• Advertisement

How would you feel if SpongeBob did a crossover, and is it possible?

President Squidward

Saw someone on SBM talk about how come there was never a SpongeBob/Fairly OddParents crossover. So, me, known for my ridiculous Squidward crossover phases, was wondering, would a crossover for SpongeBob with any of the characters or the show itself ever possibly work, or would it just come off as lazy and overall terrible and unnecessary? 

I mean for starters, they ARE underwater creatures. How would they even breathe on land (though I'm wondering how the fuck did they breathe when they were on land in Sponge Out of Water but that isn't the topic here lmao)? I feel if back at its prime, a SpongeBob/FOP crossover wouldn't have worked well at all. Like if you forget the fact that FOP went on for WAY TOO LONG and the fact that Butch Hartman is known to be a scumbag, I feel it would've have been as good as the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour. I guess even with my Squidward crossovers, seeing something with him and a crossover character would be hard to execute well. I don't think SpongeBob is fit with the idea of a crossover besides maybe the Nick video games. I don't know, I think it would be nice to see someone like say, Karl Hadrika draw a Squidward crossover though. :funny: A boy can dream.

I know a lot of Loud House fans want the show to crossover with SpongeBob, which sounds like the worst crossover idea ever. There's a change.org petition with 731 SIGNATURES. I SWEAR TO GOD IF NICK DID THAT I WOULD RANT FOR DAYS ABOUT IT. I doubt it would happen but you nevertheless know with a network like Nickelodeon... here's the cringe petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/nickelodeon-make-a-spongebob-loud-house-crossover

anyway what are your thoughts about this? Would their ever be a way for a SpongeBob crossover to be executed well?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of crossovers to begin with, and Spongebob is one of the most difficult series to even pull that off with, considering the underwater setting. I don't think it would work very well if they ever did make a crossover. Even if it were possible, what would they make a crossover with? There's not enough dynamic in The Proud House (yes i call it that) for anything to work with that and a lot of other ideas likely wouldn't work well either so I believe it would be best to leave crossovers off the table when considering Spongebob.

Squidicula and Squnschpunsch are exceptions but they're godly so that's an unfair comparison

It's kinda hard to imagine what other show would be a perfect match-up to crossover with SpongeBob. In fact, we can only dream that SpongeBob would see a crossover outside of the Nicktoons franchise because the creator himself is said to disregard the idea of crossovers. This is pretty much one reason why fanfiction exists.

And besides, why would we need a Loud House / SpongeBob crossover when we already have Squnschpunsch? (Also, change.org is the very least we should expect for a website to accomplish anything.)

16 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

I think a cross-over could work, and what COULD make it work, is if it was done respectably, and HOPEFULLY, with a sense of logic (if such a thing is possible), within the rules of each respective (probably) Nicktoon franchise. Enough said!

So how would you feel if Squidward and Wunschpunsch happened :funny: