• Advertisement

Favorite Pooh character and film

Inanimate Carbon Rod

Down in the Hundred Acre Wood, where Christopher Robin plays...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite character?

• Pooh
    • Tigger
    • Piglet
    • Eeyore
    • Owl
    • Kanga and/or Roo
    • Rabbit
    • Christopher Robin
    • other (pleez specifie [couldn't help but put the Milne-ish spelling there...])
  2. 2. Favorite featurette/film?

• Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
    • Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
    • Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too
    • Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore
    • The Tigger Movie
    • Piglet's Big Movie
    • Pooh's Heffalump Movie
    • Winnie the Pooh (2011)
    • Christopher Robin
    • I prefer the books.

(NOTE: Since I'll soon be leaving, this probs will end up being one of the last topics I'll be posting here.)

Recently, my interest in all things Pooh has been ignited when I saw some movie called Christopher Robin at a local theatre (great movie, by the way.), and even more so when I decided to pop Disney's original 1977 feature in the ol' DVD player. Charmed I was, by the simple naivety of the characters, unforgettable lines, and splendid humor which profusely shatters the fourth wall ("Quick! Turn the page!"). Thus, I felt like making this topic (making two separate topics for the films and the characters would be pointless IMO).

Anyways, with that introduction out of the way (I wouldn't want to ramble Owl-style in it, and thus making it stupefyingly long), which of the Hundred Acre Wood residents is your favorite, and which of the featurettes/films with 'em is your favorite? Personally, my favorite character's a tie between Tigger and Pooh, and my favorite movie's probably Blustery Day, because of the Heffalumps and Woozles sequence.

Edited by Wendy the Witch

Winnie the Pooh has been a part of my life for my entire existence; I've grown up with the silly old bear and his similarly charming friends and everything related to them has a special place in my heart. It wasn't always obvious after I started going to school, but in the last year or two my interest has become increasingly apparent and it never actually dissipated. I've had the TV video cassettes, a cot, all the films (except the original featurette film until recently)...even some nice looking books of the original Winnie the Pooh. Don't quite know where they are but I'll definitely have to find them.

My favorite characters have to be Pooh and Tigger. They've always stood out to me the most and I just adore them so much! I even have a Tigger hoodie that I love to wear, and it even got a person on my animation course to give me the nickname Tigger, so that's fun.

My favorite movie is actually one that isn't featured on this list: Springtime with Roo  For anyone who isn't aware of it, it's this Roo and Rabbit-centric movie that's essentially an Easter adaptation of Dickens A Christmas Carol - Tigger even references this fact when he begins taking on the role of the movie's equivalent Ghost of Christmas Past. I recently watched the movie again for the first time in literal years and fell in love with the songs and animation all over again; 2000's Pooh will always be my utmost favorite era of the franchise for all the movies that came out during it, as they are all rather whimsical in regards to the animation and Carly Simon is always a treasure (particularly with Piglet's Big Movie - With A Few Good Friends is my favorite WtP song).