• Advertisement

235b. Library Cards

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Cards: I love books!
    • 4/5 Cards: A library is a playground...for your mind!
    • 3/5 Cards: Not so fast SpongeBob. What's in the secret room?
    • 2/5 Cards: I don't think Patrick knows how to use a book properly...
    • 1/5 Cards: WHY YOU

tVF2Rdj.png

Premieres: 

Tuesday, September 25th @ 6:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

When Patrick discovers the pineapple's library, SpongeBob introduces him to the wonderful world of book learning!

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Harold Claude

In the first look,the idea of episode seem pretty new and original...but then I looked deeper,and realized that title used "Cards",and you know what episode used it before?

8220247C-CFCC-4CC6-8608-E68ADF4A6B95.jpeg.75ce63674d28a1272509b164715dc61c.jpeg

how dare new spongebob’s crew even though when they make this title it’s such an pathetic and shamed crime to rip off this original title this episode didn’t even aired yet but i already know that it’s a scumbob episode but seriously why new spongebob is so unoriginal we need more sportz 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • God Himself 7

18 minutes ago, Coffee_lover said:

In the first look,the idea of episode seem pretty new and original...but then I looked deeper,and realized that title used "Cards",and you know what episode used it before?

8220247C-CFCC-4CC6-8608-E68ADF4A6B95.jpeg.75ce63674d28a1272509b164715dc61c.jpeg

how dare new spongebob’s crew even though when they make this title it’s such an pathetic and shamed crime to rip off this original title this episode didn’t even aired yet but i already know that it’s a scumbob episode but seriously why new spongebob is so unoriginal we need more sportz 

also this is clear rip-off of scavenger pants

you know

spongebob goes around locations and finds things

despite having different plot motivations and even style of comedy, we can clearly see that this episode is a blatant rip-off

such a shame

• Sad 1
  • God Himself 1

This episode rippedoff Patrick Smartpants and the books in the background distracted me

SCUMBOB episode 9/11

In all seriousness this was meh, I doubt I'll remember 90% of this. But at least the word city in Patrick's Brain was cool.... other than that this is so forgettable and boring

Honestly thought this episode was really lame and pointless. Patrick was really annoying and unfunny again. Not his worst appearance of the season, but I just didn't care for him at all here. None of the gags in this episode really did anything for me either. Especially when a few of them were wasted on the unfunny booger jokes, which were really gross and not needed. The "WHY YOU" show was okay at first, then I got tired of it by the end. But the worst part of it all is that it feels like they genuinely had no clue what to do with the episode at all, hence why we randomly get Patrick SmartPants 2.0 in the second half of the episode. I hate to be one to complain about rehashing episodes, but the second half with "smart Patrick" was literally done so much better in Patrick SmartPants that I don't even know what the point was. Patrick getting a big head and being stuck in the door felt like a lazy and last minute conflict since the episode had no real direction. Speaking of, the episode in general also gave off a lot of lazy "bottle episode" vibes which made this one not really interesting to watch in general. Just overall a dull waste of time for me personally. It's far from the worst episode of Season 11, but I just can't really give this episode a pass in any way. It bored me more than anything, and that's the worst thing I can say about it. I'll probably ultimately forget its existence by the end of the season.

Grade: D

Edited by Harold Claude
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Look. I get that starfish don't have a brain, but this era has been taking Patrick's character to the point where he can't even function as a person at all. It's really annoying seeing him like this on the screen all the time now, almost to the point where his character is worse than Squidward's. It's just another visual wacky silly jokes episode that I will probably forget about due to how fucking boring it was and how hard it's trying to be with it's visual, dumb humor.

I will say that there's some nice facial expressions on SpongeBob in here but that doesn't save this gross, idiotic episode. 

Also the what'd I do quote got annoying the first minute it showed up. Christ we get it it's suppose to be an idiotic show don't need to repeat it seven times

Also Also, Bob Jacques isn't good for this show. His style of animation is creative but SpongeBob isn't the type of show for this Ren and Stimpy like pacing. It just isn't. Stop.

also also also I'm sick of seeing that fucking ren expression I see on Patrick around the end of the episode, I think it was somewhere around the beginning too, i fucking hate that expression to death. It's one of the worst expressions you can put on a cartoon character.

0/10

• Like 4

This episode was... alright, I guess. It gave me strong Patrick SmartPants vibes, to start out with. I guess some of the jokes here were sort of funny, but there wasn't anything outstanding here either. There's not much to comment on here other than how this episode is pretty dull and there were not one but two disgusting booger jokes and... yeah.
seriously i can't remember enough from this episode to give it a full rating, let's just leave it at how it's not as bad as I was afraid it would've been but it's nothing too special and i don't see it getting much praise anywhere

FINAL RATING: 5/10 (MEH episode)

12 hours ago, President Squidward said:

also also also I'm sick of seeing that fucking ren expression I see on Patrick around the end of the episode, I think it was somewhere around the beginning too, i fucking hate that expression to death. It's one of the worst expressions you can put on a cartoon character.

What does that sort of expression look like? I'm not sure what you're referring to tbh.

34 minutes ago, QuilavaRDSP said:

This episode was... alright, I guess. It gave me strong Patrick SmartPants vibes, to start out with. I guess some of the jokes here were sort of funny, but there wasn't anything outstanding here either. There's not much to comment on here other than how this episode is pretty dull and there were not one but two disgusting booger jokes and... yeah.
seriously i can't remember enough from this episode to give it a full rating, let's just leave it at how it's not as bad as I was afraid it would've been but it's nothing too special and i don't see it getting much praise anywhere

FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)

What does that sort of expression look like? I'm not sure what you're referring to tbh.

Saw this expression on Patrick when SpongeBob is making him dumb again. I wish I could grab the screenshot from the episode but nowhere on the internet has the episode uploaded yet. So here's the ren and stimpy expression I'm talking about. The w mouth or whatever the fuck it's called lmao

mJiLKQz.jpg

If you asked me, what in season 11 can be considered a MAJOR flaw, I'd say it's Patrick centred episodes. He's fine in most of his more secondary appersences, heck, even some of his episodes aren't too bad, No Pictures Please is fine and Patnoccio was genuinely funny. But it's a shame that's Patrick's characterization suffers a lot in season 11, especially after spectacular job they did with the character in 9b.

Why I wrote all of this? Hooray, this is, hopefully, the last episode that centers around Patrick in season 11 based on synopsyses. I couldn't be happier.

As for the episode... it's forgettable. It's good that they at last aknowledged SpongeBob's library and used it as a plot-point, but it wasn't exactly I had in mind. There are a few good jokes (which will be probably enough for PieGuy to call it "good", if we ignor that..)

...That for some reason Mr.Lawrence decided to rip-off Patrick Smartpants in the second half of the episode. 

Why?????

I dunno, too. 

4/10

• Like 4

Warning:REALLY outdated and dumb opinion of mine,don’t open spoiler page if you don’t wanna see review as dumb as actual episode.

Spoiler

As much as I sympathize with this season,I always agreed about one particular season’s flaw:main focus on Patrick.Like Klu say above,I still think that he can be fine as a secondary comic-relief character(even if this area he can failed really bad,The Clam Whisperer and Drive Happy are both great examples).But it’s really risky to give him a full 11-minutes,and from all Season the only episode that I truly enjoyed is No Pictures Please.Pat the Horse is too different in his idiotic atmosphere to earned a real rating,Old Man Patrick is my Guilty Please at best,Patnocchio while a little better than I used to think,but it’s still an pretty mediocre parody with too random jokes,and I think that sayin something about Ink Lemonade is unnecessary.And then this episode...

I’ gonna be honest,I had extremely low expectations for Library Cards.Especially after a lot of negative reviews I’ve seen,but after watching this episode,I been surprised a lot,it’s still wasn’t enough to be good,but I have too much enjoyment from it to call it downright bad.

Firstly,I need to say that I don’t mind Patrick in this episode that much,sure,he acts childish,but AT LEAST it’s episode’s point and he doesn’t do that for completely no reason(I’m looking for you,Clam Whisperer),and competing to his previous appearance,he noticeably town-down a bit.I’m also been impressed by episode’s humor,I don’t know what about you guys,but I absolutely love Season’s visual humor presentation,and this episode is not a exception,I really enjoyed several books puns(I still laughed at Cliffhangers and Gary’s book)Brain’s town inside Patrick,and some other minor visual jokes,not the funniest episode,but still enough for me to get enjoyment from one episode.And story,yes,it’s clearly a Patrick SmartPants clone,but it’s still not ruined episode for me because Library Cards trying to going in a different way to solving conflict(I don’t say that it’s as good as SmartPants,not even close)

And you may ask me,do I have any problem with episode?Not only I do,it really drop down episode from begin good...Animation.

And no,I not talking about wackiness or gross out.This episode looks really poorly in technical aspect.Most of episode characters designs look painfully thin,most of movement objects appear/disappear on a middle of a screen,and most of animation’s expressions are no finished at all,and it’s okay if it would be in some moments few times,but it’s been happen IN THE ENTIRE EPISODE,it’s without a doubt the worst animation in Post-Sequel era(Yes,even worse than Doodle Dimension’s animation)Maybe some of us not even noticed that cuz you have other problems with episode,but it’s unexplainable bother me.

If speaking shorter,I don’t gonna complain with you if you dislike Library Cards,but personaly,I have a lot of fun with it

But unfortunately,thanks for shitty animation,it’s one of my least favorites episode from this season,even if it’s still not bad.And it’s still better than Patnocchio and ESPECIALLY Ink Lemonade if say at least.

Solid 6 or 6.5/10

This episode is kind of boring to me. It just has Patrick Smartpants 2.0 vibe on it. I couldn't stand this "Why you?" gag/joke which is really annoying. Patrick shouldn't be there even he has act dumber for few times. Also, the title i felt is misleading because there wasn't any mention of "library card" or whatever the plot that is.

I honestly find this to be very lazy and dull at the same time. Overall, this episode is very meh.

Final Grade: D-

• Like 2

I have...mixed emotions regarding this episode. On the one hand, I like it that we got to see the return of SMART Patrick again, and they didn't even make him INSUFFERABLE like he was the last time he was smart! :D And Patrick even PROVED that he COULD become smart on his OWN terms, WITHOUT any brain coral! :cool: Unfortunately, the conflict they HAD to set up, Patrick getting his HEAD stuck in a door, was just about the LAZIEST excuse of a plot conflict that they could have come up with! o.o I mean, "Catdog" of ALL shows, did a SIMILAR kind of episode, where the normal 'ditz' character (Dog), got SUPER smart, and they made a MUCH better conflict out of THAT scenario! :rolleyes: If "Spongebob Squarepants" did something similar to that, or even COMBINED the GOOD parts of this episode with the GOOD parts of "Doodle Dimension", they could've MADE a really GREAT episode! But overall, this episode really isn't THAT terrible! Only the booger jokes really bothered me, and the show within the show "Mr. Urchin and Fail Snail" gag, really didn't bother me THAT much! If anything, it seemed like a BIG "Take That!" against the type of humor usually seen in "Teen Titans Go!" :hysterical: I guess I'd give this episode a 65/100. Not bad, but could've used SOME improvements before it was actually MADE into an episode! Enough said! ;)

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

I have...mixed emotions regarding this episode. On the one hand, I like it that we got to see the return of SMART Patrick again, and they didn't even make him INSUFFERABLE like he was the last time he was smart! :D And Patrick even PROVED that he COULD become smart on his OWN terms, WITHOUT any brain coral! :cool: Unfortunately, the conflict they HAD to set up, Patrick getting his HEAD stuck in a door, was just about the LAZIEST excuse of a plot conflict that they could have come up with! o.o I mean, "Catdog" of ALL shows, did a SIMILAR kind of episode, where the normal 'ditz' character (Dog), got SUPER smart, and they made a MUCH better conflict out of THAT scenario! :rolleyes: If "Spongebob Squarepants" did something similar to that, or even COMBINED the GOOD parts of this episode with the GOOD parts of "Doodle Dimension", they could've MADE a really GREAT episode! But overall, this episode really isn't THAT terrible! Only the booger jokes really bothered me, and the show within the show "Mr. Urchin and Fail Snail" gag, really didn't bother me THAT much! If anything, it seemed like a BIG "Take That!" against the type of humor usually seen in "Teen Titans Go!" :hysterical: I guess I'd give this episode a 65/100. Not bad, but could've used SOME improvements before it was actually MADE into an episode! Enough said! ;)

I'm assuming you've never watched Teen Titans Go because the humor shown in that show isn't even the humor shown on TTG.

1 hour ago, President Squidward said:

I'm assuming you've never watched Teen Titans Go because the humor shown in that show isn't even the humor shown on TTG.

Wrong. I have seen a FEW episodes of "Teen Titans Go". Some of them (all EARLY episodes) were okay, but everything after THAT just SCREAMED, "Flat Out BAD!!!!", after THAT!!!! :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

I actually was thinking about that CatDog episode while watching this. I'm pretty glad it didn't go in that direction. I'm almost thought it would when Smart Patrick started spouting confusing knowledge around SpongeBob's head.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 4EverGreen said:

Wrong. I have seen a FEW episodes of "Teen Titans Go". Some of them (all EARLY episodes) were okay, but everything after THAT just SCREAMED, "Flat Out BAD!!!!", after THAT!!!! :rolleyes:

Okay I will admit later seasons of TTG is more stupid and childish, but more in a toilet humor and self aware way, not in the way of The Sir Urchin and Snail Fail show, which is just slapstick and saying the same two lines.

• Sad 1

I admit that this episode was actually better than I expected. It was totally not a good episode but after hearing this much negativity, I expected something dreadful and it wasn't. Firstly, I laughed a lot to Gary being transformed into little snails and SpongeBob doing dark magic to Patrick. Secondly, my god, It was great to see Bill Fagerbakke in a more calm and thick Patrick voice. He nailed at it and It was so refreshing to hear that after how Patrick's voice got more high-pitched. Lastly, well, I suppose that's it. Here comes to another example of why Patrick should have less episodes. He's just no longer an interesting character and his mind was dumbed down to hell in this episode up until it became a poor man's version of Patrick SmartPants. I didn't like that the whole problem with Patrick's intellegence was that his big brain was stuck in the only door in the library, so we have to dumb down him to escape with watching a stupid cartoon. It was such a lazy and unfunny way to fix the problem and I was already done with "WHY YOU" joke. I get what they were going for but they could have at least put effort and make different jokes in the stupid cartoon. Also I get this is cartoon but how the hell someone bookworm as SpongeBob isn't an intellect but Patrick is after fast read of many books? It just came off as off-putting to see someone stupidier becomes smarter than the one that reads book because he also read books. The episode had some good voice acting and a few funny jokes but man, I just wanna see something different from Patrick or none. Thank god, it's the last Pat episode of the season.

Grade: C+

• Like 1