• Advertisement

Favorite 2010's Artist?

Goobz

I can just name several. I don't think I have an absolute favorite artist that have come out during the 2010s and/or came out earlier and had a solid career throughout the decade. If I could just name artists that I not only really like but I also felt best represented the 2010s in music, these would be my choices in no particular order:

-The 1975
-Lorde
-CHVRCHES
-Kendrick Lamar
-Bruno Mars
-The Weeknd
-Carly Rae Jepsen
-Ariana Grande
-Lady Gaga
-Adele
-Taylor Swift
-Demi Lovato
-Little Mix
-Vampire Weekend
-The National
-Florence + The Machine
-Paramore
-Cage the Elephant
-Daft Punk
-David Bowie
-Janelle Monae
-Kanye West
-Beyonce
-Pusha T
-Frank Ocean
-Miguel
-Charli XCX

• Happy 1

Marina and the Diamonds, Ariana, Lorde, Bruno Mars (peak of his career to me was his 24k album), Justin Timberlake (20/20 and before that), lot of Kpop, Foster the People, Tyler the Creator, Chance the Rapper, the list really goes on. 

• Happy 1

Out of all the artists in the 2010s, Foster the People kind of holds a special place in my heart. Back when Torches first came out, my dad played it in his car all the time, and rightfully so because their songs are damn great on that one. Just listening to any song from that album, like Call It What You Want, Houdini, Waste, and so on, it just gives me a grand sense of nostalgia for the early 2010s already.

(and yes, this does mean i listened to pumped up kicks before it became a meme)

Some more:

Ariana Grande 

Arctic Monkeys

Paramore

The Weeknd

Halsey

Taylor Swift

Florence + the Machine 

HAIM

Vampire Weekend

Marina and the Diamonds 

Lana Del Rey

Fosrer the People

Kendrick Lamar

I’m sure the list could go on lol. There’s been a lot of good music this decade.

I'm not sure, I haven't listened to a lot of artists that became big this decade, but I guess I'll pick Twenty One Pilots??? Trench is really good with Blurryface having a couple good songs, still not amazing though.

I would say Pilotredsun but he's an internet music artist and that would be cheating. A lot of the artists I like who still make music today came out decades before.

Edited by President Squidward

3 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

I'm not sure, I haven't listened to a lot of artists that became big this decade, but I guess I'll pick Twenty One Pilots??? Trench is really good with Blurryface having a couple good songs, still not amazing though.

I would say Pilotredsun but he's an internet music artist and that would be cheating. A lot of the artists I like who still make music today came out decades before.

Yeah I remember I thought Twenty One Pilots was some stupid trendy band with bad songs (my vocabulary was limited to those insults lol) then I listened to Stressed Out, godly song. Unironically.

• Like 1

CHVRCHES, First Aid Kit, Phantogram, Purity Ring (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RELEASE BITTER RHYMES ALREADY), Passion Pit, The Naked and Famous, Sia (yeah, I can't believe I like a top 40-er either), Death Grips, Kero Kero Bonito, Superorganism, Let's Eat Grandma, Die Antwoord, Grimes, Porter Robinson... the list goes on.