• Advertisement

Happy 15th Birthday to Battle for Bikini Bottom!

Goobz

Battle for Bikini Bottom is a SpongeBob SquarePants video game for the PlayStation 2Nintendo GameCubeXboxGame Boy Advance, and PC, released on October 212003 (sorry I copy and pasted this lol)

Today's the day, this glorious 3D platformer shines for creating legacies on 6th gen consoles that lasted within the SpongeBob fandom and fans of 3D platformers, and even fans of video games in general for a whole decade and a half. 

Happy 15th, BfBB! :patdance2:

Still waiting for the day they announce a remaster of this game that also hopefully expands upon the game further.
Don't care what price they slap on the cover, I am buying that ASAP.

In the meantime, Happy Anniversary, BFBB, and to all the memories you have given me, I raise my glass!

11 minutes ago, Mike Geiger said:

Heavy Iron's site says October 31st, 2003... this is indeed confusing ?

Image result for this has turned into a difficult situation
No but really there are a bunch of different dates from different sources on when this game came out so...

Heavy Iron's site is probably right.

If you guys haven't noticed I was stupid enough to copy and paste this from the SpongeBob Wiki (AKA the godliest wiki ever)! ?

But now I declare this thread as a celebration of BfBB still being around for 15 years, not officially, but kind of.

I love this game, not only it's really fun to play, IT FEELS like SpongeBob, writing and atmosphere with little cute details are simply on-point!

I really hope that THQ Nordic will remake this game and release not only on consoles, but on PC as well. That crappy PC-version of BfBB needs to be forgotten forever.

10 hours ago, Klu said:

I love this game, not only it's really fun to play, IT FEELS like SpongeBob, writing and atmosphere with little cute details are simply on-point!

I really hope that THQ Nordic will remake this game and release not only on consoles, but on PC as well. That crappy PC-version of BfBB needs to be forgotten forever.

The PC version of this game is a spawn from Hell

11 minutes ago, IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:

The PC version of this game is a spawn from Hell

PC version of BfBB is top 10 anime bertrayals for me

I had a bottleg disk with all PC SpongeBob games and on the back of cover there were screenshots from PS2 version of BfBB

I was so excited to play that game...

1 minute ago, Klu said:

PC version of BfBB is top 10 anime bertrayals for me

I had a bottleg disk with all PC SpongeBob games and on the back of cover there were screenshots from PS2 version of BfBB

I was so excited to play that game...

PC version of BfBB ranks at number 1 on that list

I had the same experience playing the Movie Game, I installed it on my PC and when I saw the actual game, I was so disappointed.

Just now, IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:

PC version of BfBB ranks at number 1 on that list

I had the same experience playing the Movie Game, I installed it on my PC and when I saw the actual game, I was so disappointed.

Movie Game at least was a fun point-and-click adventure with good writing.

BfBB on PC just has several mediocre mini-games and painfully average writing. 

4 minutes ago, Klu said:

Movie Game at least was a fun point-and-click adventure with good writing.

BfBB on PC just has several mediocre mini-games and painfully average writing. 

Good point, I wished I could've played the console version of the Movie Game at that time (I can now ?) but the adventure was pretty fun in the PC version

I've never tried BfBB on PC before, I want to get it for my collection, but I also don't want to waste money on a game that's main game play consists of mini-games.

Edited by IAmAGoofyGoober2004