• Advertisement

Favorite Video Game Console

SpongeNicko

What is your favorite Video Game console? For me, it's a toss-up between the GameCube and PS2. The GameCube because it was my very first console and I have so many nostalgic memories with a lot of its games, and the PS2 because there are just so many fantastic games of multiple varieties on that system (and while it has aged rather poorly, at least you can still run PS2 games at a pretty good level via PCSX2).

What is your favorite console or consoles?

As weird as it might sound probably the 3DS. Have used it a ton since I first got mine all the way back in 2011 and still use it a lot. Wii was my first console so I hold a lot of fond memories for that, but also the Wii had some problems, like shovelware, but that wasn't the system's fault at all.

probably the snes or ds. i adore the snes for the vast amount of innovative and fun games as well as its unique sense of style, both graphically and musically. there are some incredible osts on the snes that i really don't think you can find on any other console. i like the ds a lot too though because it's the console i grew up with, and i love its aesthetics as well

For me, it's between the PS4 and the PS2, although neither of these are childhood consoles (since I first had the latter when I was 13).

The PS2 had a lot of great classics like Hit & Run and Battle For Bikini Bottom, and they were amazing. The graphics were pretty decent for the generation's standard but in general there were a vast amount of titles I owned for it that I genuinely enjoyed.

The PS4 is so graphically stunning and generally amazing, as well. It's also like creating new fond memories for myself in my late teens. Through it I've gotten into game series I've come to adore, such as Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs...heck, I'm also getting into the Amazing Spider-Man games starting with 2 cuz I'm a derp who didn't know there was a first game. And then there's the fact that Kingdom Hearts III is coming out in January and considering that 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 are all on the console too, then every title in this saga of KH is readily playable on a single console.

Right now would be the Switch. It can run current gen games with only a lower resolution on the go, and it has an amazing library, with most of the good Wii U games on there!

In general, tie between PS2, PS3 and Gamecube.

Those systems are really special and have amazing libraries.