• Advertisement

235a. Plankton Paranoia

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Planktons: Surprised, Krabs?
    • 4/5 Planktons: I'm right here, at the Chum Bucket!
    • 3/5 Planktons: Slow down there, grandpa...
    • 2/5 Planktons: Can I get some ketchup over here!?
    • 1/5 Planktons: I will never set food in this establishment again!

I2bqmuE.png

Premieres: 

Wednesday, September 26th @ 6:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

Plankton hasn't tried to steal the secret formula in a while...and that's making Mr. Krabs nervous!

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid

5 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

I'll give you a MILLION imaginary bonus points if you can ACTUALLY prove THAT WITHOUT resorting to using the internet to FABRICATE your claims of THAT! :rolleyes:

Isn't the internet where like everyone talks SpongeBob here? I didn't know all of us members knew each other in real life and when we see each other at our local Starbucks, having a caramel macchiato saying "hey, you know that upcoming SpongeBob episode "Ink Lemonade"?" "yeah it sounds godly".

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:53 AM, dmandaboi said:

is there something you’d like to tell us prez?

Lol I posted that because I saw on my Twitter feed and he said badonkadonk so it was the perfect time to post that ?

This episode was the best of the week so far. I enjoy a lot of aspects of it. Pretty entertaining with Krab's descent into madness (with beautifully trippy scenes around the end of the episode, so beautiful to look at). Good characters and expressions too (I SAW SQUIDWARD WITH A SQUIGGLY MOUTH EXPRESSION IN THE MIDDLE WOOOO IT REMINDS ME OF WUNSCHPUNSCH). But yeah, overall entertaining episode. Probably one of the better episode since of Season 11 episodes for sure, and for the post second-movie era, since you all know I ain't too big on it.

6/10

This was a great episode and one of the best of this season (in my top 5 of the season). The episode's visuals and creepy atmosphere worked amazingly here, it makes the episode feel scary and creepy in a positive way. Also, the episode is very funny, and I love Mr Krabs in this. His slow descent into madness is very funny and entertaining, espicially when he goes completetly insane. It reminds me a lot of Squeaky Boots.

10/10.

After I finally found a way to watch this episode, I can share my thoughts on it.

This episode is simply brilliant, modern classic, not only the best of season 11 thus far, but one of the best post-movie (any movie) episodes, on par with the original seasons. It may sounds like I'm exaggerating a bit, and I probably am, but this episode honestly left me speechless. Almost every joke was funny, premise was surprisingly original, I DID NOT SEE THAT TWIST COMING. Animation was superb, character writing is on-point, there were several amusing exchanges through-out the episode, making comedy much more balanced than in your usual season 11 episode.

I has to applaud to Luke Brookshier and this episode's storyboarders, they did a spectacular job. It really is astonishing, how much Luke improved himself compared to his episode in post-movie. Looking forward to next Luke's episode and I have bright hope for the rest of season 11. (plz call the cops be good, plz)

11/10

(ba-dum-thss)

• Like 2

Strangely enough, even though the synopsis of the episode made it seem like this would be another Ink Lemonade of sorts, this episode turned out pretty good. First off, the animation here is just so great. I know the same can be said for most of Season 11 but here it really feels like they put in a lot of time and effort, and it shows. While not the funniest episode out there, I like how it's handled and where they go with the animation. The twist at the end was pretty cool too. Overall, this was an enjoyable episode and it just goes to show how Luke Brookshier is the best writer of Season 11.

FINAL RATING: 7/10 (GOOD episode)

You know what's REALLY surprising about this episode segment? If you THINK about it, it's actually kind of similar to "One Coarse Meal", in the fact that one character is driven to madness and paranoia! o.o But unlike "One Coarse Meal", this episode segment has Mr. Krabs suffer sanity slippage. And surprisingly, this episode actually SUCCEEDS in making Mr. Krabs madness and paranoia, not simply played for laughs, but actually SEEM very believable! (At least, as far as the standards of "Spongebob Squarepants" goes!) :hysterical: Surprisingly enough, unlike "Clams!", this time it was SPONGEBOB who FIRST suspected that Mr. Krabs had gone off the deep end, while Squidward seemed rather indifferent about the whole ordeal! :rolleyes: Interestingly enough, in this episode we actually got to see BOTH of the Old Man Jenkins in this episode, the short, green one with eyeglasses, and the tall, green one with a beard! You can tell that a character's sanity has GOT to be questioned, when he suspects SANDY and his OWN crush MRS. PUFF, of trying to steal the formula for Plankton! Thankfully, it was revealed that Plankton was actually trying to do a nice thing, for celebrating the anniversary of the very FIRST time he tried to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, making Mr. Krabs have to HURT himself in order to get the booby-trapped Krabby Patties he had intended for Plankton! :D Thankfully, Mr. Krabs managed to get BACK at Plankton for BAILING on his usual routine, by booby-trapping a FAKE bottle with a FAKE Krabby Patty Secret Formula with dynamite inside! I would DEFINITELY give this episode segment an 11/10! :cool: Enough said! ;)

• God Himself 2

Alright, this is my favorite out of this week thus far (haven't seen Call the Cops yet). I just gotta love when craziness and trippy situations are set up, instead of coming out of nowhere and the episode did exactly that. The premise has been done before but the execution of it felt so different and original. Firstly, the episode was pure hilarity. I loved stuff like Mr. Krabs getting rid of costumers just for Plankton or false alarm at the Krusty Krab or Mr. Krabs banning people from his restaurant or just Mr. Krabs fireworks. Mr. Krabs' road to madness made me actually invested in his character and I liked that he actually suffered from his obsession over no Plankton to steal the formula. I LOVED LOVED LOVED trippy sequences with just Plankton laugh. Animation of it was top notch and the entire sequence was so dark and fun. And the twist, my god. I didn't see it coming. It was already hinted at the beginning but I expected the episode to go in the route of SpongeBob and Squidward setting up a fake theft plan with Plankton to make Mr. Krabs happy and I wouldn't mind If it went with that but I loved that it was a celebration of Plankton's first time to steal the formula. It was just nice for characters to do something sweet to Mr. Krabs, even Plankton. If there's one small complaint I have is that I'm mixed on the end. While it was kind of amusing to see Chum Bucket exploding and yea, Plankton's the villain, Mr. Krabs doing that was a dick move. I just loved entire of this episode. It was funny, unsettling in a good way and sweet. Luke Brookshier has been really great in season 11 and I hope he keeps up with that.

Grade: A-

• Like 5

I hate how unfitting title card’s music was in this episode.Why I mentioned that?Well,because it’s literally the only nitpick that I found here.Without exaggeration,this is a masterpiece.I love it,everting in this episode works so freaking well.The story is sounds like another Plankton Retires,but unlike that garbage,this one fell so fresh and different for usual season’s and overall show’s standards.Every joke is hit,and hit really hard.Every character are so sweet and well written here.And animation,oh boy,this is the best animation in the series!Not only it looks absolutely outstanding,it also add top-notch creepy atmosphere.Of course it’s 10/10 eppy.I hasn’t decided yet is I love this episode as much as Squid Noir or High Sea Diving,but it’s definitely Top 3 of the season,and one of favorites of the entire series.

Luke Brookshier is so good in this season my God,can’t wait for his Night Patty,and from picture that been leaked for it,it’s looks like another art.

• Like 5

-I want to go under cover too ;) 

-Aw, Krabs/Plankton are ride or die vacation pals. Reminds me of the details of their relationship like the card playing night.

-Krabmeleon. "From now on I'm using the drive thru". 

-#BanPockets. Clam sign as a megaphone was nice touch.

-The non-clean shaven Krabs having a Plankton breakdown provided some of the most creativity in visuals from s11 so far. Could've even gone darker with it.

-Old Man Jenkins and Krabs go back all the way before Plankton, his daughter, and Puff. :( 

-Some say Squidward is still tied to that chair to this day.

-Not that the booby trap patties weren't some mildly amusing slapstick, but I think more of a focus of an exchange between Plankton/Krabs would've capped the episode off heartwarmingly. Plankton gets crushed under that custom cake and then kerploded. Solid 8.5/10 even if we got a customary ending.

• Like 2

Well move over Bottle Burglars, make way for my new favorite for the season. I was skeptical cause I found the other heavily praised episodes of the season (Chefbob, My Leg) either overrated or ok. But this.....this was actually great. It's not too often you get a Krabs centric episode that isn't about money, but I really think they really did a good job here. Krabs is a fun protaganist, and his slow descent into madness was hilarious. This is the funniest episode of the season. They jammed so many great gags here,and it really is consistant in it's humor. Oh yeah, the expressions here feel justified. Krabs is going mad, so of course he is gonna be wonky. I was actually amused by some of the expressions too. The ending twist was something that I would never expect, and it's nice that Plankton cares about Krabs a little bit (even if the feeling isn't exactly mutual). Oh yeah the trippy scene is even better than the one in Soup. Very well animated, probably the best animation in the season. I really think the crew hit a big winner here. Vincent didn't make himself a liar when he said this was a great episode. Very impressed with Luke, excited to see what he does next.

9/10

Edited by hippythehippo
  • Like 2