• Advertisement

Sonic the Hedgehog (film)

Steel Sponge

After wondering when the live-action/CG animated film of Sonic the Hedgehog will come out, after the trend has caught up with the franchise ages ago, we're finally getting it pretty soon. A poster and a short description for the film have both been revealed since the past two days:

SonicMovieTeaserPoster.jpg

"Small-town sheriff Tom Wachowski journeys to San Francisco to assist Sonic, a super fast anthropomorphic blue hedgehog, in his battle against the evil Dr. Ivo Robotnik."

If you know me and my relationship with live-action/CG animation hybrid films, I was never stoked when I first heard about it being in production and I'm still very hesitant to see this film after hearing a little more about it. 

I was excited for this film when it was first announced a while back, but as soon as it was confirmed as a live-action/CG animated hybrid, I was so disappointed, I thought they could have adapted him into a human world with a well-done look like they did in Sonic Unleashed, but nope, they just had to go this same fucking route as all these other movies based off cartoons or video games are going.

SEGA!!!! o.o You HAD one JOB!!!! Make Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik/Eggman NOT look STUPID!!!! :rolleyes: Honestly, the most CLEVER part of that trailer was the fact that they managed to figure out a way to REFERENCE the Sega Genesis WITHIN that commercial, and replacing the Paramount stars with Sonic rings. Honestly, if this is the BEST Sonic movie that Sega can make, than Mario should have a piece of CAKE beating it once he comes out with HIS animated movie! :cool: That being said, I might STILL end up seeing the Sonic movie, if there's nothing BETTER in theaters to see when it comes out! :hysterical: Enough said! :D

18 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

SEGA!!!! o.o You HAD one JOB!!!! Make Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik/Eggman NOT look STUPID!!!! :rolleyes: Honestly, the most CLEVER part of that trailer was the fact that they managed to figure out a way to REFERENCE the Sega Genesis WITHIN that commercial, and replacing the Paramount stars with Sonic rings. Honestly, if this is the BEST Sonic movie that Sega can make, than Mario should have a piece of CAKE beating it once he comes out with HIS animated movie! :cool: That being said, I might STILL end up seeing the Sonic movie, if there's nothing BETTER in theaters to see when it comes out! :hysterical: Enough said! :D

Now that you've mentioned the idea of an animated film based on Mario, that's actually already in the works with Illumination currently developing it.

5 minutes ago, Steel Sponge said:

Now that you've mentioned the idea of an animated film based on Mario, that's actually already in the works with Illumination currently developing it.

I know that, why else do you think I mentioned it? :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

I forget where I heard it but I heard someone say this looked like the best movie in the world from 2003 and that's pretty much my exact thoughts

That’s honestly an insult to actual good movies from 2003 lmao

• God Himself 1

3 hours ago, Katniss said:

That’s honestly an insult to actual good movies from 2003 lmao

EXACTLY!!!! :D "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" called, it wants to remind you of its ELEVEN Oscar win from this year; one of only THREE movies to EVER accomplish this feat! Enough said! ;)