• Advertisement

The Truth About Incels

JCM

I found this video a couple of hours ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about it:

Natalie describes what's wrong with the incel community better than anybody else I've seen speak or write about it. This thread is in Squidward's House due to the potential for heated discussion, but this is a video I feel anybody curious about incels and their propensity to murder loads of people should watch. I'll probably expand on my opinion of incels later, but I wanted to hear what everybody else thought of incels/redpillers/puas first. You don't have to watch the video before chipping in, but it certainly isn't a bad launching-off point, and you may even learn a thing or two about bone structure.

• Like 7

heck yeah contrapoints!!! i've been watching her videos a lot recently and i absolutely adore them

inceldom is a topic that really interests me, and i really love this video for going so in depth to some really dark places. i kinda have a history with incels which makes my hatred/intrest for them really strong. when i was a bit younger, like 12 or so, i used to lurk 4chan a lot for some horrible reason, which lead me to reading so much horrible misogynistic ramblings of incels and red pillers and such. that was not a good mix for my malleable and psychologically unstable mind. it's kinda hard to explain why, but i internalized a lot of the incel mindset of women being inferior, and i ended up hating myself so much for being a woman. obviously this has changed a lot, especially recently where i've learned to embrace feminism and trying not to hate myself, but it still haunts me and i still have those feelings deep within me, and still they hurt.

natalie talking about reading content that hurts you from 26:49 on REALLY hit home with me. the concept of intentionally seeking out things that hurt you is honestly really hard for me to talk about and i don't think i've seen anyone else express the feelings that surround it so well. i would browse 4chan and search for people insulting women and looked for people who would say these horrible things about girls because my depressed, self-loathing ass wanted to hear it. beginning to stop reading these things really helped a lot, and seeing people deconstruct and even just laugh at incel culture is honestly so healing. now i hate myself for reasons other than being a woman and also i'm now a lesbian.

sorry if literally none of this makes sense or sounds like horrible disjointed rambling, i've never really talked about this with anyone and i have a wicked headache to boot so i'm not the most coherent at the moment lol