• Advertisement

What's the oddest opinion you've ever seen or heard on SpongeBob episodes?

SpongeNicko

Before I state what this topic is about, I just want to preface this by saying that this thread is in no way meant to bash others' opinions. No matter how weird, bizarre or unusual one's opinions may be, I still say we should all do our best not to flat out bash them because people are entitled to their subjective opinions.

With that out of the way, the purpose of this topic is to state what you consider to be the oddest or most unusual opinion you've ever seen or heard when it comes to SpongeBob, in your own opinion of course. For me, I actually have 4 picks, 3 from the same user.

A very old user named george_a (whose posts you can only find from browsing the Tv.Com SpongeBob forum archives, as he posted from August 2007- about March 2008) hated Imitation Krabs (A generally well-received episode) due to SpongeBob not being able to tell the difference between Mr. Krabs and the Robo Krabs. He also hated Valentine's Day because he thought it was "gay", and hated No Weenies Allowed only because they didn't show the inside of the Salty Spitoon.

The other unusual opinion I'll state comes from Nathanjr94, who hated Once Bitten because he thought it was disgusting. While things like this are of course subjective, I've personally never known anyone else who feels this way about OB regardless if they like or dislike it.

What's the oddest you've seen or heard in your own opinion?

Edited by SpongeNicko
  • Like 1

Opinion that I will probably never understand is that somehow second movie is better than the first.

Like, everything was better in the first movie, only thing that was actually done better in the second one is integration of the main cast, but that's it.

Edited by Klu
  • Thanks 1

This High Sea Diving rant:

"This episode is...uhh...what's the word...Oh yeah. ABYSMAL. Really, I have two issues that describe the entire episode. Let's start with the SMALLER ISSUE...

The smaller issue is that this episode is soooooo boring! Nothing funny happens in this episode. AT ALL. This episode is on par with Truth or Square in terms of boring. And at least that episode is forgivable since it's an hour long. This thing is only eleven minutes, and it can be THIS BORING??? I already said that nothing funny happens in this episode, and that's true, but nothing UNFUNNY happens either! Nothing happens here. The gag with Bubble Bass is not funny. The gag with Old Man Jenkins supposedly thinking he's King Neptune is repetetive and very annoying. I also despise of that copout ending. And if you think I'm being super negative with the small problem, I'm going to tell you right now: The problem isn't actually small. It's just smaller compared to the OTHER PROBLEM. So, without further a do, let's get to the big problem in the episode, the reason why I am making this very rant...

The bigger problem is that THIS EPISODE ACTIVELY PROMOTES LITTERING. And no, this isn't some kind of way I am trying to make myself more negative, I mean that it actually DOES promote littering. A lot of you think opposite of me on this, so I will make myself clear as to why I think that this episode does this.

So, this episode doesn't seem like it's going to promote littering at first. And honestly, I wish that SpongeBob actually HAD gone to the surface of the ocean and the episode was over. Because when SpongeBob gets in the fight with Old Man Jenkins, they end up fighting with all the litter at the surface. The Bikini Bottomites use litter from the surface to do useful things. You thought that the boring part was bad? Well, THIS IS THE PART OF THE EPISODE THAT KILLS ME! Why would SpongeBob promote littering in that way? It's not like he's using litter from the seafloor that was littered by other fish. NOPE!!! He is using stuff that originally belonged to humans that got polluted into the sea, and throws them down to the seafloor, and the Bikini Bottomites use it for their own well-being. How can one say this is the opposite of promoting littering? It is exactly the definition of promoting littering! For an episode that is already the pinnacle of boring episodes, why do you HAVE to do this to it? Out of the two ways they could make an episode bad (boring or frustrating), they HAD to pick BOTH.

I try to look for the good in every episode, and let me tell ya: THE GOOD IN THIS EPISODE IS ALMOST NON-EXISTENT. The only good thing in the whole episode is the titlecard, which is amazing, but it almost DOESN'T EFFECT my rating of this abomination! Who wrote this episode anyway?

I said it was abysmal before, but now I think it's actually in my Bottom 10 of the series! It's THAT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually the second worst of the series. However, I don't want to make an entire rant on my least favorite, as that one is too abominable for words.

Welp, I hope you enjoyed this rant."

And now say me that something odd after that 

• Funny 1
  • Confused 3
  • God Himself 2

I’m not trying to pile on 4EverGreen but this is one of the most bizarre reasons to call an episode overrated I’ve ever seen...and you all know the one I’m talking about:

Unpopular opinion time, "Shanghaied" and "Wet Painters" are VASTLY over-rated! :rolleyes: If you really think CAREFULLY about both of those episodes, they're BOTH just "Shaggy Dog Stories." And I mean that, in the sense that in the vast scheme of things, they don't REALLY contribute anything significant to the "Spongebob Squarepants" canon, other than "Shanghaied" being the first SIGNIFICANT role for the Flying Dutchman. Also, "Christmas Who?" is an okay episode, but I just like the stop-motion Christmas special better. Finally, "The Krusty Krab Training Video" episode ending, WAS "The Soprano's" series ending, six years BEFORE that ending ever came about! o.o Hopefully, the top three episodes will actually BE episodes that will be WORTH all the anticipation that everyone has been hoping for! (Waits to see how many users give me a "Sad" reaction for THIS comment!) :hysterical: Enough said!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I have two that encapsulate the twitter community well enough

Firstly not an episode but this is easily the worst thing I've read

https://twitter.com/Kemdizzzle/status/1024341894250328064

Of all the main reasons, a high pitched voice which wasn't there, forgetting the actual humor while also treating humor like it's the only thing SpongeBob can do, and saying there's filler, I just cant. The only thing he's right on is that side characters werent used but why the heck should I care?

Secondly: https://twitter.com/SandalsFish/status/957247314371866624

First off they ignore the fact that Krabs is greedy and has never lost setting up cockiness, and secondly if that's bad then A TON OF EPISODES ARE WORSE! Dying For Pie? Who the fuck makes bombs like pies? Pizza Delivery? The ending can render the rest pointless since it was that close. Shanghaied? The Dutchman didn't have to drop his anchor there in the first place.

I can go on and on about stupid stuff but it makes the episode funny since it's just an animated comedy. A lot of "plot devices" can be found in SpongeBob only if you nitpick the hell out of everything!

Then in the comments of the tweet they agree on WttCB having no comedy which just makes me think theyre trying to be edgy and havent watched anything, but you never know with Poe's Law so I'll take it as them being fully honest and just wannabe tryhards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Trash Boat said:

Twitter community is just impossible to comprehend

Like, there's Facebook that just bashes anything new

And there's Twitter

That's just so BIZARRE 

• God Himself 2

1 hour ago, Trash Boat said:

Firstly not an episode but this is easily the worst thing I've read

https://twitter.com/Kemdizzzle/status/1024341894250328064

Of all the main reasons, a high pitched voice which wasn't there, forgetting the actual humor while also treating humor like it's the only thing SpongeBob can do, and saying there's filler, I just cant. The only thing he's right on is that side characters werent used but why the heck should I care?

Secondly: https://twitter.com/SandalsFish/status/957247314371866624

First off they ignore the fact that Krabs is greedy and has never lost setting up cockiness, and secondly if that's bad then A TON OF EPISODES ARE WORSE! Dying For Pie? Who the fuck makes bombs like pies? Pizza Delivery? The ending can render the rest pointless since it was that close. Shanghaied? The Dutchman didn't have to drop his anchor there in the first place.

I can go on and on about stupid stuff but it makes the episode funny since it's just an animated comedy. A lot of "plot devices" can be found in SpongeBob only if you nitpick the hell out of everything!

Then in the comments of the tweet they agree on WttCB having no comedy which just makes me think theyre trying to be edgy and havent watched anything, but you never know with Poe's Law so I'll take it as them being fully honest and just wannabe tryhards.

I had to give this post a "sad" reaction since WTTCB is one of my favorites ? . That Twitter user seems like a master nitpicker.

31 minutes ago, SpongeNicko said:

That Twitter user seems like a master nitpicker.

Yeah if WttCB is a plot contrivance then I could honestly make an attempt to call out one in every single episode since SB is an animated comedy which, surprise surprise, doesnt make peffect logical sense.

• God Himself 1