• Advertisement

What was the first video game you ever owned?

A relevant person

First game I played was educational one. It sucked.

TRUE first game I played, ironically was Super Mario Bros for NES. Old Chinese clone of NES was one of the things that were available in my kindergarten. 

Technically, the first games I ever owned was my older brother's NES hand-me-downs. "Super Mario Bros./Duckhunt 2-pack; Super Mario Bros. 2; Metal Gear; Double Dragon; Wheel of Fortune; Roadblasters; Super Mario Bros. 3" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". I think the first game I ever owned that wasn't a hand-me-down and was my own, was the "Secret of Mana" for the Super NES.

In my possession and not really just what my parents bought for themselves? I think Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa for Xbox 360. That was when we had the original Arcade Xbox 360 but my parents decided I was too young for it and we returned everything and got the Wii.

In my parents possession and what they bought for themselves and I played as (most likely) my first video game? Uhhhhhhhhhh, maybe Super Mario 64.

The Simpsons Hit and Run.

I remember it quite well, the excitement of 6/7 year old me with his first ever games console - an original XBOX - and buying his ever video game. That game was such a staple in my life and I even bought it for my PS2 when I got one of those in my teens when I switched to PlayStation consoles.