• Advertisement

X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Jinjo

Why do Xavier, Magneto and Mystique still look so young after 30 years? Care to explain Kinberg?

For getting positives out of way, this time Phoenix is an actual cosmic entity and we'll get actual aliens in this conflict (I bet its Shi'ar Empire), so I'm excited for actual cosmic shit in X-Men after all these years. 

But sadly trailer reminded me all of Last Stand and previous X-Men movies (Xavier controlling people, Magneto retirement yada yada) and I don't wanna be part of X-Men with Mystique as leader (make it Cyclops or Storm dammit).

The trailer wasn't bad and I'm ok with Morrison X-Men costumes but I just can't get excited for repeat of Last Stand. 

• Like 1

Hey this is taking place in the mid nineties before the original trilogy!  What a difference seven years makes, right?

8ea0b60f554a285adfc08e77b46552d6.gif

Seriously though, I hate to sound like everyone else on the internet but I still can’t believe they are doing this story so soon.  The Last Stand was just over twelve years ago.  There are so many other stories they could have done.  Simon Kinberg already proved to us that he couldn’t handle one of the biggest bad guys in ALL of the Marvel Comic Universe with Apocalypse.  Shoot he was one of the writers of The Last Stand.  Why should we trust him to direct The Last Stand Take 2?

This trailer did absolutely nothing for me.

• Like 2

Honestly, one of the least hyped trailers of a superhero movie I've ever seen. This is entirely useless considering that they're in the process of selling the X-Men rights to Marvel Studios. This should have never made it to the big screen.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 1:37 AM, TJ said:

Honestly, one of the least hyped trailers of a superhero movie I've ever seen. This is entirely useless considering that they're in the process of selling the X-Men rights to Marvel Studios. This should have never made it to the big screen.

Honestly I really want this movie and New Mutants to be last from FOX and retire X-Men for a long time because at this point I don't even know what they can do further at this point. They should have wrapped up young X-Men after Apocalypse and they are just reusuing same elements at this point and I still think it's too early to get a MCU X-Men movie. Let the franchise rest and couple of years later, for goodness sake make an actual X-Men movie that actually develops the team, have colorful costumes that identify them, have different X-Men members and villains (when is Mr. Sinister as big bad?) and be more over the top and ballsy than being all moody over and over. I want X-Men to be actual superheroes that wants to protect the world they are feared to prove they are not a threat.

Not the mention that they are still reconsidering for a Gambit movie and have Gambit as womanizer tells that they can't respect the characters and its mythos anymore.

I mean, this was much better than first trailer and I'm still happy they recognized that Phoenix is cosmic entity but I'm still scared for this movie to fail miserably. I wish they'd pick a new story for mutants already, so tired of them milking Claremont stuff.