• Advertisement

240b. Girls Night Out

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Nights: Gal Pals unite!
    • 4/5 Nights: Hello Mr. SpongeBob, I'm just here to deliver your driver's license! Congratulations!
    • 3/5 Nights: Hey hey, we're supposed to have a good ol time, not a good ol cry!
    • 2/5 Nights: Sorry Sandy, I can't hear you because SOMEONE won't shut up!
    • 1/5 Nights: PLANKTON, YOU INTERRUPTED MY BEAUTY SLEEP!

IuX71gy.png 

Premieres: 

Sunday, November 4th @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, November 4th @ 2:15pm ET/PT

Plot:

Sandy invites Karen and Mrs. Puff out for a night on the town, so the ladies decide to blow off some steam.

Clip:

Edited by jjsthekid

To be honest, I don't mind SpongeBob being a main part of the episode, I actually appreciate SpongeBob being the one who needs to be saved rather than any of the girls! Hell, the girls are the ones who save him! That's one thing I like about this show, no stereotypes of gender are applied because the show is good enough with the personalities every one of the characters have built surrounding their many activities and characteristics. ?

Wasn't really big on this one. It wasn't bad by any means, but it felt very...lacking? For a premise like this, it feels like they only barely the scratched the surface of what they could have done. Not the biggest waste of an idea in SpongeBob history, but I feel it could've done a lot more than what we got here. My biggest problem with this episode however is that SpongeBob really did not need to be in this (and to a lesser extent, Krabs and Plankton). And I don't want to hear "well they had to put him in there", because Mall Girl Pearl and Whale Watching already prove they don't have to have him be a major point of an episode, so no excuse. For an episode trying to make us invested in the Sandy/Karen/Puff chemistry, that's kind of difficult when we have SpongeBob, Krabs and Plankton intruding on what was supposed to be their episode. It's just depressing that they couldn't even have Sandy, Karen and Puff be together on their own without having to involve other characters. The whole pranking aspect of the episode felt really been there, done that, and causes this to not really be special in its own unique way. Also, I gotta be honest: I personally was never even really excited for this concept to begin with. I can understand Sandy and Karen being paired together for a premise like this, but Puff being there...felt awkward? Sandy and Karen at least had prior interactions, but Puff didn't really work for me in this dynamic. I don't think she bounced off of either Sandy or Karen well enough, or at least in a way that didn't feel strange and awkward. There's nothing else the episode does offensively wrong, and I did find a few things amusing like the Krabs disguise and SpongeBob getting his "license". But otherwise, this episode was just whatever for me, which is depressing as I usually like when the show experiments, but unfortunately, I don't think this one experimented enough for my liking. 

Grade: C

Edited by jjsthekid

While this episode didn't deliver everything I hoped that it could deliver or wanted it to deliver, it DID have some very stiff competition, trying to measure up to the segment that premiered right before it, which was VERY hard to do, all things considered! :rolleyes: Still, this episode did a pretty good job for what it gave us, and it DID help develop Sandy, Mrs. Puff, and Karen as characters more! :D Let's face it, this dynamic between the three of them is something that we haven't really seen before! We get to see that Sandy actually has the ability to shrink herself (and later, Karen, Mrs. Puff, and SOMEHOW Spongebob and Mr. Krabs, down to microscopic size), and she did that, for the SCIENCE!!!! :hysterical: Karen is fed up with Plankton, and Mrs. Puff is understandably exasperated with Spongebob, so the girls decide to have a night on the town to blow off some steam. We learn that Karen has been married to Plankton for 26 years (which, if this episode actually takes place in 2018, it would mean Karen and Plankton have been married since 1992!) I think it was pretty funny that the girls decided to prank Plankton against Mr. Krabs, and they did it with a paper-thin disguise as MR. KRABS no less; and Plankton didn't even bat his EYE about it! o.o They then decided to play a joke on Spongebob with a Virtual Reality Helmet, which is a VERY recent invention, only for the joke to go HORRIBLY wrong, when the shopping cart that they put Spongebob in goes careening with an oblivious Spongebob down the WRONG way of a one-way street! I think this episode marks kind of a gigantic "Apology", for the way the episode "Demolition Doofus" turned out. For in STARK contrast to THAT episode, Mrs. Puff actually ends up being the one who SAVES Spongebob in this episode! Also, I thought Karen and her constant saying and visualization of the words "Gal Power!", were like HER version of Spongebob's "Imagination!" :cool: And who knows? Another team-up like this between the girls in a future episode certainly isn't out of the question, and they can explore more interesting dynamics between them, then! All in all, I'd give this episode a 9.6/10! Enough said! ;)

This episode was kind of wasted potential. But I still enjoyed it a lot. I loved interactions between three main leads, I liked how they had a good time together. Many jokes and one-liners are really good too. GAL PALS, anyone? 

This episode got a problem, though and that problem is SpongeBob himself. There was too much focus on him in the second half of the episode, which is darn shame. SpongeBob himself isn't that bad, but got pretty annoying later on. It's not post-movie levels of annoying SpongeBob, mind you, but still pretty annoying.

But this episode still provided me a good time, and while it could've been better, I can't say that this episode is bad. More like, it's alright and pales in comparison with episode it premiered with.

7/10.

Edited by Klu

yeah... this one was as disappointing as people pointed out. The premise wasn't special but the fact that Sandy, Karen and Puff barely interact with each other on the show, I was interested in this. Sadly it just didn't feel like an actual girls night out. I really liked dynamics here, even though Mrs. Puff felt a bit out of place in the group and I enjoyed some of gags they put like Fake Mr. Krabs and Plankton dynamic and some of virtual reality jokee. Not the mention bringing back Mrs. Puff shady behavior towards SpongeBob was interesting to see. The biggest problem of the episode is the fact that SpongeBob had to be the main conflict. This is supposed to be the episode for female characters to hold episodes on their own and it's not like it was proven wrong (Karen 2.0, upcoming Surf N Turf, Mall Girl Pearl, Whale Watching). Episodes I mentioned still had male characters but they never overshadowed female chracter and certainly SpongeBob didn't do that either. Here SpongeBo took the spotlight from them and he did it in an annoying way. Not his worst appearance but he didn't bring much amusement to this episode. He didn't need to be a plot point, he could have served as one or two gags just fine. Sadly yeah, he kind of ruined my enjoyment here. I do hope they make more episodes with more of their interaction but please, next time let them shine on their own.

Grade: B-

On 11/4/2018 at 12:03 PM, jjsthekid said:

I gotta be honest: I personally was never even really excited for this concept to begin with. I can understand Sandy and Karen being paired together for a premise like this, but Puff being there...felt awkward? Sandy and Karen at least had prior interactions, but Puff didn't really work for me in this dynamic. I don't think she bounced off of either Sandy or Karen well enough, or at least in a way that didn't feel strange and awkward.

I feel like they could've replace Ms. Puff with Pearl instead since that's only thing i could think would fit to this episode rather choosing Puff there which idk why she even there.

Like others have said, I wish they could've done a bit more with this new and fresh interaction of three main characters, but to me, the story is just fine without anything else. Plankton's prank was hilarious and SpongeBob's VR boat chase was even more entertaining. I also loved the "Gal Pals" running gag.

9.5/10

• Like 1

I really liked this episode. Seeing Sandy hang out with Mrs. Puff and Karen (three people who hardly interact) was really interesting. I liked the running gag with the "Gal Pals", though it was pretty disturbing to see how broken Mrs. Puff is from interacting with SpongeBob all the time, glad she at least know he doesn't intend to be annoying and chooses to save his life in the end. Great episode.

• Like 1

Good episode. Ther are some flaws in it though. It didn’t really need to have Spongebob in it, and should have just ben about the girls. Additionally, they could of given more reason for Mrs Puff to be with them. Regardless, however, I still enjoy the episode and the unique character grouping in this.

8/10