• Advertisement

238a. Appointment TV

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 TVs: BRAVO!
    • 4/5 TVs: Thanks SpongeBob! See you at home for Mermaid Man!
    • 3/5 TVs: I'm kind of in a rush because Mermaid Man's on and it's a lost episode...
    • 2/5 TVs: Normally I like working, but today is moving so slow...
    • 1/5 TVs: No real fan would miss it, not for the world!

mKB6oKt.png

Premieres: 

Sunday, October 28th @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, October 28th @ 2:00pm ET/PT

Plot:

The long-lost episode of "Mermaid Man" is finally showing on TV, but SpongeBob may not make it home in time to watch.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Grim

You know, I actually PREDICTED this would happen...kind of. WAY back in the TV.com days, when I did my OLD fan-fiction, "Spongebob and Friends", I predicted that in the event that something would happen to the OLD Mermaid Man (which unfortunately, it HAS happened to BOTH of his main voice actors, Ernest Borgnine AND Adam West), that Larry would take his place as the NEW Mermaid Man! :D Now, from the promo picture alone, I'm not sure if this is going to be a serious thing or if Larry is just cos-playing. But still, even just dressing up AS Mermaid Man, gives me VINDICATION for having THOUGHT of the idea TEN years ago! :cool: I can't WAIT to see what this episode ends up being about! Enough said! ;)

• Wow 1

This episode was rather fine to me. It wasn't the most original or funniest episode of the season but It entertained me enough and gave me some good laughs along the way. My favorite jokes have to be Patrick's rock being pulled, slow-motion Krusty Krab, OMJ cameo and the entire play. I liked that once agan it highlighted how giving SpongeBob is to many people and it was cute to see other characters creating a play for the lost MMBB episode for him. My complaints for this episode were that it just reminded me a lot of Best Day Ever and Overbooked with many similar plot points and some of gags annoyed me at times. Otherwise, I liked enough of what I've seen here.

Grade: B

This episode is like an almagamation of Overbooked and Best Day Ever, but easily better than those two.

Comedy is simply on-point. Characters are written flawlessly. Pacing is top-notch. And entire ending is SUPER heartwarming. 

I'd said more, but honestly, it's just plain old fun, that doesn't need analyzing. 

9/10.

Edited by Klu

In a way, this plot DID kind of remind of "Best Day Ever", only done MUCH better! :D For starters, we see Spongebob starting to take PRECAUTIONS! o.o Instead of just rushing out the door, he at the very least had the FORESIGHT to put a tape in the VCR (proving there is STILL a use for those), to record the episode in case he DOESN'T make it home in time! So not only does Spongebob have to work at the Krusty Krab, he has to replace Mrs. Puff's broken car wheel, with HIMSELF! :hysterical: Than he has to help Patrick get his rock back from the impound (who KNEW so many people OWNED rocks?!) Than he has to help Sandy fix her Tree Dome, than it just leads to one crazy help request after another, with even the Flying DUTCHMAN taking advantage of him! :rolleyes: So, Spongebob has CLEARLY missed the live broadcast of the MM & BB episode, but at LEAST he has his recorded tape...except for some INEXPLICABLE reason, the tape machine has caught on FIRE, and has RUINED all the hard work he has put into making a special night for watching his episode! I mean, you would practically have to HAVE no soul in order to NOT feel sorry for Spongebob by this point! Thankfully, this time Spongebob doesn't SCREAM to make his frustration felt this time, his friends CLEARLY realize that they had done wrong by him, so they make up a play version of the episode for him to see. Granted, they weren't THAT terrific acting in it, but that's pretty justifiable, given that they had less than a day to learn their lines. Still, Mr. Lawrence as Larry as Mermaid Man did a pretty good job, all things considered. The ending more than made up for Spongebob's frustrations he experienced in this episode, and even the appearance of one of the Old Man Jenkin's was surprising in this episode! All in all, I'd give this episode a 10/10!  :cool: Enough said! ;)

Alright I just watched Appointment TV and wow, it was freaking AMAZING. It's like a mashup of 2 tracks that go good when played along with each other. A nice, sweet mix of Overbooked and Best Day Ever made this another favorite of S11 in my book.

Well, most people already said what I wanted to say, but I enjoyed this one much more than I expected to; it was kind of like an improved version of Best Day Ever, with better characterizations. Actually, this episode is probably what Best Day Ever should've been in the first place. Although I feel it could've used more in terms of humor, there was still a decent amount of good gags, like "Who needs a tape of your own birth anyway?", SpongeBob acting as a tire, the impound yard scene, and OMJ's appearance at the end. Plus, that sweet, heartwarming ending is an absolute winner. I'd give this one an 8/10

This episode was good. I didn't really love it, but it did have a good plot, one that's relateable (trying to do or get to something in time) and I like how Spongebob's friends give him a mermaid man and barnacle boy episode, it was nice. The plot is its biggest strength, but it was still pretty funny at times.

8/10

I really liked this episode. I didn't really notice the similarities to other episodes until others pointed it out, but it doesn't bother me anyway. There were a lot of funny moments and it was real sweet when everyone reenacted the lost episode for SpongeBob- I really relate to him a lot in this episode such as wanting to get home to watch a new episode of my show, but the day moves slow for me, and feeling upset when I miss it. SpongeBob enjoying their play at the end was really sweet too.