• Advertisement

What's the oddest opinion you've ever seen or heard on SpongeBob episodes?

SpongeNicko

9 hours ago, Clappy said:

I’m not trying to pile on 4EverGreen but this is one of the most bizarre reasons to call an episode overrated I’ve ever seen...and you all know the one I’m talking about:

Hopefully Disney doesn't buy SpongeBob and then destroy the old canon..............

God I can't even try to be serious about that.?

10 hours ago, Clappy said:

I’m not trying to pile on 4EverGreen but this is one of the most bizarre reasons to call an episode overrated I’ve ever seen...and you all know the one I’m talking about:

the irony is almost nothing in the show contributes to the canon minus like a few episodes here and there

13 hours ago, yuma the victini said:

how i used to hate band geeks (an opinion i now 100 percent regret)

"i don't like the episode because of how it gets away with what people hate about are you happy now got scolded out plus squidward was reminding me of my music teacher who kicked me out of band just because i couldn'tplay my flute and she said i was doing it on purpose when i have a bad memory plus i don't like the song"

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Wintermelon43 said:

"i don't like the episode because of how it gets away with what people hate about are you happy now got scolded out plus squidward was reminding me of my music teacher who kicked me out of band just because i couldn'tplay my flute and she said i was doing it on purpose when i have a bad memory plus i don't like the song"

12 year old me was weird to say that 

On 8/13/2018 at 2:25 PM, Coffee_lover said:

Can’t believe that I forgot about this treasure from DeviantArt

B284FEE9-98D9-4A8B-B825-AF966CB37E8F.thumb.jpeg.e732edd47a43b82f2934e8ce9f63320c.jpeg 

Absolute gold of oddness  

Deviantart is a goldmine of weird opinions on not just Spongebob episodes but episodes of any animated show. Might have to go down the DeviantArt rabbit hole again.0

"But at least one of the redeem-abilities in Sportz was the vast majority of the show's background characters appearing in the audience, meaning we can see so many classic character designs in HD. (Although I may be just exaggerating and i'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke) and how Mrs. Tentacles appeared physically in the audience as a gag" - Spongebranch

• God Himself 2

On 8/24/2018 at 4:03 AM, Depressed Luigi said:

"But at least one of the redeem-abilities in Sportz was the vast majority of the show's background characters appearing in the audience, meaning we can see so many classic character designs in HD. (Although I may be just exaggerating and i'm not sure if that was meant to be a joke) and how Mrs. Tentacles appeared physically in the audience as a gag" - Spongebranch

S7KyFkE.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • God Himself 2

A fun little rant on this abomination of an episode:

I really don't get why this episode is so loved, because for me, it's an odious episode. Why is this? Well, on the first hand, this episode is literally up there with Waiting in terms of boring. At least Waiting had the redeeming thing of not wasting my time as much. Another thing is the fact that this episode makes literally no sense. Episodes like SB-129 and Snooze You Losefound a way to make this funny, but this thing can't do it considering how boring it already is. SpongeBob just kinda becomes old by spending lots of time with old people. This is honestly up there with SpongeBob in Gramma's Secret Recipe in terms of annoying! Heck, it's even similar to that episode in many ways! (Even in terms of my RATING for both episodes, they're similar to each other). Patrick here...well...he's as unlikeable as he is in The Card!!!!!! In episodes like I'm with Stupid and Krusty Katering, Patrick was doing bad things that were funny and therefore likeable, but in this abomination he's just there to do bad things. Another thing that bugs me is the copout ending, which is really up there with Gone in terms of bad endings. I just can't stand how wierd and annoying this ending is! Heck, it's even a little scary! ARRRGHH!H!H!H!!!! I just can't STAND this episode. Why is this so popular anyway?

• God Himself 1

"And speaking of SpongeBob's grandmother, she is just the absolute worst. I really hate her in this episode. I'm actually surprised nobody mentions her because she's just awful in this episode. She basically punishes SpongeBob and favors Patrick over him just because he wanted to be treated with proper respect. In fact that's basically what this whole episode does; punishes SpongeBob for wanting to be treated more like an adult which is just extremely frustrating to watch. It feels like she is trying to teach him a lesson, but the lesson is so unclear. And because of that she comes across as a huge jerk. I want to say that she is unaware that SpongeBob doesn't like how he is being treated, but it really doesn't feel like that at all, especially in scenes such when she gives him coral, or hands him a giant textbook and office supplies which she knows he doesn't need. I don't know, but it's all so irritating to watch either way.

And I guess I'll also talk about the F I L L E R because this episode also has a lot of F I L L E R such as the scene where Patrick is eating cookies which is gross and drags on and on. But that's not the only case of F I L L E R in this episode because there is the scene where SpongeBob's crying which drags on for OVER A MINUTE, and there is also the F I L L E R scene where SpongeBob is stalling when leaving his grandmother’s house which dragged on for about 40 seconds. To be fair though, it was kind of funny, and it provides a nice build up to the F I L L E R where SpongeBob cries for over a minute. That's a lot of F I L L E R. But barring that, this episode gets a very light AWFUL. This episode is just really frustrating to watch, and that along with the severe lack of jokes and a lack of any sort of substance results in and episode which is just rubbish from start to finish.

FINAL RATING: AWFUL EPISODE"

• God Himself 2

"SpongeBob must've gotten new writers or something, because the humor in the 3rd season and beyond seems forced (and too sarcastic for its own good), Patrick and SpongeBob get dumb beyond belief (atleast in the first two seasons you had respect for SpongeBob), and the plots repeat themselves from earlier seasons. That's right- the episode The Idiot Box, where SpongeBob and Patrick get a big screen TV just to play in the box and Squidward realizes he doesn't have any imagination is a lot like the first episode, Bubblestand, where Squidward adopts SpongeBob's imaginative technique to blowing bubbles."

12 hours ago, hippythehippo said:

A fun little rant on this abomination of an episode:

I really don't get why this episode is so loved, because for me, it's an odious episode. Why is this? Well, on the first hand, this episode is literally up there with Waiting in terms of boring. At least Waiting had the redeeming thing of not wasting my time as much. Another thing is the fact that this episode makes literally no sense. Episodes like SB-129 and Snooze You Losefound a way to make this funny, but this thing can't do it considering how boring it already is. SpongeBob just kinda becomes old by spending lots of time with old people. This is honestly up there with SpongeBob in Gramma's Secret Recipe in terms of annoying! Heck, it's even similar to that episode in many ways! (Even in terms of my RATING for both episodes, they're similar to each other). Patrick here...well...he's as unlikeable as he is in The Card!!!!!! In episodes like I'm with Stupid and Krusty Katering, Patrick was doing bad things that were funny and therefore likeable, but in this abomination he's just there to do bad things. Another thing that bugs me is the copout ending, which is really up there with Gone in terms of bad endings. I just can't stand how wierd and annoying this ending is! Heck, it's even a little scary! ARRRGHH!H!H!H!!!! I just can't STAND this episode. Why is this so popular anyway?

This trend is about ODDEST opinions,Not the Godliest.

This isn’t an odd opinion, but I wanted to share/remind you guys of this anyway. There was this page sometime between 2000-2003 (I think) where people stated their opinions of the then-current SpongeBob (remember, this was the golden era), and one person hated the show for it being too weird. And worst of all, they derived most of this from the thought that the theme song said “He lives in a pineapple under the sink”.

We have come a long way since then.

• God Himself 2

People called One Coarse Meal, the second most hated episode of the show, their favorite Plankton episode in one thread. Also, someone on Spongebuddy Mania called Band Geeks a pile of hot garbage.