• Advertisement

Yet another season 11 review topic.

Klu

Finally! Finally we behind mediocrity. Finally, I can talk about episodes that I actually... well, somewhat like. We still not yet on season 11's best of the best, but we getting closer. And since this point, some of my opinions will appear controversial to some. But by this point, I don't really care. If twitter can talk about how underrated season 6 is, I can talk about how I like some of the more unpopular episodes this season.

Number 40.

1000?cb=20180809125755

Writer(s):
Doug Lawrence
Storyboard Artist(s):
Brian Morante

First episode of season 11 by production order and not a bad one, but still kind of weak. This episode, along with it's sister - The Clam Whisperer, which I already talked about earlier, don't feel like they belong in season 11. They have many season 10's problems and they just feel like they were holdovers from it. But unlike TCW, this episode I actually consider light good. It is flawed, but entertaining for me. Let's dissect it, shall we?

Episode starts with SpongeBob's and Patrick's morning walk in the forest (SpongeBob: Patrick, are you enjoying our early morning nature hike? Patrick: It's cutting into my early morning nature nap.) and accidentally find mysterious looking cave, which looks absolutely gorgeous inside!

latest?cb=20170924201157

And after string of questionable quality gags with Patrick's tongue, SpongeBob, again, accidentally, releases ancient cave sponge from his ice prison. This sponge really likes sound of Spongebob's shoes (too relatable) and it decides to follow him. Following SpongeBob around, cave sponge (which I will call Spongy Spongy from now on) destroys city property, making Bikini-Bottomites legitimately angry. And since Spongy Spongy is only other sponge in town that remotely square-shaped and yellow colored, SpongeBob is arrested for crimes he didn't do. 

This episode's plot actually fairly interesting and has solid structure. It's three act story with clear goals and stakes. Mixing up SpongeBob and Spongy Spongy isn't as contrived as it can seem at first, because Spongy Spongy is looking kind of like SpongeBob and if we take into account that other sponges that we see on the show look more like this:

267?cb=20180803015955

and not this:

350?cb=20180114092551

You can see this confusion more or less justified. I like episode's climax with SpongeBob and Spongy Spongy dance number and pretty funny plot-twist. I liked many jokes this episode too. It has some good quotes, like that exchange between SpongeBob and Patrick in the beginning or Squidward's dialogue with Spongebob at Krusty Krab:

"SpongeBob: Good morning, Squidward!

Squidward: It was."

Funniest part of the episode is definitely Perch Perkins, who got the funniest one-liners in the episode. Another good quality about this episode is Mr.Krabs' characterization, which actually carries on with most of season 11. He is more of a father figure to SpongeBob, like in season 1, much more likable and fun to watch. His character improvement one of the season's highlights and you can clearly see where it starts here. Spongy Spongy is fine character too, even if SpongeGar from "Ugh" won't be beaten.

Episode is pretty flawed though. I really didn't liked Spongy Spongy's scenes at Krusty Krab. They felt kind of pointless and weren't that funny. I also didn't cared for some gags this episode, like that Patrick's tongue in the beginning. And while I like this plot, it isn't the best plot in the world and I'd liked more comedy or more focus on story to compensate. But overall. I can say that this episode is fairly entertaining and fine way to start off this season, but could've been better.

6/10

Next review will be about episode which centers around certain character that appears way too much lately, according to some season's detractors. Until then, see ya, and don't forget to move your bubble bass. :funny:

• Like 2

Number 39.

1000?cb=20180316205614

Writer(s):
Mr. Lawrence
Storyboard Artist(s):
Fred Osmond

This is one of the few season 11 episodes that got worse on re-watch. I still like it, but not as much as I did before. This episode has a lot of good things, but bad things as well.

At first I want to talk about interesting fact, post-sequel is famously more fond of "radar-dodging" humor than season 6 to 9a ever did (besides gross out, of course), and has several innuendos, dark jokes (that are mostly funny) and UNMENTIONABLES. This episode's title originally was going to be "Move your Bubble Bass", and that's really the shame that it was changed. For how much SpongeBob actually can get away with this days, is this what hurt censors the most? I guess we will never know.

Okay, let's get to the actual episode. It starts with Bubble Bass' talk-show and while we on the topic of Bubble Bass, I guess I will tackle his inclusion in post-sequel. Some people aren't fans of his constant appearances lately and I really don't know why. Show had the same cast without any additions or changes for years, Bubble Bass as a character was wasted by not appearing at all after season 1 until one season 8 episode, so using this character for it's full potential is a bad thing now? It's not like they ruined him or anything, since in his original appearance "Pickles" he haven't got too much character to begin with. He is stereotypical over-weight nerd with a big ego (like most of internet's population :funny:) without much depth. So season 11 just expanded those character traits and that's all. One thing that I think can be said about "ruining the character" is that SpongeBob no longer is on offence with Bubble Bass anymore. But I don't think that this is a bad thing. Pre-movie crew themselves thought that making "rival" character for SpongeBob is... kind of wrong. That's primary reason Squidward got rival in Squiliam, while SpongeBob's rival Bubble Bass quickly was forgotten. SpongeBob is somewhat competetive, but he is the nicest and kindest person in this show after all, so having consistent rivalry with someone can be seen as OOC for him. 

Okay, I went slightly off-topic again, let's return to the actual episode. After Bubble Bass is brought down to earth by his mother, BB decides that he is sick of living in her basement and wants to move out to his grandma's basement. This as amusing as it sounds. But his mother got a point - he cant't (and doesn't want to) do it by himself. So he decides to give SpongeBob and Patrick (aka two "able-bodied idiots") this hard task to do which he will pay with free lunch later. 

This plot sounds amusing, Bubble Bass as a character as funny as ever, this episodes sound like a classic. But what's went wrong? Basically, every scene with Bubble Bass is comedy gold. SpongeBob and Patrick's stuff is... Hit or miss. This picture basically sums it up pretty well:

vlcsnap-2018-12-08-16h04m40s742.1544270848.png

This episode contains one of the funniest slapstick and visual gags all season, but also most of the more dreadful ones too. It was a mistake to make SpongeBob and Patrick the ENTIRE focus of the episode. That could've been easily fixed if BB didn't just disappeared in the middle of the episode. He could've look after how SpongeBob and Patrick doing their job, making snarky comments and getting punished for it. This middle section has some decent gags, but it could've been MUCH better done. So many gags of questionable quality would've gotten much better punch-line.

So yeah, there's that dreadful middle of the episode which has hit or miss humor and strong beginning/ending. This episode gets 6/10. I rated it higher before, but SpongeBob and Patrick are mostly not as fun to watch and episode feels a bit wasted in this regard. I still consider it "light" good, but it certainly isn't the strongest stuff season has to offer.

Well, this episode was the last one that I rate lower than 7/10. Now we can get to actual good stuff and some truly controversial picks, in other words:

See ya then!

• Like 2

Number 38.

1000?cb=20180926195514

Writer(s):
Kaz
Storyboard Artist(s):
John Trabbic

This episode... Is somewhat divided. And I'm almost certain that I'm one of the few people here that genuinely like it. But let me explain why I find it good, even it is the "worst" good episode and almost 6/10. 

Let's start with with the plot. Episode starts with Plankton trying to steal the formula once again, only to be caught by cop that randomly appears in Krusty Krabs. She arrests him, making old man Krabs happy for a while, but then she reveals that secret formula that Plankton stole is going with her, since this is an evidence of his crime now. Krabs and SpongeBob now have to pretend to be the cops to return the formula back (since SpongeBob can't cook without it) and meanwhile Plankton tries to escape the prison barely tolerating Patrick, that also in the prison.

I like this episode's plot. And how Kaz returned to format of a-plot and b-plot, making pacing in this episode very tight. I like a lot of comedy here, there's a lot of good one-liners, puns and amusing situations. This episode is a bit more grounded in terms of wacky expressions, which is a good thing once in a while. I love Krabs/SpongeBob dynamic. Season 11 for most part just NAILED it. They have a lot of cute and funny moments together and their's plot is very entertaining.

But we got to episode's negatives... Plankton's plot. For starters, Plankton is a bit dumb in this episode, which I didn't cared for much, but it wasn't the worst the could've done with him. Patrick on other hand legit feels unneeded. I liked how he got drunk after Goofy Goober ice-cream, nice radar-dodging joke and reference to the first movie, but it was his only amusing moment in the entire thing. It isn't his worst appearance in this season, but his abnoxious behavior and ICE CREAM GAG drag this episode down a LOT.

If not for Patrick I'd rated this episode a lot higher, since I loved the comedy and Krabs/SpongeBob dynamic, but alas, episode as it is was pretty entertaining. Some episodes that will come after won't be as funny as this one, but much more consistent in overall quality, will have better written characters and (usually) lack stupid gross-out jokes. So yeah, this episode was basically dragged down by single scene, but that scene was terrible, almost "To Love a Patty" tier of grossness.

There's isn't too much to say about this episode though, I like it, but besides terrible ice-cream joke, there's isn't anything too noteworthy about how bad it is, or jokes that are THAT good to be analyzed. Just entertaining episode overall, but could've been better without Patrick.

Won't be the last time I will be saying this.

7/10

Next episode is gonna be interesting to talk about, since it's one of the two Patrick episodes this season that I actually liked. It sometimes makes me think that it isn't even here. See ya later.

• Like 2

I also found Call the Cops to decent. It's not the best material of s11 and Patrick scenes certainly dragged down the entire thing but I always enjoy Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob dynamic. Them pretending to be cops was so much hilarity. Nothing else to say about this one but it's a one that I like for sure.

Number 37.

1000?cb=20180809140206

Writer(s):
Mr. Lawrence
Storyboard Artist(s):
Fred Osmond

Okay, hear me out. I think that this episode is severely underrated. I can see why it's not that enjoyable for many and it has some flaws, but personally? It's pretty good. Not AMAAAA-ZIN', but good. Let's talk about it more and why I think it deserves a bit more praise than it actually gets.

Plot starts with narration that parodies iconic show "The Twilight Zone". In SpongeBob it's "The Tidal Zone" and I really like concept behind this.

latest?cb=20171107105613

It's a good way to make especially bizarre episodes, didn't making them canonical, if this word even applies to SpongeBob. They can get away with batshit insane premises and much more surreal humor, but... This episode doesn't do much with it. Or I thought that. But we return to that later. 

After that narration we introduced to Patrick, who somehow ends up on bus station and demands a balloon (secret origins of Squeaky, most beloved character in s11?), I find this scene pretty amusing, thanks to especially expressive, but not overboard animation and funny dialogue, from PATRICK, no less (THIS SIR, IS PENOSTOROUS! I DEMAND RESTITUTION!), after this scene bus with tourist arrives and all of them, tour guide included, wanted go to toilet and in this confusion, tour guide accidentally lost his hat. Patrick picks it up and his reflection in the mirror tells him that with it he could be a tour guide. Patrick being Patrick don't question this bizarre occurrence and tours last tourist from that bus, Rube, to various locations in Bikini-Bottom.

This episode seems at first too mundane for "The Tidal Zone" premise. But actually, in my opinion at least, this episode is much more subtle with it gags than most season 11 episodes. This episode is much more surreal and weird compared to most other recent episodes of the show, subtle gags and details make feel this episode overall a bit... Off. Like that reflection in the mirror bit, gag with Squidward smashing his door, than his house, than sky?.. Cemetery bit and of course the ending. Maybe I'm reaching here, but in my eyes, this episode gets better on re-watched, because you get to notice those instance of more surreal humor even by season 11 standards. Even besides that episode has several strong gags and amusing one-liners (If you look on your left... You miss everything on your right! and No one wants to see your moles., for example). Definite highlight of this episode is ending, which not only hilarious, but one of the best scene in post-sequel as a whole, at how clever it is. Entire episode feels kind of weird, but in a subtle ways, so subtle, that viewer may not notice them on first watch at all and can forget about "The Tidal Zone" scene in the beginning completely, so ending catches you off-guard. It's funny and in-spirit with weirdness this episode brings.

No_Pictures_Please_157.1544885961.png

But unfortunately this episode isn't as good as I'd like it to be. My main issue that episode could've used more comedy and weirdness. I appreciated how more-or-less it was subtle during entire episode, but I think it could've gone a bit more crazy to make this episode even more worthwhile. Besides that, some gags are just straight up lame. Like entire scene in SpongeBob's pineapple and Sandy's treedome bit. But overall, this episode solid experience and introduces one of the new recurring themes in the show, which is appreciated. That won't be the last time we will be seeing "The Tidal Zone", in the episode, that utilizes concept to it's fullest potential. 

This episode gets 7/10. It's good introduction to "The Tidal Zone" and has some clever things and gags going for it, also having one of the more entertaining Patrick appearances this season, but episode could've used a bit more absurdness and comedy to be somewhat better than it ended up being. But overall solid episode that fun to watch.

Next episode will have to reconsider if you want to takes deliveries from Krusty Krab. See ya then!

Edited by Christmas Klu?
  • Like 3

Just now, Coffee_lover said:

Call the Cops is lame and unremarkable.No Pictured Please is genius.

I'm waiting for your NPP review in your s11 topic

If you going to include in your top 15 best

Number 36.

1000?cb=20180807003358

Writer(s):
Kaz
Storyboard Artist(s):
Brian Morante

This episode is good, but hard to talk about, since it's clearly one of the more "filler-y" episodes of the season. Number of 50 episodes is ridiculous, so some episodes sometimes feel like they exists just to fill Nickelodeon's orders and nothing more. With only 4 writers on the crew, this size is especially ridiculous. But to episode's credit, it's one of the better "filler" episodes, since, while it haven't got anything much outstanding, it was pretty entertaining to watch. So let's try to dissect it.

Episode starts with SpongeBob delivering Krusty Krab meal to some office. After some gags, SpongeBob finally is in the office of the lady that ordered the food. But accidentally SpongeBob drops it on the floor and makes a mess. And since SpongeBob is such an honest and nice guy he promises to clean the place up later, not just this lady's office, but entire building as well. Little did he know, that there's already robot-cleaner that has this job...

This plot as simple as it can get. It's more of an excuse to tell jokes and I have no problems with that. This episode isn't hilarious, but it's got many funny, chuckl-worthy bits. Seppuku joke, that guy that never leaves the building, "Not trashy" line etc is all good, while not great, stuff. My main issue with this episode is exactly that. He does the bare minumum, but nothing more. While "Cops" just had terrible Patrick and "Pictures" lacking middle half, this episode is more or less consistent through out, which, on one hand, is a good thing, but on other hand, it makes this episode just... existing. If Kaz did more with comedy, this episode could've been much more memorable, but in result, it's good, but nothing special. I don't even have any significant issues with it, like some terrible character writing or bad jokes, this episode's problem isn't in it's content, but more in what it's actually lacks. 

7/10

Next episode is good, but kind of lacking as well. You better believe that magic is magical by the time I will review it! See ya later. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Coffee_lover said:

If next episode is gonna be Spin the Bottle I gonna lose all respect for you.

well, that's sad, I guess

In short, I like this episode, but I think it could've been done a bit better and other episodes that I will review later I think are much stronger, that's all. I will explain my points in the review tommorow.

Besides, you DID put Grandmum's in your worst list and I didn't lost respect for you.

• Hug 1

Both No Pictures Please and Krusty Kleaners are okay to me.

NPP had a fantastic end that introduced a potential mini series within a series but it could have gone better with its premise. I don't find Patrick bad in here but he was not the good pick for tour guide to Rube and speaking of Rube, he should have been more interesting than just being amazed by weirdness of Bikini Bottom because that aspect didn't make.me care for him and i found AMAZING gag to be a bit irritating.

Krusty Kleaners was basic SpongeBob/ Patrick mess everything up episode but at least the episode had enough good gags to be tolerable not good enough for me.

• Like 1

Number 35.

1000?cb=20180809005443

Writer(s):
Kaz
Storyboard Artist(s):
Fred Osmond

Right of the bat, I can say that this episode needs much more appreciation, than it actually gets. It's no masterpiece and I will get into why is that, but it is solid and relatively simple, normal, "down to earth" by SpongeBob's standards, episode, something that straight out of 9b by feel and comedic timing. But at the same time this episode retains some of 9b's flaws. But let's get to the actual episode itself.

Episode is another "Imitation Krabs"-type story, where Plankton disguises himself as someone (in this case, genie), to steal the krabby patty formula. This type of episodes was basically killed by season 7, which featured THREE EPISODES with premises that were almost identical and were all mediocre at best and awful at worst. But "Married to Money" was surprisingly good take on this type of story, with refreshing episode structure, story, comedy and emotion. At least, in my opinion. Let's see how this episode handles this type of story in comparison.

Episode starts with Karen finding fancy looking bottle, which has disguised Plankton inside. Plankton reveals Karen his plan, which is so stupid, that I can't do it justice by re-telling it, I will just quote Plankton: "It's my new scheme, Karen. I get Krabs to believe I'm a genie, I break this bottle, and then he's gonna put me in another bottle.". This plan is dumb and this is one of my episode's gripes. I know, it's a comedy, but come on, this plan isn't that believable to feel any threat from Plankton and it also isn't humorous enough to pass as a joke. Kaz just wanted an excuse to make Plankton into a genie and his justification for that was... weak. At least Karen made fan of this plan, which was chuckle-worthy, not gonna lie. Later, Plankton tries to get this fancy bottle (with him inside) to Krabs' house, but he doesn't notice it and later regards as garbage. SpongeBob, though. sees it at face-value and he commands Plankton to grant his wishes to make his friends happier.

Main strength of this episode is comedy. It has lots of amusing moments and quotes and features the funniest Patrick of the season. He written perfectly in KAZ episode, no less. He is funny, likable, dumb, but he doesn't feel like brain-dead. He got the funniest parts of episode too, best wish (Noggin), lines and that unexpected knowledge or the REAL version of spin the bottle game and his strong desire to play it. Other characters got amusing moments too and SpongeBob is pretty likable here. I like how he selfless and friendly in this episode, never wishing anything for himself, instead giving his wishes to others. 

But episode has one problem. It's good, yes, I'm not gonna lie. But it could've been SO MUCH BETTER. Season 11 is crazy. Trippy. Unpredictable. Borderline insane, wild... I can go on and on. And this episode feels so "safe", it's not even funny (this fact, not episode itself).

My main gripe with 9b, that it took barely any risks at all. It felt like imitation of pre-movie SpongeBob that does EVERYTHING in it's power to not anger SB fans. They did it well, since most fans love 9b the most out of all post-sequel. But I personally prefer, maybe more flawed things, but things that go forward, take risks, change something! 
Spin the Bottle feels so bland in comparison to the rest of the season. Character writing is simple and unremarkable (besides Patrick and Plankton, I like how SpongeBob nice, but he haven't got any depth this time around), comedy is good, but not great. This episode just didn't used concept of the episode to it's fullest potential and that's sad. Plankton haven't gotten any wish to do that was truly crazy or funny besides Noggin bit. Animation feels relatively simple too, this time around, no memorable expressions or set-pieces, it's fluid, it's competent, looks good, but again, not great. 

This is funny episode and doesn't have any real flaws. If it was in 9b or season itself wasn't that wild, I'd rated it a bit higher. But as it stands, this episode just didn't do much with it's premise and original bulk (Plankton disguising himself) was done to death anyway by this point.

Hell, Married to Money took more risks and turns than Spin the Bottle. 

So overall, maybe it's sounds a bit contrived, but my problem with this episode is similar to Krusty Kleanears with a bit smaller scale. My problem isn't what episode had, but what episode lacks. And episode lacks more craziness and creative moments to shine. 

7/10. 

Next episode is horror-themed. Not very Christmas-y, but this season is kind of "horror" themed by itself anyway. See ya next time. 

Edited by Christmas Klu?
  • Like 2

I really conflicted with your statement to rate this episode below Patnocchio.Not the craziest?Maybe,but it’s just episode noticeably want to mixed it’s balance of animation for be different and unique with other S11 episodes in compilation(it’s not like Squirrel Jelly or Library Cards where both really bland or barely try something at all for no reason).And I cant really say that episode doesn’t take risks.Complain about characters is odd as well,they obviously just been written as portrayed as lesson to younger audience that be greedy is not all that good.Humor is a subjective matter so not gonna say anything here even though I think that episode has a lot of great gags."if episode would be in 9b I’d rate it higher"is lol.With this logic Surf and Turf also bland and has no risks because animation isn’t as crazy as in Clam Whisperer.It’s not like I want to offense you here,but I really don’t get you.

Also how dare you said that episode has no memorable expression when it gives to us this 

8D2CcdV.jpg 

Edited by MLG Vanilluxe

1 minute ago, Coffee_lover said:

I really conflicted with your statement to rate this episode below Patnocchio.Not the craziest?Maybe,but it’s just episode noticeably want to mixed it’s balance of animation for be different and unique with other S11 episodes in compilation(it’s not like Squirrel Jelly or Library Cards where both really bland or barely try something at all for no reason).And I cant really say that episode doesn’t take risks.Complain about characters is odd as well,they obviously just been written as portrayed as lesson to younger audience that be greedy is not all that good.Humor is a subjective matter so not gonna say anything here even though I think that episode has a lot of great gags."if episode would be in 9b I’d rate it higher"is lol.With this logic Surf and Turf also bland and has no risks because animation isn’t as crazy as in Clam Whisperer.It’s not like I want to offense you here,but I really don’t get you.

Also how dare you said that episode has no memorable expression when it gives to us this 

BD83E420-381C-4F30-9728-DCC8B07EE45D.thumb.jpeg.5bb77fcee007a9b6fed8f0d1b092af81.jpeg 

I meant risks not in animation department, and more in story department. It's not as imaginative as Soup or trope-averting as Bottle Burglars. And Patnocchio isn't too far off anyway, but it is more crazy and imaginative than this one. This is the quality that I like the most about season 11. I can see why you may like it more (and to be honest, I like most episodes that range in 7/10 and 8/10 almost equally).
And yeah, this frame is golden, not gonna lie.

I would have rated both a bit higher. I think kleaners made full use out of a bad premise with good humor. Nice balance of good animation and slapstick.

Bottle isnt too special, but the jokes are good. Pacing felt clunky,and not every joke hit the funny bone, but still a fine ep.

• Like 1

Spin the Bottle isnt one of my favs from s11 but i remmeber that it's a pretty good episode. It was just fun seeing plankton acting like a genie but they could have gone with more creativity and i remember ending of it being so off. Rehardless its a fine ep.

• Like 1

Number 34.

1000?cb=20180809140746

Writer(s):
Chris Allison
Ryan Kramer
Kaz

Storyboard Artist(s):
Chris Allison
Ryan Kramer

This season has a lot of horror and halloween episodes, if you think about it. I don't know why it is, but I can safely say that most of them are excellent, so I'm not complaining. This episode in particular is one of SpongeBob's staples that appeared in post-movie first. B-movie parody. I don't know why this kind of parody works so well with SpongeBob, but it does and most of b-movie episodes in the past were quite liked by post-movie standards, the best and most well-liked being "Planet of the Jellyfish", one of my personal favorite episodes out of s6-9a era of the show. But let's see how post-sequel tackles this type of episode. 

Episode starts rather slow, with "another usual day at Krusty Krab". This opening is rather boring to watch, especially after how post-movie REALLY overused it. This episode didn't fare with it much better, since it's does nothing new (besides establashing that krabby patties are well-liked and "perfect", but for anyone who watches show for many years, that's nothing new), besides padding episode. That long uncomfortable gag with SpongeBob and Krabs laughing is especially... ugh. But at least it gave us Pepe Krabs:

latest?cb=20171022164932

And Pepe Krabs is godly, so this introduction isn't entirely wasted. Well, plot actually starts, when Krabs gives food to GODDAMN MILLENNIALS, I mean, hipsters, who don't care much for it. Krabby Patties are too old and boring for them. This brings the question, why, exactly, they came to Krusty Krab in the first place, then? This cafe known ONLY for Krabby Patties and if they grown tired of them, what did they expect? 

Okay, I probably looking way too much into this, but I don't like how Kaz lately is so lazy creates conflicts in his episodes, but oh well. 

Other customers want something fresh and different too, so Krabs has no choice but to go back to his secret lab with SpongeBob, where he and Sandy experiment on food. Sandy creates new type of krabby patty, which of course wasn't tested yet, but Krabs doesn't care and he brings food to hipsters. They enjoy it quite a bit, as other customers do as well, except for SpongeBob, who prefers old Krabby Patties and doesn't want to try new ones. But after a while everyone start to turn into krabby patty zombies, in quite disturbing and somewhat gross fashion. Entire town is under zombie Apocalypse and it's up to SpongeBob, being one of the few unaffected, to save the day.

I like this story, it's simple, but effective parody of zombie movies. Comedy in this episode is okay, I guess? It has many good visual gags (besides that awkward laughing gag at the start) and some amusing dialogue as well, like Bubble Bass appearance: "Really, Krabs? Is this some kind of new promotional gimmick? Surely, you can do better than this, Eugene. I mean,you even wasted real pickles on this cheap costume? Pretty insulting, if you ask me." or "moments later" bit. But overall, comedy in this episode, while good, isn't the strongest. This episode mostly gets winning points for good atmosphere, crazy story and even crazier animation. Speaking of animation, animation in this episode is superb, one of the best in the season really. Expressions are creative, animation is even more energetic and fluid than usual. This episode one of the few this season that can qualify as "gross-out" episode, but honestly? It's one of the best gross-out episodes in the series. Not only because gross elements actually have reason to be here, but also because of cartoony animation and simplistic (in a good way) designs, visuals aren't that gross at all.  But what about characterization? Well, characters in this episode are fairly simplistic, but it isn't character driven episode anyway. SpongeBob is a good and likable protagonist and since he mostly by himself most of the episode, other characters aren't that important. They serve their function and that's perfectly fine.

Overall, this is nice horror movie parody episode, but still not the best in the series, mainly because comedy is kind of lacking in this one. Don't get me wrong, this episode has fair share of laughs, but episodes like "Planet of the Jellyfish" had good comedy with good story that parodies b-movies, while this episode has cool story and not so good comedy. But animation, story and atmosphere certainly make this episode to watch and while this episode isn't funniest in the world, it has it's moments. 

7/10.

Pick for my next episode is... Quite controversial probably? Next episode is another parody, but this time, fairy tale parody, with Patrick no less... Doesn't sound appealing so far, is it? But oh well, see ya next time.

• Like 2

Honestly first couple of minutes and humorlessness of the episode didn't make me quite like this one. Even the story was done in the show before, even if this one haa some diffierent spins. But last couple of minutes were entertaining and thrilling. Obviously not one of the best horror themed episodes but it was passable enough for me.