• Advertisement

Favorite Type of Candy

OWM

watch out for razor blades!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. aaaaa!!!

• Chocolate without nuts (Hershey, Kit Kat, Twix, etc)
    • Chocolate with nuts (Snickers, Reese’s, Butterfinger, etc)
    • Fruity (Starburst, Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, etc)
    • Hard (Jolly Ranchers, Candy corn, Breath mints, etc)
    • Lollipops
    • Licorice
    • Taffy
    • Other (specify and I might add it!)
    • I don’t like candy/don’t eat it

This poll is closed to new votes

Loser candy.

Fine, I prefer chocolate with nuts, especially ones from See's candies or Cadbury dairy milk with almonds. Non-nutty chocolate is also great, especially Dove and Lindt since I am a lowkey snob when it comes to that stuff, lmao. Hershey's and Nestle are both alright when it comes to chocolate (both nutty and non-nutty versions), but they taste too cheap to me. Tootsie rolls, on the other hand, are pretty much bottom-of-the-barrel when it comes to chocolate-flavored candies. I mean, I would eat a tootsie roll if I was given one, but it's not something that I would enjoy all that much.

For the most part, fruity candy is great, especially Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, and most Haribo brand products (especially gold bears), but if I was given the choice between a random piece of fruity candy or a piece of chocolate, I would choose chocolate. As for sour candies, I can handle stuff like Sweetarts, Zours, and Trolli candies quite well, but Warheads are a little too much for me. 

Hard candies are a bit of a mixed bag for me, as I actually enjoy Jolly Ranchers, those strawberry things, and Werther's caramels quite a bit. Candy corn, on the other hand, ew. I also feel ambivalent towards taffy since I like Laffy Taffy (except for that dreaded banana flavor) and some flavors of salt water taffy, but those orange and black taffy things leave a lot to be desired. Same goes for Bit-O-Honey. 

So yeah, my favorite type of candies are (good) chocolate, like anything from See's, Lindt, or Cadbury, and my least favorites are black licorice (that goes for anything black-licorice flavored, like Good n' Plenty, licorice jelly bellies, and All Sorts), circus peanuts, and anything with coconut (except for Raffaello).