SpongeBob Season 9B Best Episode Tournament: Round 5

Jinjo

Round 5  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Match 28

• The Sewers of Bikini Bottom
    • Mall Girl Pearl

This poll is closed to new votes

To those who remember in the past, we held best episode tournaments for Seasons 9A, 6, 4, 2 and 10 of SpongeBob in this forum. It's back again, this time for Season 9B (may as well finally finish the other half)! Using challonge, I've placed all of the S9B episodes into a bracket. You will vote for which one is the best until we get a winner overall.

Here's the matches for Round 5, where you will decide the overall winner of the season:

SPONGEBOB SEASON 9B TOURNAMENT ROUND 5: MATCH 28

MATCH 28: The Sewers of Bikini Bottom vs. Mall Girl Pearl

I won't give my thoughts to not influence the vote, but you are more than welcome to post in this topic. I do encourage people to explain their choice to get some discussion going in this topic.

Anyways, you will have until November 22nd at 4:00pm to vote in this final round. Everyone who participates will get 300 dbs as an added bonus.

This was a tough decision. If Bulletin Board or Sandy's Nutmare made it here I would've voted one of those, no doubt. Neither of those eps made it tho :( Although I liked MGP for trying something new like Pearl being the main character (and actually having it work), SoBB feels like one of those old eps where SpongeBob and Squidward are stuck in the same situation and have to overcome it together (eg Pizza Delivery, Club SpongeBob, etc.), which are episodes I tend to enjoy. The humor wasn't that bad either so I picked that one

Edited by dmandaboi

I picked MGP. I just like the feeling of that ep more. I kinda like how it does it’s own thing without featuring spongebob too much. Whale Watching in s11 did this well too. Makes me wonder what a sb-less girls night out would be like.

Yeah I will admit Sewers handled the stadium subplot spectacularly, which really makes it stand out from other episodes in 9B, and every time i think of 9B, this is one of the first things that come to mind.