• Advertisement

239a. The Grill is Gone

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Grills: Yay, the finish line!
    • 4/5 Grills: I got a plan, hold on!
    • 3/5 Grills: I can't steal something I already own!
    • 2/5 Grills: Where's the grill?
    • 1/5 Grills: The grill is gone.

(No promo image available)

Premieres: 

Sunday, October 21st @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, October 21st @ 2:15pm ET/PT

Plot:

When a gang of kids steal the Krusty Krab's grill, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs go to extreme lengths to win it back.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Grim

While I liked The Night Patty more personally, this one was still fine. The concept was a bit bare bones admittedly, but it managed to take it in an adequate direction, even if going from getting a grill back to a race was a bit jarring, but it's SpongeBob so whatever. I'm so glad they didn't make the kids irritating and obnoxious, because if they were, I probably wouldn't have tolerated this one much. The highlight of the episode for me was Krabs and SpongeBob's bonding, which is always nice when done right. Plankton's brief appearances were amusing, poor guy though. The end race aspect of the episode was well animated and entertaining. I don't really have much else to say on the episode, it did everything passably enough.

Grade: B

This episode is just hilarious from the start until the end. Probably the best Goodman's work in the season yet. Almost every joke worked and character dynamics awesomely played out. Mr.Krabs and SpongeBob were superbly written, especially SpongeBob, I loved how he showed his more smart, manipulative side this episode.

While premise as bare-bones as it can get, this episode has a ton of good comedy to make up for that.

I especially loved the moment when Plankton appeared out of nowhere, to participate in this race. I think that was a slight jab at many post-movie episodes where Plankton hajacked many plots into another "scheme-of-the-week" type of episode.

All in all, pretty solid episode, with a very few flaws.

8/10

If there one aspect that I love about this season,is that whatever how generically simple or dumb premise of episode is,it’s impossible to predict how it’s turns out.And this episode is a great example.Kids steal Krusty Krabs’ grill?How?Why?Where?What is this episode even about?That was my only thoughts when I read the synopsis of episode.

But you know what?This episode is just hilarious.As I say before,how dumb premise of episode was,execution always find a good use of creativity and crazy ideas that S11 has.And it’s another Mr Krabs episode?Yay!I really enjoyed that in majority of new episodes  writers make him more than just a bag of jokes about how greedy and cheap he can be.He just a fun protagonist here,all of his actings,dialogues,expressions,just a joy to watch.In terms of humor,epesode has a lot of hilarious visuals gags,especially love the beginning,where Spongebob cleaned the Krusty Krab,perfectly timed sequence,epesode share a fair dose of fun dialogues as well.And animation,it’s just great!Especially it was used so properly in race part,it’s give it so much energy and comedic vibe that made episode so enjoyable,always approved it.

Begin said,this episode is a win,Goodman made a good job with turned something boringly sounding to something...somethings like that was.Humor,story,characters,animation,everythig in episode is works enough to deserve...

924F0D26-FE51-403F-8E75-D331B66CE258.thumb.png.d018a401eed2ca27a1cb31ae42931b1a.png

I still like Night Patty more.

I honestly liked this one, maybe even more than I should've. The premise of the grill being some kind of race kart is really dumb, but I just rolled with it a bit. Thankfully the kids are not annoying, because they really could have killed the episode if they were. I wish they gave names for the kids though. Krabs is pretty funny in the episode, and I even liked the Plankton jokes too, even if they killed him :(((. I do think the beginning of cleaning the Krusty Krab was kinda pointless and leaning a bit into season 8 territory, but the episode becomes more fun once the kids get inttoduced. I don't know how they got the idea about a car race out of a plot of kids stealing the grill, but it kinda works. I'm sure we have had other car races in the show that I'm blanking on (maybe a part of The Hot Shot?), but this one feels unique, especially with Krabs acting like a kid skateboarding. My favorite joke is Krabs in a full body cast telling the story to the old people, only for the kids to ride the Krusty Krab. Overall, I think I like this one even more than The Night Patty, as this one was a good bit funnier. It's stupid, but it works.

7/10

A pretty unique concept episode, all things considered. Even though it really doesn't have that big of a plot point, "Spongebob Squarepants" once again proves that you don't always NEED to have a major plot point, to make an interesting episode happen! :D Bonus points to the writers for NOT making the kids NOT be annoying and offensive, just interesting characters for Spongebob and Mr. Krabs to beat! :cool: Also, I really loved how Plankton TRIED to hijack the plot TWICE, in order to win the grill for himself, only to get MASSIVELY hurt for his own troubles! :rolleyes: And Bubble Bass' cameos are always amusing, especially when they show his fixation with PICKLES, even if it was a "Blink and you'll miss it moment". I'm glad that they're exploring more aspects of Mr. Krabs and Spongebob's personalities in these episodes. It gives me a great hope for the series, that if the writers are STILL able to come up with fresh, interesting ideas in season eleven of this series, than they should be in GREAT shape for season twelve of this show! Disappointing that we didn't find out the names of these kids. Of course, given how the kids turned the Krusty KRAB into a go-cart at the end of this episode, it does set up a possible "Sequel Hook" for this episode, that maybe we'll get to see them again, and learn their names then! Overall, I'd give this episode an 8.4/10, only because this episode segment isn't as strong as it's partner segment. Enough said! ;)

I thought this episode was really good. I liked Night Patty better, but this one was enjoyable as well. SpongeBob and Krabs's competition with the kids was enjoyable. SpongeBob shows that he does know how to deal with naughty kids despite acting like a kid himself. But I side with Krabs on this, being an adult is better. Plankton's cameo was amusing as well. I'm glad Krabs and SpongeBob came out on top

What a fun fest! This is what I need from SpongeBob If it wants to be all action-packed ride. The premise is actually not that dumb to me. It's rather simple concept that either works or not but here it was just hell of amusement. I really liked Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob dynamic here. Mr. Krabs being all calm and rational about the missing grill (usually he freaks out about these stuff) and SpongeBob being the one to worry. But there's also Mr. Krabs' adult attitude mixes with SpongeBob's kid attitude and it creates something interesting with it. The antagonist kids here were pretty decent. Instead of acting like annoying babies, they acted like punks, which made them fun. The whole race sequence was awesome and creative. The comedy was on point. "Zip it, SpongeBob", Mr. Krabs acting like a baby for a second, paperwork/homework joke, Plankton's scenes and the whole end with kids stealing Krusty Krab as a ride. This episode isn't the most impressive of the season but it's definitely one that just wants you to have fun and I had a blast with it.

Grade: B+