• Advertisement

The Secret Life of Pets 2

Jinjo

The first movie was alright, but super forgettable and felt like an average kiddy flick like most of Illumination's products.

However, this idea of the vet was something that wasn't really explored in the first one, as the humans weren't there throughout most of it.

I'm sure this is only one scene though, this isn't the OFFICIAL trailer after all. Illumination movies have always been something that I could watch once casually, but not go back to it unless it was good enough.

Was not a fan of the first one as you all know.  I will say good riddance to Louis CK as Max’s voice actor.  Patton Oswalt is very underrated so I’m glad for him.  Still have no intention on checking this out though.

Alright, so being serious, I might or might not see this one. The first one was high-tier on the scale of mediocrity. It had much more potential to it, but maybe the sequel can deliver more in terms of an actual plot.

I fairly liked the first film, so I might eventually see this one too. It's very nice to see Louis C.K. being completely phased out for Patton Oswalt. I loved him as Dementor (Kim Possible), Remy (Ratatouille), and as Nom Nom (We Bare Bears), so him voicing Max will probably be the most enjoyable thing I could get from this sequel. I won't be invested in this until I'm proven that the sequel can have its own identity and not draw too many parallels to Toy Story or any other films of the like. If it doesn't, I'm not going to feel surprised because from my point of view, Illumination still has yet to top the first Despicable Me movie.

Edited by Steel Sponge

The visuals look pretty good, even if that was just a teaser trailer. I actually enjoyed the first movie very well, and I hope the sequel will be even better, given that Max now has a new voice actor with Patton Oswalt. I'll probably go see it in theaters when it comes out. Enough said! ;)

On 11/7/2018 at 6:09 PM, dmandaboi said:

minions - eh, who cares

I'm late to respond to this post, but last time I checked, the general agreement towards the Minions movie was "Ugh, minions."

Edited by Steel Sponge

Just to give people another reason to see this movie, HARRISON FREAKING FORD is going to be voicing a character in this movie, a tough dog, who is oddly named Rooster! I am SO going to see it just for Harrison Ford ALONE!!!! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Sad 1

They constantly showed trailers for this during The Bachelorette on Monday and honestly, it doesn’t look like something I’d be interested in. At least they picked a quality song by The Killers for their advertising.

• Wow 1