242a. FarmerBob

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Farms: You're all paid up, Krabs!
    • 4/5 Farms: Farm hand, oh boy!
    • 3/5 Farms: Not that patch, that one!
    • 2/5 Farms: But I don't have a tractor license!
    • 1/5 Farms: I just can't let any darn fools work on my farm!

ZGlLCji.png

Premieres: 

Sunday, November 11th @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, November 11th @ 2:15pm ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob and Patrick work a day on Old Man Jenkins' farm, much to his dismay.

Clips:

This will be the first Season 12 episode. 

Edited by jjsthekid

So this episode was funny from one scene after the other, one of the wackiest of post-sequel right next to Bunny Hunt, so overall this was an amazing season premiere!  Season 12 has a bright future ahead of it.

This episode was well... how to put it that way? It was pretty all over the place with everything that happening not mixing well together. It was basically a 11 minute of SpongeBob and Patrick enjoying the temporary farm life. That was it really. And that story didn't sound interesting at all. Literally what we've seen in dozens of SpongeBob/Patrick episodes before but what made the episode for me was the jokes. For a long time, I actually liked Patrick's comedy more than 1 second and that's saying something. His different licences (marriage license especially LMFAO), him forcing a clam to give an egg, licking Jenkin's jelly face and the whole alien sign he made were all well done. Despite feeling so out of place to the story, aliens arriving was so hilarious. Them also being farmers and enjoying SpongeBob'S barn party was amusing and them saying they are gonna destroy the universe (on top of that, SpongeBob rooting for them) got to me. Some other jokes were good like the literal raising the bar, baby worm eating SpongeBob and the sudden alien kidnap at the end. Characters were likeable enough, even If they were destructive at times and even that was handled fine. If only the story was so cohesive. That's gonna be my biggest complaint, aside from not all gags working out for me and Jenkins was a bit irritating at times. This isn't gonna end up being the most memorable episode of the recent times but I was entertained quite enough.

Grade: B

This episode was a really good way to start a season! Let's get positives out of the way, comedy is just REALLY GOOD. This episode is really funny and packed with various gags, both visual and dialogue ones, comedic timing is just perfect.

"I HOPE THIS TRIP LASTS FOREVER!" (c) - is already one of the best post-sequel quotes for me.

Patrick is pretty good character too, for once, his appearance led to good jokes, not to annoyance of everyone, viewer included. I like how Old Man Jenkins is appearing more since s11 and makes good use of him as a character. It makes sense that he has farm and makes sense that Mr.Krabs gets ingredients from it. So not only episode is great comedically, it also has fair share of world-building. 

Unfortunately, one major flaw brings episode down. Pacing. This episode feels like it has three different plots slapped together. It seems like Luke Brookshier and John Trabbic wanted to pack as many farmer-related gags in episode as possible and I admire their effort, as majority of gags was great and varied. But because of that, episode feels too hyperactive and unfocused.
Similar problem was in "The Night Patty" which has basically no story besides SpongeBob exploring Krusty Krab's night shift, same here, SpongeBob and Patrick both explore and experience farmer life. And usually I'm okay with that, but man, I'd wish that Luke sticked with one particular idea and went with it until the end.

Still, this episode has strong comedy, characterization (if episode wasn't character-driven, it doesn't mean that character can't be well-written) and has fair share of world-building and fantastic animation. With flawed pacing and almost non-existent story makes this episode a mixed bag, mostly good bag, but still mixed.

7/10, all in all. The best episode premiere since Friend or Foe and great taste of upcoming season 12's comedy. 

Edited by Klu
  • Like 1

This episode is...okay?Not really know how I’m feel about it because how inconsistent it is.First,FarmerBob don’t have a plot,like,it’s barely has any stakes at all,a lot of scenes feel really different from each other and not in a very good way,yeah,it’s not like it’s the first time where new episode has no particular conflict,Night Patty is a great example,but episodes like Patty still worth watching due for it’s good atmosphere,or new fun characters,or cool callbacks,or anything...so having no solid structure never kills episode completely,but what for what I can going for on FarmerBob?

Well,I think that episode has interesting nature in his premise,I enjoyed a new types of sea creatures that episode showed,it’s add a good chunk of show’s ocean wacy atmosphere really well,and I’m always approve Old Man Jenkins,so seeing him again in more that secondary character is nice,although I wish that he did something more.So having a interesting new premise almost made episode good..if not the fact that episode is REALLY missed up with wackiness,I’m gonna be honest,I like new style that show has now,but I do agree that sometimes some episodes too crazy to the point where it’s getting annoying.And this episode is this type of it,maybe the second half is more calm,but unfortunately the first half dragged a lot,and speaking of begging...that way how Patrick been added to episode is so freakin lazy,like,if you want to make Patrick a main character in episode please make some reasoning for him.Is episode funny?Not really,maybe second half have some alright gags like Patrick’s licenses or random aliens appearance,but like I’m said before most of episode focused on crazy visuals which is more annoying than anything else.

So having some pros and cons.I can officially say that S12 didn’t has a very great start.Not terrible by any means,but it’s too lazy written and crazy to enjoyed it.And so far a second worst Luke’s episode in post sequel era,hope his work gonna improves with the next episodes,but as for FarmerBob,it’s not impressed me.

Rating:

DBEBD5B4-5E6E-4291-BD48-D696B5EADBDF.thumb.jpeg.6b34d163f4b757d030d14bba32298932.jpeg

P.S:Even though I don’t really like this episode,I’m still not give up for S12 yet,because it’s never right to make final conclusion with one episode,especially that the first S11 epesode is Cave Dwelling Sponge-one of my least favorite episodes in the season.So it’s still has a lot of chances to be good,even if leaked plots sounds really...off. 

Edited by Coffee_lover
  • Like 1

This episode does feel like it tries to go in too many different directions at once. I feel like this could have done better as a full 22 minute episode, or maybe have the out of left field appearance of aliens come in earlier to this episode, to make for a more interesting plot. I'm glad to see the bearded Old Man Jenkins getting more screen-time, and having him being a contributing factor to the ingredients that Mr. Krabs gets. But I think they could've done more with his character than just being a farmer. I liked the nice call-back to "Mid-Life Crustacean", the pictures on the cards of Spongebob and Patrick being "Certified Fools", is of their 'derpy' looks from the cut-away gag in that episode! :hysterical: Also, liked the nice continuity reference to "Driven to Tears", where Patrick got his Driver's license, and it shows that Patrick has also got a Fishing license (weird), and a MARRIAGE license (funny!) :D Also, the LITERAL barn-raising was a very funny, Tex Avery-esque gag. And the aliens didn't actually seem THAT out of place, considering all the weird things that have gone on in "Spongebob Squarepants". Also, the level of quotes and unique character designs coming up in this episode, seems right at the level of the quality of season four and season five good episodes, which is actually saying a lot. Overall, I'd give this episode an 8 out 10 for effort; and I hope that the next time the bearded Old Man Jenkins is featured, they can do more with his character. Enough said! ;)

I honestly enjoyed this episode. It went in a lot of different directions, and while parts of it felt a bit messy as a result, that doesn't keep this episode from being fun. There were some rather... odd parts to this episode also, which wasn't a bad touch. What really kept me here, though, was that most of the puns they used here were funny (I mean, come on, the whole "barn-raising" part lmao) and a lot of the visuals were great. Overall, Brookshier stays as my favorite post-sequel writer, and in my opinion, this episode delivered well.

7/10 (GOOD episode]

This was a good episode. I found it to be funny, with jokes such as “I hope this trip will last forever” “anddddddddd we’re here” and patrick’s marriage license, and the animation is nice. It’s a bit flawed, such as that it’s plot isn’t done as well as others (idk ho to explain it right) but overall it’s good

8/10

• Like 1

This episode was really fun. I liked seeing all the different sea creature versions of farm animals. Patrick's various licenses were funny along with the aliens appearing randomly. The barn raising joke was really funny as well. Again a really funny episode.

Predictable and half baked. Honestly it feels like Krusty Kleaners, but stripped of the gags. The biggest praise I will give it is Patrick was sort of amusing here, and the license gag is easily the highlight. The tractor scene was pretty fun as well. The rest of the episode though feels just there. Besides the license gag, I guess I chuckled at one of the real life buildings getting something thrown at it (I half forgot the joke sorry). Other than that, this episode has 0 stakes. Aliens just sort of pop up because....reasons? There is no central conflict, which I think makes Kleaners just the better episode. That one isn't great, but it has a moving plot and clear goals. This one just sort of goes to random plot points with no consistency between scenes. I just don't really have a reason to go back to this one, and it just feels like a forgettable season 8 episode enhanced by good visuals.

5/10

An alright episode. While the concept was fun, it was damaged by the pacing being too slow for me. It picked up slightly after the aliens had came to the farm, but not by much. I felt like they came in the episode too late to do anything noteworthy. Not to mention I saw some of the jokes from a mile away. On the other side, the few jokes that worked, really worked. (Patrick's marriage license anyone?)

C-