• Advertisement

240a. Bubbletown

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Bubbles: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the most fascinating place on earth: Bubbletown!
    • 4/5 Bubbles: Yes, there's all kinds of things to see and do in Bubbletown!
    • 3/5 Bubbles: On my way into town, I got a flat tire on my motor scooter...
    • 2/5 Bubbles: Excuse me sir, but you seem to have stepped in my dogs...
    • 1/5 Bubbles: Take me away, I'm guilty!

Premieres: 

Sunday, October 28th @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, October 28th @ 2:15pm ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob visits his old pal Bubble Buddy's hometown, Bubbletown.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Grim

This one was the better episode of the day. Man, I just gotta praise the animation first. Bubbletown looks really beautiful and cute.The fact that the season is literally worldbuilding the show is outstandind and this was no exception. Story was a bit uneven at times and fairly predictable but still a pretty fun one. I loved that the whole gag of SpongeBob popping Bubbletowns citizens got really dark to a point he popped animals and kids and Mr. Krabs coming to bubbletown to do the exact thing on purpose was cherry on top (hey now, I'm not trying to be racist, I just love a good dark comedy. Please, I have bubble buddies.). My other favorite gags have to be "MY BUBBLE LEG", dead and waiting costumers, unexpected non-speaking jailbreak cameo from Dirty Bubble, the whole Mr. Krabs not being able to switch bubble money with actual money) and rooftop joke. Like a pointed out above, I found the story to be uneven and predictable at times but the episode was pretty good at comedy and exploring different places. Plus this was a better Bubble Buddy sequel than Bubble Buddy Returns and HOORAY FOR NO SHINY.

Grade: B+

It may be controversial, but... I like this episode more than original Bubble Buddy. Yes, I said that. Original ep is a classic, but this episode is straight up hilarious. It's probably has the best dark comedy in the entire show. Timing of jokes is literally perfect. But this episode has it's flaws from being "10/10".

Pacing is uneven. Despite popping sequence was hilarious, it went on far too long. I'd watched more of Mr.Krabs interacting with BubbleTown, to be honest. 

Overall, still great episode, but with noticable issue with pacing, which brings it down.

8/10

Episode redeemed itself when Mr. Krabs came to Bubble Town. Also, this might be one of the darkest episodes of the show.. I mean.. SpongeBob killed innocent people and animals. Like, so innocent that the episode went out of its way to show how innocent all these beings were ? I can handle a lot, so I was fine with it, but good God, I can imagine the writers laughing their asses off! This season is surprisingly approving itself since it started. That's a good sign :)

To date, this has got to be SURPRISINGLY the darkest episode this series has seen in a LONG time, easily matching "Nasty Patty", and even being FAR more in taste than "One Coarse Meal". It starts off innocently enough, with a false-documentary opening of all the different things to see and do in Bubbletown. The animation was absolutely GORGEOUS in this episode! :D Usually, you have to pay EXTRA for that! :hysterical: Anyways, when Spongebob is informed by Bubble Buddy that some bubble citizens have problems that need to be fixed, Spongebob instantly agrees to help them out. Than the episode briefly turns into a Western homage, with all the bubble blowing. Everything seems to be fine, until Spongebob accidentally steps on/in two innocent dogs, setting up a chain of DISASTER dominoes, which causes Spongebob to accidentally destroy at least HALF of Bubbletown, and when Spongebob SEES the damage he caused, even if it WAS an accident, he is understandably HORRIFIED about it, and doesn't even TRY to fight against going to jail! o.o His one phone call goes to Mr. Krabs. Pretty clever, that the phone turns INTO a bubble, and floats to Mr. Krabs! Unfortunately, Mr. Krabs is FAR more pragmatic in his approach to freeing Spongebob, and ends up PURPOSELY wrecking what's left of Bubbletown! Thankfully, Bubble Buddy had a HUGE bottle of Bubble Soap handy, so Spongebob could replace every single thing that had been destroyed! My favorite gags were "My Bubble Leg!", the Dirty Bubble's all too brief non-speaking jail-break appearance, and Mr. Krabs trying to convert bubble money into REAL money, only to find out that it's not possible! And I NEVER expected to hear a "Chinatown" reference in "Spongebob Squarepants"! Mr. Krabs: "Forget it, boy. It's Bubbletown!" :rolleyes: All in all, I'd give this episode an 8/10. Not as good as "Bubble Buddy", but FAR better than "Bubble Buddy Returns"! :cool: Enough said! ;)

I finally got to watching this one too, and goddamn, was it dark! But, the ending was at least a nice and funny one. Overall, great episode, I even agree with Klu, this is kind of better than the original. We get to see more of Bubble Buddy's town and see the interactions between them and the non-bubble people, even if they were chaotic. ? That opening was godly too. ?

This is a bit controversial, but this episode was kind of lacking for me. It's not a bad one, but I got a little disinterested in some parts.

The thing that saves this episode is the unique visuals, I love the designs of the city. However, the narration at the beginning felt kind of unnecessary. Bubbletown is pretty much..well... a BUBBLE version of a regular society, it makes the whole narration thing feel like an idea that had barely any thought. I also don't think Mr. Krabs should've been a plot point either, although his parts were fine enough.

All that said though, I loved the dark comedy of SpongeBob destroying Bubbletown. It takes the fact that bubbles are easily breakable and twists it dark on its head and it's awesome. Even with my complaints, it's a fine episode.

6/10

This was a very good episode. The location here was really nice, it was interesting to see how the bubbletown was like, and it makes good use of how it's made out of bubbles. Speaking of that, I like how the conflict is about Spongebob accidently popping the town, it makes sense and is entertaining. The episode has some dark humor (since it's about Spongebob and Mr Krabs destroying a whole town and species) and it's great. Also, both Spongebob and Mr Krabs are great in this, espicially Mr Krabs, for some reason I just love how he destroys a whole town and kills all its people and doesn't really care, it's amusing.

9/10