two Guillermo Del Toro movies are barely over ten years old and were supremely underrated for many reasons.  The visuals were excellent and Ron Perlman just nailed the part of Hellboy.  He looked fantastic and the CGI for the character looked real good as well.

This series needed to get rebooted...why?  Like I wasn’t completely against the idea originally  since I know that Guillermo Del Toro and Universal were at odds about finances and what not for the last ten years to the point that Universal pretty much put the nail in the coffin and basically said “fuck it, we’ll just sell off the franchise to another studio”.  

But this is the best that Lionsgate and Summit could do?  I like Neil Marshall’s television work.  I like David Harbour, especially because of Stranger Things.  This just looks god awful.  The visuals look like shit.  David Harbour sounds like he’s phoning it in for the paycheck.  And this creative vision for Hellboy, whether it was the studio or the director, pretty much looks like everyone involved has been heavily influenced by modern Marvel movies.  

• Like 2