• Advertisement

241b. The String

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 String: Nothing beats cashmere!
    • 4/5 String: There's quite nothing like a brand new shirt!
    • 3/5 String: You have a thing on your thing.
    • 2/5 String: Can't you see I'm trying to read here?
    • 1/5 String: There is a hair in my soup, and I demand a refund!

1K4Wvl2.png

Premieres: 

Sunday, November 18th @ ~11:20am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, November 18th @ ~2:20pm ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob pulls a loose string from Squidward's shirt that never seems to end.

Clips:

N/A

This will be another shortened episode like "Don't Wake Patrick", "The Bad Guy Club for Villains" and "Gary Takes a Bath", meaning it is 6 minutes long instead of 11.

Edited by jjsthekid

Now this will be a classic to go down in SpongeBob history, the concept sounded funny enough, but in the actual episode, it was executed so creatively and imaginatively, it is unbelievable. For such a short episode, so much went on. Final rating is a high tier good.

This short was a relief after rather disspoiting Squirrel Jelly. It was really fun to watch, many gags worked really well and it works as a nice season finale (in production code this episode is the last one this season). It was really surreal and creative. Probably one of the best shorts show ever did. 

And while I really like it, I can't say much more about it. It's fun, but in the end, 6-minute short. So I'll just give it 9/10 and leave it at that. If Nick showed the season in the right order, that could've been quite satisfying finale. 

Haven't seen Squirrel Jelly yet but this episode was pretty damn amazing. Insanely simple, yet effective and original episode with tons of fun elements and comedy. I loved that it just wanted to get creative with SpongeBob pulling the strings and suddenly many stuff disappearing. The part with Mr. Krabs suddenly losing one 0 from his biggest money, then needing to trick the rich fish into giving the money with string on the soup and lastly SpongeBob pulling the string away from the soup, therefore Mr. Krabs becoming poor was a well-executed gag. Squidward becoming naked could have gotten repetitive but it topped itself with each gag appearing. Bubble Bass being attacked by moneys because SpongeBob freeded them, Sandy's tail being pulled, the human fisher disappearing, cab driver scene, the universe disappearing and the Patrick cameo at the end were other gags I really liked. There's not much complaints to say here, except this wasn't exactly one of the strongest episodes of the season for me but nevertheless, I enjoyed the whole ride here.

Grade: A-

Haven't seen Squirrel Jelly yet but this episode was pretty damn amazing. Insanely simple, yet effective and original episode with tons of fun elements and comedy. I loved that it just wanted to get creative with SpongeBob pulling the strings and suddenly many stuff disappearing. The part with Mr. Krabs suddenly losing one 0 from his biggest money, then needing to trick the rich fish into giving the money with string on the soup and lastly SpongeBob pulling the string away from the soup, therefore Mr. Krabs becoming poor was a well-executed gag. Squidward becoming naked could have gotten repetitive but it topped itself with each gag appearing. Bubble Bass being attacked by moneys because SpongeBob freeded them, Sandy's tail being pulled, the human fisher disappearing, cab driver scene, the universe disappearing and the Patrick cameo at the end were other gags I really liked. There's not much complaints to say here, except this wasn't exactly one of the strongest episodes of the season for me but nevertheless, I enjoyed the whole ride here.

Grade: A-

• Like 1

This is an episode type I like. In a similar fashion to Sanitation Insanity and Krusty Kleaners, this episode is basically a loose string of gags around a simple premise. I think the episode executes it well, and turns what could have been an annoying and forgettable episode into a funny one. I especially liked the running gag with Squidward (Dunces and Dragons music returns!!!). The dollar decreasing and Bubble Bass' part were also funny, and it was nice to hear the my leg gag. The only things I didn't like were the beginning being kinda dragged out and unfunny, and Mr. Krabs and the rich dudes exchange, while kinda amusing, felt like it could have been abridged more. Otherwise, this was a solid way to close out the season. Interesting that last seasons final pair was a good special and a forgettable short, and this season has a forgettable special and a good short.

7/10

Spoiler

Woo my 100th post

Loved this episode. It took a seemingly out-of-this-world concept and worked with it to the highest potential. The running gag with Squidward, the bait-and-switch joke with Mr. Krabs and his "prized possession", the fisherman disappearing, this episode offered tons of laughs!

9.5/10 

Maybe it’s because after how humorless Squirrel Jelly was,but this short is really funny,one of the funniest of the season for sure. It’s has a really simple yet a very potential preside for a visual humor,and short definitely use it right,nothing really to talk about here since it’s just a 6 minutes of fun.But I’m recommending this short to everyone who like some creative silliness like this,especially that there nothing wrong besides the set-up(it’s kind of gross and unnecessary)But the rest is legit great.Really nice way to ended a nice Season 11!

Rating:

FA201A7C-2243-4BC2-B00E-397885F68E92.thumb.png.6175c062ffb1da81f108365dfede8aa4.png

This was definitely a fun episode. The concept of the episode was interesting to start out with and where they go with it is actually pretty creative. This episode really pushed it with its surrealism, and I like that. Also apparently Fred Osmond was the writer here, so I wonder if this episode was storyboard-driven. Anyways, again, this was a fun and creative episode that definitely meets my approval.

7/10 (GOOD episode)

It's really unusual for the SHORTER segment to actually be the STRONGER segment of the two new segments that aired today (even though I personally don't CARE about the length, I'm just noting how unusual it is!) Anyways, this is how you do a short segment episode right! :D Sure, it only has one REAL gag, but it does that one gag very WELL! Squidward's outfits keep disappearing, Mr. Krabs' money value decreases, and he tries to get more money from a rich fish by passing off a hair in his soup as a GOOD thing, only for Spongebob to pull the STRING away, and Mr. Krabs instantly becomes poor! :hysterical: Bubble Bass taunts the Sea Monkeys (its REALLY spooky how I just predicted Sea Monkeys would become a thing in "Spongebob Squarepants", and than they actually BECAME a thing!) o.o And the Sea Monkeys beat Bubble Bass up once the bars disappear, and Spongebob makes the fisherman, the island, and even the whole UNIVERSE disappear! And Patrick somehow DODGED getting disappeared, and than he makes Spongebob disappear! There's not much else I can say about this segment, but then again, this episode segment proves that sometimes, shorter works BETTER! All in all, I'd give this episode segment a 10/10! :cool:

I think just all about what I could say about this episode has already been said by other posters above me. But I will say this:

This episode was pretty friggin' amazing, much more so than "Squirrel Jelly" (Seriously? That's the best title you could come up with?). Very simple premise, but the execution is great, culminating in that unforgettable finale with SpongeBob unraveling the WHOLE UNIVERSE, and Patrick making SpongeBob disappear.

Overall, I give it a 10/10. One of the best episodes of Season 11, and the best short the show's ever done.

How has it taken me so long so watch this little darling episode? It's so simple and it works. The running gag of Squidward buying new clothes lands, and everything else works because of how seamlessly the episode goes from place to place with only one thing going on. Definitely very out there in regards to logic, but it's definitely something this show would do and that's what helps sell the episode.