• Advertisement

239b. The Night Patty

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Night Patties: Different, but I like it!
    • 4/5 Night Patties: Thanks for helping out SpongeBob!
    • 3/5 Night Patties: If only there was a Fry Cook in the house...
    • 2/5 Night Patties: Too bad the Krusty Krab doesn't have a night shift...
    • 1/5 Night Patties: You don't serve Krabby Patties!?

hD0x00S.png

Premieres: 

Sunday, October 21st @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, October 21st @ 2:00pm ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob helps out the Krusty Krab's night shift crew, but the customers crave something creepier than usual.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Grim

I thought this episode was fun. Not amazing, but it held my interest the whole way through and there were nice amusing bits. It was a different take on the usual Krusty Krab shtick we keep getting, which I'm all for at this point in the series. The bizarro night shift Krusty Krab was a nice change of pace and gave the episode its own atmosphere, which I appreciated. I like a creepy atmosphere, and this episode utilized well. SpongeBob and Patrick were written fine here, so that's a plus. All of the creatures they met were well designed and creepy (lol at Mildred returning tho, but at least he didn't play a big part?). I also liked that they reused a few Rock Bottom character designs. As for the night shift crew itself, I liked Squidabeth and the blobfish chef (which is actually the first time we've seen a blobfish on the show, so that was cool). I also liked that they brought back Nosferatu as the "boss", which I didn't see coming at all tbh. Now that's some nostalgia pandering I could get behind. As for other past episode callbacks: Spongy Spongy (from Cave Dwelling Sponge) made a cameo, and then of course we had The Fisherman's appearance (sadly not the same design from Don't Look Now though). Speaking of, I liked the twist that The Fisherman robbing the customers was a tradition at the night shift, which was funny. I was also really was surprised the brought The Tidal Zone ending back, although I had a feeling something was up with SpongeBob's night shift crew, I didn't expect them to reuse that gag. Overall, a pretty enjoyable episode and a fitting Halloween-esque episode.

Grade: B+

I will get out of the way my main complaint with this episode.

It isn't very funny. It's really light on comedy by season 11 standarts. It has some good jokes, like Nosferatu (just his presence on screen made me laugh hard, to be honest, his unnatural movement was the best), some lines here and there, some nice visual gags too. But, overall, this episode isn't the funniest ever and probably has less comedy than Library Cards, if you can believe me.

But.

This episode is so darn CREATIVE. It's REALLY fun to watch. Those different creatures, new characters, unique atmosphere, it's all great and awesome. This episode is prime case of style over substance, something I'd like to attribute for some episodes in the past, Sharks vs. Pods, for example. It's pefect episode to watch on Halloween and before Halloween, really gets you in the mood.

Plot-twist ending is also pretty much perfect and funniest part of the episode. I wished that this thing that was featured in the ending returned sometimes in the future and it DID, which was a good surprise. 

Overall, while not really funny, still really good. 

8/10

To start off, this episode could have been a lot funnier. The episode wasn't really that funny. It still had some decent gags, like Nosferatu (lmao good nostalgia pandering) and his weird movements like hugging the characters at the end, the guy robbing everyone, and the godly tidal zone ending, but those were more stand alone moments and they got more chuckles than big laughs. However, the atmosphere was fantastic. Part of the fun of the episode is looking around on the screen for the callbacks and weird colors in the background. The art just looks amazing, probably cause it's boarded by Kelly Armstrong, who makes the best looking episodes. They really nailed down the feel of a creepy Krusty Krab, and it makes the episode fun to watch, even if there is no story or end goal. It just is a lot of fun, even if I wished they put more a focus on jokes, but I think it is decent for this seasons standards.

7/10

also lmao bringing back Mildred of all characters

I'll change this a bit. The episode has good creepy atmosphere, but the lack of stakes or humor makes the episode feel kinda empty to me. The episode has good  visual appeal, but the rest is mediocre to me. It isn't bad, but I don't have any feelings towards it, and it reminds me a lot of how I feel about Farmerbob.

5/10

This episode was a good blend of both nostalgia, and new. Honestly; the only part that disappointed me, was the fact that they didn't bring Dinosaur Dan (from "Graveyard Shift"), back to play the night-time Fry Cook for the Krusty Krab, but that's a minor complaint. Glad to see that Glove World is up and running again, so I guess that means "Glove World R.I.P." is now officially cannon discontinuity. Hard to believe that NOSFERATU was the Night Time Manager, but it makes a lot of sense, given the twist ending! o.o Squidabeth and the Blob Fish Chef were pretty cool new characters, although, given the fact that this was a segment taking place in "The Tidal Zone", it's highly doubtful we'll ever get to see THEM again. Of course, given Nosferatu's return, it's NOT impossible. The Heart Man from "Valentines Day", and Spongey Spongey from "Cave Dwelling Sponge" making return cameo appearances were both pretty funny. And we get to see what The Fisherman from "Don't Look Now" TRULY looks like! And it was a pretty neat twist to see that his appearance was actually PART of the Night-time shift of the Krusty Krab! :D It actually kind of makes sense that the creatures from Rock Bottom, would like different types of food from what the Krusty Krab serves in the daytime, since they are largely different creatures, who eat different types of food! I like that Spongebob and Patrick were written really well in this episode, and "The Tidal Zone" ending completely came out of NOWHERE this time around! All in all, I'd give this episode a 10/10! :cool: Enough said! ;)

I thought this episode was great and a lot of fun. The Rock Bottom night shift customers were great along with the crew like Squidabeth (Never thought I'd hear that version of my name) and the cook. I never expected Nosferatu to be in charge of the night shift, it was a pleasant surprise. I liked the other cameos as well like Spongy-Spongy and the Fisherman. SpongeBob's smoke patties (forgot what they were called) were great too. The Tidal Zone ending was great too. I wonder if it's gonna  be a recurring thing for Halloween.

Now THIS, this is how you do The Twilight Zone parody! When they tried to do this in No Pictures Please, they only included a bizarre ending and rest of that episode was nothing but a normal story that made me disappointed in it. Here, they fully embraced the weirdness and it was amazing. I didn't expect them to go with The Tidal Zone joke again and this time it was funnier. What else to love about this episode? I just loved the whole story here. The night shift concept is done in the show before (Graveyeard Shift and Fear of a Krabby Patty) but this was entirely new concept. It's a brand new Krusty Krew that makes meal for creepy fish creatures and Mr. Krabs isn't even aware of it. I loved the fish designs here, as well as return of some Rock Bottom characters. The story here was a bit all over the place but the main thing was SpongeBob trying to adapt to the night costumers and workers and it was so much fun. The night crew was amazing. Female version of Squidward without all the angst was pretty likeable, the return of Nosferatu was hilarious, The (real) Fishmerman appeared and he was mistaken as a criminal by SpongeBob and it was godly. The night fry cook didn't leave much impression on me but he was decent here. The comedy wasn't the biggest focus here but I enjoyed some of gags with the weird meals they presented, the twist of the night shift being real or not was unexpected and hilarious and Patrick riding a huge train was the funniest Patrick moment in years. I don't have much complaints about this one, aside from the plot kind of being all over the place and The Glove World still exisiting after Glove World RIP episode is jarring (maybe it was all a fantasy...hmm). This episode succeeded in being a great The Twilight Zone parody and it was nothing but a creative and intriguing story.

Grade: A-

Good:

-Even thoughts episode sounds like something that show had done before,episode felt absolutely new to my look,thanks for all new characters and overall S11’s tone.

-Atmosphere is genuinely amusing.

-All of new fun characters,from backgrounds’ bottom feeders to Squidabeth and Fishman.

-Spongebob is such a nice protagonist in episode.

-Patrick was pretty alright here even if he has around 3-4 lines only.

-A lot of minor cameos/references from each era.

-Ending Twist is fits so perfectly to episode’s fever.

Bad:

-I have a feeling that last 1/3 of episode barely had any connection with the previous parts of episode,I mean,factually the whole premise of episode is that  Spongebob just having fun on night shift without main point,but damn,the last part of it is so out of the place.

-The whole part where costumes eat normal Krabby Paties is too gross and goes a bit too long than it should.(Minor)

-Fart joke?Luke,are you kidding me?(Minor)

Final Rating:

21310A71-3E9A-4AB1-8C95-DB69E834AA99.jpeg.a7ba9c4d4bc2cc8df1ad823ef60b2c35.jpeg

Atmosphere was so perfect of capturing that spooky vibe of when this episode premiered, in October, but this one felt a tad sloppy. Something about it felt kind of off. Still, it was alright!

This episode is one that goes for style over substance and while there's nothing really wrong with that.... the only real negative in this episode is that it barely has any jokes.

The fisherman conflict was also kinda forced in just so there could be some mild tension, but I loved the fact that he works there and steals from the place every night. It's just a super weird explanation and I'm a sucker for that kind of humor.

Other than the comedy, I will say the Rock Bottom and new fish designs are awesome AND this episode has a TON of callbacks. Post-sequel isn't new to them, but it's handled perfectly in this episode. There's alot to see in every section of the episode, but it's restrained enough so it isn't distracting. Plus alot of them are quick. They aren't just to older episodes either.

The cave sponge and the Tidal Zone, from the same season this episode is in mind you, also make clever appearances. (I also really hope the Tidal Zone is used for future supernatural-themed episodes.)

7/10

I didn’t post on this thread???

This episode is great and underrated IMO. I know it wasn’ the funniest, but the thing I love the most about this is the amazing atmosphere and animation. They are truly amazing and make this episode so fun to watch. My favorite part was The Fisherman part, really liked the fight there and how it turns out The Fisherman is good.

9/10

I've come to make an announcement

The Night Patty is a bitchass motherfucker, it pissed on my fucking wife. That's right, it took its wacky and weird dick out and pissed all over my fucking wife. 

Edited by TTLF
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4